Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Aw, what a nice grandma, Snowysmom :)

:hug:Lynn, I agree that very odd and not right especially since they are paid to do the entire lot!

We're expecting a lot of mail today including more surprise crossword puzzles. I hope it all comes.

:thanks:again to Frog for suggesting I make dad a custom crossword puzzle. Google brought up some choices of sites along with word search and even hidden picture or spot the difference printables that are birthday themed. I'll make him a variety. As far as newspaper puzzles, God sure has graced this gift project. I'm now expecting puzzles from all but 9 states!

Hawaii
Idaho
Kentucky
Oklahoma
South Carolina
Vermont
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin

Any Quackers with family or friends in the above 9 states?

Wishing a :tigger:tigger-ific afternoon to all.

We have bright sunshine and its 36 degrees out.
Here, too.
I ordered my kits already.
Me, too!

I need to think of something for dinner...it's starting to look a lot like bacon & eggs w/ toast. I need to remember to take something out of the freezer for tomorrow evenings meal.

I've got some laundry to tackle when I get home from the office, so that's something to look forward to:rolleyes2

Just ordered my kits. Thanks for the heads up.

Lynn People are sometimes just so clueless. Sorry you had to deal with that snow removal nonsense. I am glad the cats are happily sunny themselves today. They are lucky to have you.

I got the stuffed dogs I had made from Chris's shirts. They are so cute and bigger than I thought. I am going to let my older DGD and DGS pick out which ones they want as they care about stuffed animals more than the others. I had one made for me with Chris name on it.

Have a nice evening.

Thanks, Lynn. That is what is making this harder but also more rewarding because the puzzles would be unique :)

:grouphug:Snowysmom. I am so glad you are pleased with the stuffed animals. I know they will bring great comfort and love from you and Chris to your grandkids. I pray your own friend will bring you much comfort:hug:

Lynn People are sometimes just so clueless. Sorry you had to deal with that snow removal nonsense. I am glad the cats are happily sunny themselves today. They are lucky to have you.

I got the stuffed dogs I had made from Chris's shirts. They are so cute and bigger than I thought. I am going to let my older DGD and DGS pick out which ones they want as they care about stuffed animals more than the others. I had one made for me with Chris name on it.

Have a nice evening.

I hope that it brings you some comfort :grouphug:

Have a nice evening.

I'm so glad you were pleased with the stuffed animals, what a great gift to your grandkids!

Snowysmom.... I'm glad you are happy with the stuffed dogs, they sound really memorable. I would love to see a picture!pluto:,

DH didn't need a blood transfusion today, his blood counts were up enough to not need one. He was happy, and we celebrated by getting breakfast out, the 2nd time since covid we've been in a restaurant. The restaurant had their tables really spread out and we felt comfortable. Since the cancer we have had to be really careful, he can't afford to get a virus now.

Yesterday I did a donation to our local Humane Society in Betty's name ( we got Tucker there) We've been watching a lot of the reruns of shows she was on, what a treasure!

We are supposed to be getting a cold snap, very windy, Oh well, I'd rather have cold than snow.

Have a peaceful evening everyone, stay warm!

In case you haven't seen this, the site for getting free COVID tests at home from the government that was supposed to go live tomorrow went live today. I ordered my kits already.

tests

Thanks! I filled out the form and it immediately came up as a duplicate order. Checked with family and no one knew about the site yet. I had heard it was coming. So, who used my address to order tests????

Editing: that's rhetorical...not expecting anyone here would know.

Last edited:
it's starting to look a lot like bacon & eggs w/ toast.
I took Christmas ham out of the freezer and had it with scrambled eggs, toast, and some fresh fruit.

hmmm....I was just a smart *** on another thread.
eh, he asked for it.
We need to know what thread. This is close to the only one I read.

I got the stuffed dogs I had made from Chris's shirts.
I am glad you were pleas with them

I filled out the form and it immediately came up as a duplicate order.
That's too bad. I hope that you get it figured out. At least they will come to your house.

I took Christmas ham out of the freezer and had it with scrambled eggs, toast, and some fresh fruit.

We need to know what thread. This is close to the only one I read.

I am glad you were pleas with them

That's too bad. I hope that you get it figured out. At least they will come to your house.

I hope so. I guess it may have been a typo or somebody's friend trying to order for them and messing up the address or something like that.

I ordered my test kits today.

Snowysmom, what nice gifts for your grandkids and for yourself! When my dad died six years ago we had lap quilts made out of his t-shirts for the grandkids. Lil Joe has taken over DD's. Lil Joe was born just three weeks before he passed away and we have a picture of my dad laying in bed with Lil Joe laying on his stomach.

DD went back to school and had a good day so I think that she is on the mend. The kids were good, kept themselves entertained a good part of the day with four shoe strings, a Hot Wheels Monster truck, a large wooden train car and three plastic hoops about the size of a 5" dinner plate that belongs to an outside game. Imagine that! They also discovered a secret compartment in DD's French desk that had several lipsticks in it that she had forgotten about. Fortunately Lou Lou came to show me her "pretty lips" and I was able to put them away after they each got to put more lipstick on.

DH stayed home, it's hard for him to sit around but he managed. I finally needed to lay down a little after 3:00. I got up with my neck and head aching just a little. We're both running a degree of temperature.

The wind turned from the south today. After a day of little to know pollen, it blew in big time today. The winds were blowing about 20 mph making it still a tad cool today even though it got up to the low 70's. It's going to turn colder tomorrow for the rest of the week, sunny days with 40/50 degree daytime highs and around freezing for night time lows.

Dinner tonight was Ritz Cracker chicken, steamed cauliflower with cheese sprinkled on top, some kid of vegetable rice DD made and Dole's Endless Summer salad pack.

:hug:Dazed, what a blessing to celebrate indeed!

Kirby, I'm happy to hear your family are feeling better! :)

No mail here yet at just after 6pm. I hope it does come. I feel badly also for those who so kindly sent me crosswords! For here, mail-wise, after 7:30 last week, maybe just after 6 is "early." :P

Be cozy and have a good night's rest, friends.

@dazedx3 That is something to celebrate.

I have my stuffed dog on my bed and I snuggled with it going to sleep. I do cry sometimes when I look at it but then it gives me a bit of comfort. My older DS saw them and thinks they are really nice. I sent a picture to younger DS and he liked them alot. On a videochat I showed a couple to my grandkids. I am so glad I did them. Now I have to contact the woman doing my memory quilt and pillows, She was starting those in January.

It is going to be warm here today, mid 40s. I will go to the house and take out the trash. Then time for a walk without the cold and wind.

Have a good day.

Good morning...18 outside now, going to be 50--hopefully that will melt a lot of the snow and icy spots. Trash is down at the curb, cats are all fed and watered, and birds are fed.

Today is grocery day. Aldi, Walmart SuperCenter and Giant (Martins), if Walmart doesn't have Mr L's Gold Peak Ice Tea. They seem to carry it all summer, and into the fall, and then it disappears in the winter. People don't stop drinking ice tea then? LOL!

Have a nice morning everyone

452f9ca9889f749b725343fe49822d13.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter