Purchase gift cards onboard?

We know we could get a gift card before the trip. The thing is we would like to use our almost $300 of onboard credit we are going to get and use it for the deposit for booking our next cruise onboard. Would be great to know if they have the gift cards or not on the ship before we board. If they don’t have them we could use our onboard credit to possibly ask for a Stateroom upgrade at port before we get on the ship.

I don't think you can use OBC to upgrade since that takes place BEFORE the OBC would be applied to the account.

I can confirm that they didn’t have them on the Magic EBTA last month. I was very surprised when I went to buy one with my OBC to buy my placeholder, and they no longer carried them!

We were just on the Fantasy in May and they no longer have gift cards on the ship. We didnt see them anywhere, so we asked one of the cast members in the shop and they said they no longer carry them.

Can they reload cards? If they can do that, just get one at a Disney Store or Disney Store online (or I'm guessing they have them in the stores at MCO if you fly in there the night before - or if you're at WDW before the cruise) and put like $5 on there, then reload from your OBC.

I don't think the cards bought at Target/BJs/etc. can be reloaded, but I may be wrong.

You can certainly use disneygiftcard.com to reload ones purchased from Target or BJs.
How do you do that? When I go there I see I can purchase a GC however I can't find any way to reload. Could you tell me how to go about that? Thanks.

You can certainly use disneygiftcard.com to reload ones purchased from Target or BJs.

Maybe they changed it. The last time I got one of the pre-set amount ones as a gift it said it could not be reloaded.

How do you do that? When I go there I see I can purchase a GC however I can't find any way to reload. Could you tell me how to go about that? Thanks.
I created an account on disneygiftcard.com, added my $50 or $100 fixed amount card that I had bought at BJs or Target, made it the primary card, and the added additional cards and transferred their balance to the original one. You can only have 5 cards saved in your account. Once I transfer a card, I delete it. Once I accumulate $1000 in the first card, I give the card information to my TA to pay for part of a cruise, delete the card from disneygiftcard.com and save it in a file, in case I get a refund from DCL

I created an account on disneygiftcard.com, added my $50 or $100 fixed amount card that I had bought at BJs or Target, made it the primary card, and the added additional cards and transferred their balance to the original one. You can only have 5 cards saved in your account. Once I transfer a card, I delete it. Once I accumulate $1000 in the first card, I give the card information to my TA to pay for part of a cruise, delete the card from disneygiftcard.com and save it in a file, in case I get a refund from DCL

Thank you for the reply. I knew you could do it by transferring from one card to another. I thought that you were saying you could reload a card by using a credit card option and not having to go to a store to buy a card. Maybe someday they will add that reload option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter