Purchased points and cancelling room

DisneyPriness14

Earning My Ears
We have to purchase 10 OTUY points for an additional night. I know I have to call member services to purchase these 10 points but my question is what happens if I cancel the room.? Will the additional 10 point show up on my dashboard? And if it does not show up on the dashboard will the system still recognize that I have an additional 10 points when I tried to rebook?

I just bought some yesterday fully knowing I was going to cancel and then reallocate the points to a reservation I already had which was made inside 7 months. I don’t think they show up on the dashboard, but I could be wrong because I never looked at my dashboard after I did the cancel before reallocating. But they showed up as an option to use when I modified my current reservation. They showed up as Aulani points.

I just bought some yesterday fully knowing I was going to cancel and then reallocate the points to a reservation I already had which was made inside 7 months. I don’t think they show up on the dashboard, but I could be wrong because I never looked at my dashboard after I did the cancel before reallocating. But they showed up as an option to use when I modified my current reservation. They showed up as Aulani points.
Hi there thank you for answering! So I’ve never done this before if you don’t mind and I’m trying to understand what you’re saying. So I could call right now and book a room for 10 points for whatever is available.. and then I can immediately cancel it knowing that I have an additional 10 points, even if it does not show up in my dashboard?

So what you’re saying was that you purchased points and immediately canceled it and were able to rebook with those points knowing that you had them?

Hi there thank you for answering! So I’ve never done this before if you don’t mind and I’m trying to understand what you’re saying. So I could call right now and book a room for 10 points for whatever is available.. and then I can immediately cancel it knowing that I have an additional 10 points, even if it does not show up in my dashboard?

So what you’re saying was that you purchased points and immediately canceled it and were able to rebook with those points knowing that you had them?

Yes that’s exactly what I did. I think technically they will only let you buy them to book a reservation. Can’t just buy them to let them “sit”. But it’s silly because once you cancel, they still “sit” until you apply them to another reservation anyway.

Years ago, OTU points didn’t show up online at all and if you needed to make changes using them, you had to call. But at some point it changed. Now if only they’d let us buy them online and not have to call!

Yes that’s exactly what I did. I think technically they will only let you buy them to book a reservation. Can’t just buy them to let them “sit”. But it’s silly because once you cancel, they still “sit” until you apply them to another reservation anyway.

Years ago, OTU points didn’t show up online at all and if you needed to make changes using them, you had to call. But at some point it changed. Now if only they’d let us buy them online and not have to call!
You are amaze!!!! Thank you!!! I do remember looking into it like 10 years ago but I remember that if you cancel that he would have to call to be able to use them again so I am really happy to know that they will at least show up on the dashboard to be able to rebook! Thank you again and have a great day!!

If you buy and cancel, they go back to the UY of the trip and will now expire at the end of that UY.

If you have any other trips planned that UY, that was not booked during a home resort period, yoy can then reallocate those into that trip.

You will not see them on your dashboard. They will be in a temporary contract that shows up when you go to book.

I knew I needed extra Aulani points and didn’t want to have to call when the 7 mo window opened. So I found a night within the 7 months window (but far out from the 31 days) for the points I needed. I kept that one night until my 7 mo window opened and modified it to include everything I needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter