Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning.

Beautiful sunny day. Hanging close to home again today hoping for the tree to get planted. I have a hair cut appointment this afternoon and then Tessa and Carter are coming for dinner. DSoIL is dropping them off and going to run in a reindeer run. DD has other plans and will pick them up early evening. Plan for home made chicken tenders, mac and cheese from a box, and steamed broccoli.

@lynxstch, I know how you feel about the kitchen. We had a new counter and sink, and new floor done about 4 years ago. Couldn't use the sink and everything except the stove and fridge were out of the kitchen. Table in the family room. Microwave in the cellar. Something, I can't remember what, in the foyer. It was an adventure to prepare meals. A lot of carry out and eating out.

Started watching the live version of Annie last night but I feel asleep
I missed the beginning because I was out and forgot to record. When I got home and turned it on, there were so many commercials that I gave up. I did record all but the first 25 minutes so can watch and fast forward. Three hours seemed long. DD started watching with DGD but she had to go to bed at 9, which was late for her.

Watching Hope at Christmas then need to get some things accomplished on my To Do list.

Started watching the live version of Annie last night but I feel asleep and forgot to record it. It wasn't that bad from what I saw.

I didn't even try to stay up - just set it to record and started watching this morning! I had to stop to help DH with something, and then the cat wanted a walk...so I haven't gotten back to it yet, but I am thoroughly enjoying it so far.

We did Annie in 6th grade (I was Annette - one of the maids in the Warbucks mansion) and it brings back fond memories.:goodvibes

When I got home and turned it on, there were so many commercials that I gave up.

I've mostly been fast-forwarding them, but there are two worth catching:

Wendy's went full retro on theirs and recreated the Boylyn Sisters from the radio scene.

And one of the Fischer Price ones is a kid conducting a bunch of adults in a song from the play on toy instruments. It's really cute.

Good morning.

Beautiful sunny day. Hanging close to home again today hoping for the tree to get planted. I have a hair cut appointment this afternoon and then Tessa and Carter are coming for dinner. DSoIL is dropping them off and going to run in a reindeer run. DD has other plans and will pick them up early evening. Plan for home made chicken tenders, mac and cheese from a box, and steamed broccoli.

@lynxstch, I know how you feel about the kitchen. We had a new counter and sink, and new floor done about 4 years ago. Couldn't use the sink and everything except the stove and fridge were out of the kitchen. Table in the family room. Microwave in the cellar. Something, I can't remember what, in the foyer. It was an adventure to prepare meals. A lot of carry out and eating out.

We have a small kitchen. They did 1/2 of the floor yesterday. Started inside the back door..pulled the fridge out,,got that section done, put the fridge back in and plugged it in..it was only off for about 30 minutes. Today they do the other half when they have to slide the stove out. Its just a pain to have everything else in boxes and in 2 different rooms, lol. I had to put the cats in our room so they don't try to run out if they leave the storm door open, which they keep doing...only planning on one carry out meal while stepson is here..they want to try the Crabby Larry pizza from the local Italian place..its got crab dip, old bay hot sauce, shrimp and mozzarella on it. If they left the hot sauce off,,I might try it,,but I will just order a sub instead..can't stand anything with hot sauce in or on it,,lol.. And they were supposed to be here at 9, and just showed up at 10, so they better plan on that extra hour later to finish up..lol!

've mostly been fast-forwarding them, but there are two worth catching:

Wendy's went full retro on theirs and recreated the Boylyn Sisters from the radio scene.

And one of the Fischer Price ones is a kid conducting a bunch of adults in a song from the play on toy instruments. It's really cute.
Those were the two that I thought were pretty cute.

Besides remembering that I saw the movie version when I was younger with my mom, the other memory I have of Annie is when I took Ds1 to see the stage production when it came to Cincinnati. Big date day for the two of us, got dressed up, went downtown to the big theater center and he was so good. He was in kindergarten and he of course loved Sandy the dog. However, after intermission and the 2nd 1/2 of the show started, Sandy wasn't in it very much and Ds was so worried about the dog. I kept telling him that the dog was okay and it wasn't his turn to be on stage. He just kept asking where Sandy was. paw::love:

They are up to the last 3 pieces of flooring. I just heard him leave someone a message saying 3 more to go,,trim, and a few odds and ends and it will be done..so I hope/guess it will be all done today! Then to use my new Swiffer Wet Jet to clean it, dust everything off, and put everything back, all before stepson gets here..lol

My bank and one of the credit unions we use will take loose change and count it for you. Then you are asked if you want to just deposit in your account or get the money in bills. The other credit union that we use at least prepandemic (I haven't been in for quite a while) has a machine in the lobby that is similiar to a coinstar but they don't take a cut of your money. You get a slip of paper that says how much you have that you take to one of the tellers and either get the money in bills or make a deposit to your account. It does spit out the Canadian Coins that keep showing up around here. Not as much as in Northern Montana areas such as Kalispell, Glacier National Park, Browning, Great Falls, Havre, Glasgow but we still get some. We do have to watch that we don't accidently give a business those coins if we go into even Northern Wyoming: Cody, Sheridan, Gillette as places will not take them. Mainly we tend to get smaller coins and not as much since Canada dropped using the penny a number of years ago.
Since I ended up falling asleep while typing this out and then slept until time to get ready to go to 4-H post family fun night, non livestock department meeting, and council meeting which were scheduled for 5:30,6, and 6:30 respectively I am going to add to this. I lost everything else so I will try and tell the rest of the story later.

Good Afternoon,

I feel so late today to come on here but as always great to see new posts. All of you are sure making peppermint stick ice cream sound SO good! We might have to add that into our Quacker meet up treat plan! 🍨

Big hugs :grouphug: and prayers Dazed, how horribly sad and senseless indeed :( I pray every day that we as a country and world would at last come together as God has called us in united kindness and compassion in general, of course, always and to also help end Covid. Very glad though your cousin is home!

Yikes that is an expensive fix to your phone screen, Carol. I shall pray it holds up VERY well! I hope your haircut goes well. Dad may get his second haircut since this plague began on Monday. He’s looking forward to it. How was Hope at Christmas? It may be waiting for me on the DVR to watch. I hope you enjoyed it and have fun, of course, tonight with your grandkids, too.

:hug:to you as well Snowysmom and indeed prayers you have a comfortable and healing good night, my friend.

Sounds much happier :banana:on the floor front, Lynn, I hope the workers do finish today and that you and are Mr. L are pleased.

Hooray, B&B and praise God! You needed some upbeat happenings to look forward to. I’m so thankful you will get to spend Christmas with more of your family, yay. Love that you're getting your grandson a small tree, too. Enjoy Spiderman!

Footballmouse, I’m sorry about your shoes but am glad you do have the one pair you can use. I hope amazon promptly refunded your money. Wow the wedding is coming right up. Prayers that will be a most joyous celebration for all indeed, my friend.

:) Pollyanna, I still love that you take your cat for a walk, so funny. Aw, I’m glad you have a really positive Annie memory. I admit to never having been into that movie but so glad you and other Quackers have enjoyed at least parts of it.

I hope you have a calmer weekend, Sweetpeama.

Wishing all of you a good rest of the afternoon! :)

They finished around 3. Completely done. Looks so nice! He is coming back tomorrow to replace 3 kitchen outlets that don't work right, and to measure the back doors and look at the ones I picked out on Lowes website and give us an installation price. He only charged us $400 to install the entire floor, including moving the furniture,taking the old tile away, and cleaning up everything afterwards..I just thanked Summer and her husband for getting us the 'friends discount'..lol

Off to find something to eat. I have everything back in the kitchen where it belongs..no more going searching through 2 rooms to find things!

Have a nice eveinng..oh..and I am making a trip to the grocery store tomorrow to get some peppermint ice cream..and hot fudge sauce, lol!

Greetings one & all, hope you are having a good evening.

Lynn - glad you got your floors done and are getting the quote for your doors. It's nice to get stuff accomplished, I remember when we finally got around to getting our front door replaced, I was so glad to get that chore done!

So every year my husband tries to watch as many versions of Christmas Carol as he can. We have had our supper (leftover pulled pork that was in the freezer), turned on the Christmas lights over the mantle and decided to start with Muppets Christmas Carol as our first Carol version this season.

I've got a full day of shopping ahead of me tomorrow, Christmas shopping first and then a spot of grocery shopping afterwards. I've taken a small roasts & some flake steak out of the freezer, I'[m going to crock pot them with barbacoa sauce for tacos/taco salads tomorrow night. Sunday night/aka a few big football games my husband will be watching night- will be freezer roulette. I've got a few items that I have just a few here and there of so I'll make those up and get the done with.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone -

Lynn and everyone else, please enjoy peppermint ice cream for me! :) Hooray your floors look so nice Lynn and hooray for the discount, too! So glad you are pleased with the work done, my friend.

Enjoy your movie, Easyas! I hope all your shopping will get done easily and quickly tomorrow. I do miss being able to do some in person Christmas shopping.

It's a real cool night here. No snail mail yet. Maybe later. Be cozy all and enjoy a good movie and book tonight :)

This is my go-to when I buy Peppermint Stick. Yum. (My sister worked at Brigham’s all through HS.)

The yogurt place I mentioned the other day has a nice smooth yogurt, with no hard pieces of peppermint. (I imagine you would have trouble with those, Mona, with your TMJ!)

I gave some dark chocolate and peppermint bark to my hairdresser today along with her card and Christmas tip. She loved it! It is nice to have a fresh haircut, it was getting long - I felt like Bozo when I woke up the other morning! :rotfl2:

I also bought some peppermint mocha from Aldi’s (did you see it, Lynn?), I think it’s the same thing they put in coffee at Dunkin Donuts (which I ask for a small squirt of in my iced coffee). Will try it and may wind up bringing it into work as a pick me up mid-shift with a pot of coffee.

It’s nice to have a weekend off. We’re going to ramp up the decorating, take inventory of the gifts we’ve bought, and take our SIL (who lost her husband) out to dinner, it‘s the big anniversary this weekend of when we all had our first date two days apart 40 years ago!

Thinking of Snowysmom tonight and hope she’s doing ok in the house. Glad you got your floors done, Lynn. Hope Bingo is doing ok. Dazed, sorry to hear about your cousin. Hugs to everyone. 🐥 Enjoy your peppermint treats, all!

Good morning all. Going to be another sunny mid 50's day today, we'll take it! Stepson got here around 7, and Summer came over with one of our granddaughters who we haven't seen in awhile. Luke and Summer took the heavy old coffeetable outside and put it in the corner of the garden. She said her oldest son might want it , so I put a tarp over it. Luke is going to put the new tabke together today. He has to go deliver some of his paintings and prints to people who ordered them. We found the older son is in New Foundland. He went on Wednesday and will come home tomorrow..sounds like an awfully long trip for a few days?

I managed to get most of our Christmas cards written and addressed while they were doing the floor yesterday, so that's one more thing off the 'to do ' listf4660a0a92eadf0272c7bc4680ed3219.jpg

I am going to make a cherry cream cheese pie for dessert tonite, and do a load of laundry. As soon as the table is together, I can finally put our small tree up and be done with decorating. I have never not had the tree up by Dec 1, and it's driving me nuts, lol

Have a lovely morning everyone!

Stepson may be sorry he stayed here instead of a hotel..lol..The coffee table is put together, both night stands are put together and the old stuff put in the cellar for now. They are having a discussion about whether to get the Crabby Larry pizza for lunch or dinner..I said just order me a chicken parmigiana sub..I will get at least 2 meals out of it. Haven't seen the floor guy, who was supposed to be here at 10..if not here by 11:30 am texting him. Not sitting around all day waiting for him to not show up :(

Good Morning Friends,

Today and tomorrow, Target (Go to Target.com and save the offer to your Target Circle account) is offering 10% off Target store gift cards. Just to Target no third party).

:hug: and thank you for thinking of me, Pea, so glad you have the weekend off, my friend, yay! You're right that smooth ice cream or frozen yogurt works best for me. Nothing hard or chewy inside. How sweet of you to give a gift to your hairdresser :) Have fun decorating. I would enjoy as always seeing some pictures of your and, of course, other Quacker family's decorations.

:hug: to you as well, Lynn, always. So glad you got to see some extra family. Writing out Christmas cards can take time for sure but I always enjoy doing so. I hope you did, too, my friend. Thank you for spreading extra joy that way to many. I am hoping dad will come home with a small potted tree from Pavilions either tomorrow or Monday when he next goes their. I will need mini ornaments for it. I still need to get stuff up on my blank green walls! Looks so bare in the bedroom other than, of course, my creche. I know eventually a 2022 wall calendar that I have already will be a start. I sure hope the floor guy does show up!

You are lovely, PollyannaMom! Thank you for caring so much for your cats and humans, too, of course! Enjoy your Christmas movie, my friend:hug:

Also praying for AuntieMe3 and Snowysmom, extra!

love to all of you and Happy Saturday!

Back from church where I did my altar guild duty. My friend was doing communion set up and hadn't done since before the pandemic so we met so I could help her if she needed it. (She did fine.) Then we went to a local coffee shop and had tea and caught up on life and grandkids. It was fun.

Heading down to camp about 4 for the drive through light display. @easyas123, maybe I'll see you but how will I know? We will probably be in a blue Honda CRV. And we have to meet up with DD at some point. Her kids coats got left here last night and I need to return them. (They have other coats and don't wear them in the car seat.)

How was Hope at Christmas?
I enjoyed it. Can't remember it now but it was pleasant.

I hope your haircut goes well.
Thanks. It was nice. My hairdresser's client before me had similar hair and left with it wavy. I asked my stylist if my hair would do that. So, she curled it and I have wavy hair for the first time in decades. Had to find my curling iron so I can try to recreate.

We had fun with the grandkids last night. I have a "talking" wreath. It has a motion sensor that cause the wreath to open eyes and mouth and sing a Christmas song. It was my mom's. We hung it up and Carter especially liked it. My mother would love to know that they were enjoying it. Here is a youtube of one like it.

@lynxstch, glad the floor is done.

I am sad. I lost another one of my furbabies..one of the outside ones. There were 3 brothers..all long haired..one gray one we called Teddy, a black with white one we called Trouble, and the white and black one we called Monkey. The other 2 got hit by cars about 5 years ago. At one time Monkey was an indoor cat, but he kept sneaking outside, so I just let him go out, since that's where he came from and obviously where he was happy and where he wanted to be. He was here all week, every morning he was the first one to be sitting out there waiting for food, and at night he was the last to leave. He tried to come in the house a couple of times, but I put him back out..now I know why. I guess he wanted to be somewhere familiar and around people he knew , and that he knew it was his time. .and then I hadn't seen him since Thursday. I had a sinking feeling and took the lattice work off the side of the front porch and looked in the boxes I have set up under them to keep them warm in the winter. I found Monkey gone in the second box. Now he's buried with his brothers and they are all together again. It's hard losing a furbaby, even when it was an outside one. :(
He used to be such a beautiful cat,,but then he stopped cleaning his fur and it got all matted and dirty. ..this is him in his better days..looking like a lawn statue..

monkey the lawn statue May  2018.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter