Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good Tuesday morning :)

Back at the office today, ugh :(. I just dread coming into the office, I'm so used to working from home and really enjoy it. Oh well, I'll do what I have to do.

Pea-n-Me - the hospital dinner wasn't the best, I ended up throwing 1/2 of mine away. The turkey was okay and the dressing was good but the rest, :crazy2:, really disappointed. I switch back and forth from day shift to night shift so I work Xmas night. It's not that bad, we'll do our Xmas on Xmas Eve and I won't have to rush the kids out of the house so I can get the bed so we'll be able to hang out longer.

Bought some more lights for the outside last night. Hopefully ds3 will put those up when he gets home from work today. I have a hair appointment after work, it's my trial run for my wedding hair. I asked ds1 and future dil what they really wanted off their bridal registry, they decided on their pots and pans so that's what I got them.

That's about it for me today, guess I'll try to look busy as coworkers start to stream in :thumbsup2. Everyone have a good day!

Good morning.

Got the creche up last night and working on the candles this morning before I go to do a shift at the door at church. After that a few errands in the town where the church is, then grocery shopping.

DH took our old freezer to the metal recycling this morning. It was a small one that still worked, but noisily. We got a replacement a year ago and used both for a while during the worst of the pandemic. It has been sitting empty for a while. We bought it with wedding money when we got married so more that 35 years old. A little sentimental but it was taking up space and we didn't trust it. And DH got $9.60 for it at recycling.

Back to trying to accomplish something.

If we rent.....If we decide to buy....We have to decide by Dec 19th what we are doing, so that's going to be fun.

Oh boy - sounds like you've got some decisions to make in the next few weeks. Good luck!

said I can come in tomorrow morning

That's good - hope it is nothing.

Longwood Gardens to see the Christmas displays

uh - every year I tell myself I need to haul my butt up there and every year I always get to busy. I'm going to have to take a look at their website and see if there are any tickets left that fit my schedule. If not NEXT YEAR for sure!

I’m taking a page from Carol’s book and saying I’m too beat to respond to all posts individually, but thinking of you all, and hoping those going through rough times or surgeries are all doing well, etc.

That's where I am finding myself at. Life continues to march forward and return to normal for us and I am missing things in this thread as I no longer have the time all of the time to check it as often, or at least to respond.

Christmas cards

I've got mine spread out in front of me, I'm starting to write them out and address them. I should stop at get holiday stamps this afternoon - we have a postage machine in the office and I could just stamp them all but there is something nicer about a stamp at the holidays I think.

I told Summer to message the installer and tell them its here, and ask him when he might get to it,,we want it done before Christmas!

You should get his number from her and eliminate the middle man. Maybe he's be more responsive/you'd have a better handle on when he can be there if you speak with him directly.

Happy last day of November everyone, time to bring on Christmas! I've maybe mentioned before that I'm trying to scale down the 'stuff' at Christmas, just a few nice gifts each and stockings. So to that end I'm trying to muster up the energy to go shopping on Saturday and collect most, if not all of the stocking stuffers for 4 young adults and my husband, plus the few gifts I need to pick up on my list. I did order a few things online, but I'm more of a tactile shopper, I want to see and experience and poke around and try to find something fun/interesting/useful. And I've got something going on the following weekend, and I'm not really wanting to go the last weekend prior to the holiday - so this coming weekend it is.

Dropped my folks off at the airport and they are on their way home after a weeks visit up here, they are looking forward to traveling again and going on a long awaited trip later in December. Dogs are wondering where they are, as soon as grampop arrives the dogs are forever over there visiting him! Must be the stash of treats he kept for them!

Off to a Dr. appt. later this AM, and if time allows afterward before the darkness sets in I want to bring up a pallet of firewood from the barn.

Have a good afternoon everyone -

:grouphug:Snowysmom and prayers you do find some comfort and routine in work. We're here.

Hugs, Lynn, car expenses sure do add up quickly! It is hard when those we care about don't seem to make the wisest of choices long term with money or anything else. Summer will get there. Meantime, I just continue to be so grateful that she's been a support to you and Mr. L. Please do keep warm, my friend!

I hope work goes smoothly Footballmouse! And it is exciting your DS' wedding is getting closer :)

Carol, it always brings my heart extra peace and joy to set up the creche. I hope doing so did likewise for you. I don't have any real Advent candles but lit a virtual one. I should make a wreath. I hope all your errands go quickly and smoothly today.

Thank you, Easyas! It will bring me peace of mind to see the dentist. I really don't think anything is wrong. As dad said I'm not a dentist and did immediately notice something had changed, better to get it looked at then not. I agree that an actual stamp somehow personalizes a note or card. ITA on "stuff" and also "busyness" during Christmas especially. Next year, I will definitely be keeping things MUCH simpler in terms of planning any shopping, packages, and even cards. Hug, what matters is not how often you post but that you do check in when you can because we all care.

I see the dentist at 11. I'll share later what happens. I'm really excited that my friend will get her stocking today! :santa:

Last edited:

@easyas123, Remember the drive through light display is at Pecometh this Saturday 5-7 pm.

stocking stuffers for 4 young adults and my husband,
I need ideas. I am keeping the stockings small this year but my kids expect a toothbrush. Maybe some candy. I used to get a miniature of alcohol but maybe not this year. I am getting small hand sanitizers I saw at Staples for $.49.

Hello to all Quackers. I can hardly believe it is the last day of November. Time definitely marches on...faster and faster as I get older. We had a good Thanksgiving and I was able to get some Christmas shopping done over Thanksgiving weekend. I still have a ways to go, but I know I'll be ready when the time comes. Our church children's Christmas program is on the 12th so I have been helping with that. A new young girl graciously took over Sunday school duties this year, but I stayed on to help through the play since she's never done one before and they can be a bit overwhelming. We don't do anything too crazy, but still takes time and some organization.
I too am continuing to send prayers and good thoughts to all Quackers who are going through a rough patch. Rough patches seem to be magnified, at least for me, during the holiday season. I pray that all who have major life changes happening or are missing loved ones during this time, find peace and ways to find the good and something to be joyful for.

Hi, all! No big news to share here, just Christmas decorating and, at the moment, getting a little fresh air with one of the kitties.

I noticed people mentioning the thread being on page 2, etc. I usually find it by clicking "watched threads" (in the pull-down menu for "forums") where it's generally right near the top.

Hello everyone, DH is at Chemo, and I am sitting in the recliner with orders "not to do anything stupid" Pain is getting a bit better everyday, thankfully! I really am anxious to continue with holiday preparations, but that is not going to happen just yet. I love Christmas and have been told I go overboard ( way overboard !!) :confused3 I feel like this is such a waste of time. Oh well.

Spent the morning doing a little decorating,,nothing fancy, just some decorations in each room to make it look Christmassy. Only thing left to do is put up the bathroom Christmas curtains I made years ago (they just need ironing to get the folds out) and put up the tree. I have Mr L's Charlie Brown tree on the dining room table..all of my angel stuff on top of the roll top desk,,the bathroom is all snowmen stuff, and the spare bedroom is Santa stuff. I didn't put anything in our bedroom, maybe I should go dig through a tote and find something..lol

Its sunny and 52 degrees out..they say by Thursday we will hit 60? Crazy!

Have a nice afternoon all.

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm grateful I did go see the dentist. I was right and something was indeed "off." Part of an upper filling had fallen out. All fixed now and as always the dentist was so kind. I'll really miss him. I do feel much better having gotten the new dentist's kind reply about meeting him next month.

Hug, to you Frog and thank you for helping the new Sunday school teacher. I love seeing the children's church program especially at Christmas--such joy hearing young voices raised in praise. I think my very favorite children's choir song one year at Christmas was I'll Give Him My Heart I had never heard that song before and it was so very moving.

PollyannaMom, fresh air is always a blessing to enjoy! It was nice for me to see some sunshine this morning on my trip to and from the dentist.

Hug, Dazed and continued prayers for you and your DH. Christmas is definitely my favorite time of year for sure. I hope you enjoy this special, holy season, my friend.

:) I like that you are adding a Christmas touch to each of your rooms, Lynn!

🐥:hug:

I finished the indoor decorating and did some errands after I posted earlier. I hope to do the porch lights tomorrow morning, and then I'm all done! (Weirdly, it happened in completely the opposite order of most years, where it's usually outdoor-indoor-tree, but I'm good with it.:santa: )

Hey everyone.... haven't been on since before Thanksgiving but just got caught up. Thanks for all the love for us and our boy. Our doggie is still hanging in the there. Last time I posted I was almost positive we'd have to take him in over the weekend. We had some friends over on Thanksgiving and they brought both the boys a big bag full of toys and OMG it was like Bingo was rejuvenated. He was so happy and playful with his new toys and I think DH being home all weekend helped too. Today he's seems to be slowing down again, he didn't want to eat this morning so we're thinking he's getting close. :guilty: It's so sad heartbreaking, I'm super sad but it's especially upsetting for DD and DH it seems. They aren't ready to say goodbye.

I feel like I'm coming down with something but I think it might just be the stress. I was supposed to go for a deep cleaning at the dentist this afternoon but canceled and rescheduled for a could weeks.

I got one tree up but not decorated yet. So funny thing is after putting out up and fluffing all the branches as I went to plug it in, I told DD wouldn't it be funny the lights didn't work and what do you know.... some of the dumb lights didn't work... right in the middle. :scared: UGH...lol Oh well, DH end up at Home Depot and just got a small box to fill in the empty spot. :laughing: Still need to decorate but it asks looks good.

Then DH put the lights on the outside of the house for me...he tested the strands from last year and we had a whole spool of new ones he added and GUESS WHAT???? After he had them all up and plugged them in, half of one strand right in the middle of the house wasn't working. :faint::lmao:He checked all the fuses thinking plugging them all in together blew a fuse but he said that wasnt it so who knows. I told him just leave them...:laughing: but he said this weekend he'll see if he can rearrange them and put those non-working ones toward the end of the house where they are less noticeable....GEEZ...:lmao:

Tomorrow I'm working on doing the other decorations around the house but saving the tree decorating for the weekend when all 3 of us can do it. We decided against a real tree for our family room this year and just going to use the little cheapy fake one we used last year again so I'll put that up in the next couple days too.

Last edited:
Good morning and welcome to December,,when it will be 55 degrees here today? LOL!

Guess the neighbors adult son still hasn't learned. Someone knocked at the door yesterday, it was him. He asked if I needed anything done, I said no. Then he said do you have $2..or 1.95 you can give me? I said no, I no longer keep ANY cash in the house, and do not come here and ask me again. Grrrr.....

I took the trash down to the street, am going to iron the bathroom Christmas curtains and get them up. Mr L says maybe today he will try driving..I said in an empty parking lot around the back of the bldg next door until you know how your legs are going to be. He hasn't driven since the beginning of July!

Have a nice morning all..@auntieme3..nice to see you again..and glad that Bingo is still hanging in there!

R (1).jpg

Happy Wednesday! :mickeyjum It's cold and rainy this morning so I couldn't put a sunshine or a pretty flower, so Mickey won out.

Did my trial run through last night for a hairstyle for the wedding :crazy:. I was originally going to pull it up on the sides with some strands hanging down, then she thought maybe pull one side up and the other side kind of 1/2 way up. Then we get to talking and she's playing around with the back of my hair and next thing I know she has it completely in an up-do. We both kinda looked at it and decided we liked that the best. So it's going to be an up-do. I ended up deciding to splurge and bought silver heels. I knew I wanted a high heel but the heels that I have, I wouldn't be able to stay in them the entire night and I'm not changing into gymshoes or flip flops. I bought the same heel height only with a chunky heel. I can walk much better in these, now the question is should I go with the strappy sandals or the closed toe? I'll probably decided the day of.

Stopped at a friend's house after work and grabbed the Xmas ornaments she got me at the craft show a couple of weeks ago. We have 2 cats that have came into the family this past year so they needed their own ornament like the others have. So now Zeus and Cheeto are officially included. :) :cat:

Not much else happening. Survivor is on tonight, getting to the end :guilty:. I'll be okay, I still watch past seasons on Amazon and I just found out that it is also on Netflix. :)

Hope everyone has a great day! :wave:

Good Morning Quackers and Happy December with love to each of you.

Extra hug Snowysmom and prayers yesterday went well for you:grouphug:

:hug: and 🙏on Bingo, AuntieMe3. Thinking of you all!

I had the loveliest conversation with Barbara Ann yesterday afternoon. Terri delivered the stocking surprise to her. As always God's timing was absolutely perfect because it sounded like Barbara Ann really needed some extra love and cheer, reminder that of course God loved and was with her and that through Him she had many friends who love her, too. She was touched and thrilled! She said she's going to try and save most everything until Christmas or at least until she gets her tree put up. Brightened my day and heart in gratitude to Christ for making this possible and those friends He connected along with me to carry out His will.

Cool morning here. Good day to be cozy and finally watch a Christmas movie.

I will check in this afternoon.

Guess what? Mr L drove today! And we went all the way to the discount store over the PA line! He had no issues at all, other than my having to back the car close to the back steps so he didn't have to walk down the driveway to get in. First time he's driven since beginning of July!!! :)

We stopped at McD's and each got a McDouble for lunch, and that was my splurge on salty food for the week. Dinner will just be something light, like cereal. I am going to have sister in law take me to Walmart tomorrow, as we had already planned it, but after that I won't need a chauffeur around anymore..and I won't need the hospital to provide transportation to and from Drs visits, cardiac rehab etc. It did him good to get out of the house, and made him feel better knowing that he could drive again!

Mona..hubby is asleep now, and I am watching Christmas At Hart Castle from Hallmark that was on last weekend...its pretty good!

Guess what? Mr L drove today! And we went all the way to the discount store over the PA line! He had no issues at all, other than my having to back the car close to the back steps so he didn't have to walk down the driveway to get in. First time he's driven since beginning of July!!! :)

We stopped at McD's and each got a McDouble for lunch, and that was my splurge on salty food for the week. Dinner will just be something light, like cereal. I am going to have sister in law take me to Walmart tomorrow, as we had already planned it, but after that I won't need a chauffeur around anymore..and I won't need the hospital to provide transportation to and from Drs visits, cardiac rehab etc. It did him good to get out of the house, and made him feel better knowing that he could drive again!

Mona..hubby is asleep now, and I am watching Christmas At Hart Castle from Hallmark that was on last weekend...its pretty good!
Yay! That must be a nice feeling to have him drive again! A Christmas Miracle! :goodvibes

I have decided to cancel Christmas at my house. When I asked DH the other day if I was going to be able to put up decorations this year I got I don't know as the answer which is translation if you get stuff done I might see if I can find where the decorations are buried in the piles of tubs and boxes in the basement. I am getting no help. I have decided that if I do not get to decorate than Iam not buyin any Christmas presents. I do have a couple of items for each of the girls that I came in late summer/early fall but I have nothing for DH. I have not told my family this and I am thinking I am not going to tell them. If I say anything I get this your just being manipulative attitude.
We will be doing a Christmas party at our 4-H club meeting coming up and we will have Christmas with at least my family. I am hoping that we can pull something off with Mother and Father in Law for Christmas Eve prior to 16 year old having to go to work so early afternoon. MIL is in the early stages of dementia so I don't want her doing anything. I am thinking of just getting some snack items that can be easily served like a relish tray, some fruit, and some sort of meat and cheese with maybe some sort of a dessert. We would just go over for a while to visit until time to run 16 year old to work which is not even 2 miles from parents in law's house. Might just be DH running her over. Than I would like to go to Christmas Eve services with DH and 14 year old and then the plan is to go out and look at lights before going and picking up 16 year old from work after which we will go and look at the illuminaries that one street and a couple of connecting streets have done for years before coming home and having dinner.

We enjoyed our turkey dinner Monday night. I was so excited I dove right in and did not even take a picture. Maybe with leftovers, lol. Last night DD decided to shop and cook, she made French Onion soup and Turkey, Apple and Brie paninis on sourdough bread (below). They were yummy. DS did the same for tonight, he will be making Shepherd’s Pie.

We’ll take it.

It was nice to have a morning off with DS today, so rare for us. We had coffee and breakfast together. Toto was happy and curled up with him as he relaxed. Not much else to report, just plugging away at Christmas things, we hope to decorate and maybe wrap this weekend when I’m off. I’m sort of excited to do my nativities since I’ve been thinking about them all year! I took an extra day off next week and DH was supposed to as well, but he found out today he has meetings that day 😬 so he’s going to see if he can go in just for those. Ugh.

F5196840-CDCF-4BBF-B972-EB4CC09116A3.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter