• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Purchases

Chelsea B

Earning My Ears
When staying off-site, can you have purchases sent to the front of the park to hold until park close? Is there a time cut off? Or would you suggest just renting a locker instead?

Thanks!

Yes you certainly can. I did this in DCA last Xmas. Bought a sweatshirt at Humphrey's, picked it up later that day at Elias and Co. IIRC your package may be 'in transit' for a few hours because of the way they pick them up from the various stores and take them to the stores with storage.

See the second paragraph

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq/parks/checking-services/

However, we normally rent a locker if we're off site. It's pretty convenient if you plan your shopping and locker drops with logistics in mind. It just so happened that this sweatshirt wasn't on sale in DL plus our locker was on Main St and I didn't want to waste the time running across the Esplanade.

When staying off-site, can you have purchases sent to the front of the park to hold until park close? Is there a time cut off? Or would you suggest just renting a locker instead?

Thanks!
Like PP said, you can get purchases sent to the front even if you are only doing a day trip. But not every single store does it. I had bought a sweatshirt at Port Royal Curios and they said they didn’t do that, so I had to take it with me until we passed by Main Street and I could stash it in our locker.

Thanks guys! Will they all send items to the on site hotels if staying there?

Anyone know if there's a certain time items would need to be picked up by if they are holding them for you? Lockers don't close right? We like to stay as late as we possibly can! ;)

They will do purchase hold at the news stand by the front gates.

You can get purchases set to the resort hotels if you are staying there...but they will not be available until 7am the next morning and you have to go pick up form the Bell desk.

Thanks guys! Will they all send items to the on site hotels if staying there?

Anyone know if there's a certain time items would need to be picked up by if they are holding them for you? Lockers don't close right? We like to stay as late as we possibly can! ;)

Yes all stores will send to the three onsite hotels. The only caveat is that we've been 'warned' that purchases made starting the afternoon of the day before check out may not get to the bell desk by check out time, meaning the hotel will have to ship them to you (I don't know who pays the shipping). So any purchase I make starting the day before checkout I always ask the CM if they'll get to the bell desk in time for check out. So far, so good. But one of the great things about onsite is that usually by the last day your shopping is done because you shop as you go. You don't have to wait until the last day/last evening to do all your shopping so you don't have to tote a bunch of bags around.

I don't know about pick up times in the stores. Lockers stay open at least as long as the parks. I know we've gone at closing to clean out our locker. This is what it says on the DL website

Please keep in mind that lockers inside the parks are only accessible during park operating hours. Items cannot be stored in lockers overnight. If you’ve left an item in a locker overnight, please contact Lost and Found.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter