Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

I was doing telehealth mostly last year. Since I am type 2 diabetic, doc wants to see me every so often, so when I hadn't made an appointment in a while, they called me and set up the visit. I would be happy to do this all the time, if I could get away with it and if my health didn't suffer! But, and I may have this wrong, in Maryland they can do two telehealth and then you have to actually be seen.

But so freeing not to have to leave home but still 'see' my doctor.

I am in MD also, and I'm pretty sure you are correct. Husband had 2 telehealth visits and then one Dr insisted that he had to be seen in person.

That's interesting - do you know is that two visits for the same issue/reason? Or two in a calendar year? Or two from the same provider? I'll have to remember to ask my Dr. about that in case it comes up again.

I think it was 2 and then you had to see a doctor in person. But, I may be completely confused on this.

QOTD Mix and Match of ornaments many which are themed and many that have sentimental value. Not that I have been allowed to have a tree up since 2016 when the artificial tree that I got from my parents as they were going to a prelighted one in 2009. Considering that tree was one my parents got when I was in high school so late 80s it had seen better days.

Not that I have been allowed to have a tree up since 2016
What??? How is it you aren’t allowed?
Sorry, don’t mean to be that insensitive….
It’s just “allowed “ is anathema to me in terms of my home-

husband made dinner this evening, and I’ve decamped to the couch with the heating pad & heated blanket as I’ve got a lovely kidney infection that is giving me fits. Hopefully I’ll be feeling better in 24 hours or so.

husband made dinner this evening, and I’ve decamped to the couch with the heating pad & heated blanket as I’ve got a lovely kidney infection that is giving me fits. Hopefully I’ll be feeling better in 24 hours or so.

I was thinking the same thing!!

And I hope you're feeling better soon!

I had the same thoughts about 'not being allowed'
Hope you feel better soon!

QOTD Mix and Match of ornaments many which are themed and many that have sentimental value. Not that I have been allowed to have a tree up since 2016 when the artificial tree that I got from my parents as they were going to a prelighted one in 2009. Considering that tree was one my parents got when I was in high school so late 80s it had seen better days.

Is there a word missing here which might explain this a bit?

Did something happen to the passed down tree in 2016?

QOTD - I've gotten a little crazy with Xmas decor at times. But my tree will be a hodge podge of memories, with the addition of one new ornament my son and wife brought back from their Hawaii honeymoon for me.

Good snowy morning all. There is a light dusting of snow on the ground and car this morning. It better disappear fast! They say we are going to be 65 on Saturday!

I took the trash down to the street, and we are going grocery shopping later this morning. Just waiting for the floor guy to reply to my text and tell me if the part for his truck came in yet.

Will be back later to report on how empty the store shelves are and how much the prices have gone up since last week, lol

Have a nice morning everyone

99d38b83e0e9eea650b2fd8be1b1219e.jpg

Good morning.

I'm in need of prayers and good vibes today. Monday when ds3 got home from work, he said that his pillow was wet. It rained really hard Monday morning. He climbed in the attic and used some FlexSeal in the attic where the water dripped in. Well this morning, he was awakened by falling drywall. A corner of his ceiling fell in. I'm guessing that's where the water dripped in. I have a roofer coming over today, and ds2 is on his way over to see what he can do about the ceiling. I have no idea how much this is going to cost me. It just really sucks because I was saving to go on a trip next November with all the kids and I don't see how that's going to happen if I have to use what I've saved to fix this problem. My roof was replaced in 2014 so not sure what's going on with it. I just feel like every time I get a step ahead, I have to take 3 steps backwards. :confused:

I did exactly what I said I was going to do yesterday after work. Went home, got in my pj's and watched TV. I made a bag of the Birdseye BBQ Cauliflower Wings. They weren't bad but it wasn't near enough for 2 people so I brought it for lunch today and just made dinner for me and ds3. :happytv:

I'm supposed to meet a friend for dinner tonight. We've been friends since kindergarten but haven't seen each other in years. I was really looking forward to it but depending on what happens today with the roof and ceiling, I don't know if I'll have to cancel. I hope not.

Well my post is pretty depressing so I'll stop here. Hope everyone has a better day than I'm having so far :(.

Good morning.

I'm in need of prayers and good vibes today. Monday when ds3 got home from work, he said that his pillow was wet. It rained really hard Monday morning. He climbed in the attic and used some FlexSeal in the attic where the water dripped in. Well this morning, he was awakened by falling drywall. A corner of his ceiling fell in. I'm guessing that's where the water dripped in. I have a roofer coming over today, and ds2 is on his way over to see what he can do about the ceiling. I have no idea how much this is going to cost me. It just really sucks because I was saving to go on a trip next November with all the kids and I don't see how that's going to happen if I have to use what I've saved to fix this problem. My roof was replaced in 2014 so not sure what's going on with it. I just feel like every time I get a step ahead, I have to take 3 steps backwards. :confused:

I did exactly what I said I was going to do yesterday after work. Went home, got in my pj's and watched TV. I made a bag of the Birdseye BBQ Cauliflower Wings. They weren't bad but it wasn't near enough for 2 people so I brought it for lunch today and just made dinner for me and ds3. :happytv:

I'm supposed to meet a friend for dinner tonight. We've been friends since kindergarten but haven't seen each other in years. I was really looking forward to it but depending on what happens today with the roof and ceiling, I don't know if I'll have to cancel. I hope not.

Well my post is pretty depressing so I'll stop here. Hope everyone has a better day than I'm having so far :(.

Yikes on your roof! With a 2014 replacement I'd be calling around to the contractor, to find my warranty, to my insurance, if there was any weather event that may have damaged it.

I replaced my roof in either 2018 or 2019 (sorry - dates are blurring) and it's a 30 year architectural Timberland shingles, which means my contractor warranty is expired after 1 year, but the shingle warranty is not. So, if the shingle failed it's Timberland, if it was installed correctly.

A roof should not be failing by itself in 7 years. But it definitely can get complicated when it does.

I also had to change an existing roof design in 2010 or so to stop a leak that persisted over years. The area was 'covered up' when I purchased but it didn't take long for the problem to manifest. I redid that section 3 times after I bought, including a full roof replacement in 1998, using a weekend guy who worked for a roofing company, so no warranties except he tried to fix it for me, but each time it still cost money.

Made sure I went with a reputable company the last time, and paid plenty, but did get estimates and I'm so far pleased. Fingers crossed and hope you are able to resolve to stay dry.

Yikes on your roof! With a 2014 replacement I'd be calling around to the contractor, to find my warranty, to my insurance, if there was any weather event that may have damaged it.
I have a roofer coming over today

Yikes, I hope you get a budget friendly quote footballmouse! I think Judique makes a good point about avenues to explore.

Good morning everyone -
not much going on, same old same old.

I tried contacting the roofing company that I used in 2014 back in the summer for a different issue. The owner said that the job wasn't big enough for the company so he gave it to my nephew (he works for the company as a roofing foreman) as a side job so the company is no longer responsible. I tried calling my nephew over the summer and he won't return my calls. This was all news to me, I was under the impression that the company did the work. I'm going to try to contact the insurance company I had back in 2014 and see if they can go back and see how much they paid out for the roof. Then I'll contact the bank and see if they can go back and see who a check was written to for that amount. Not sure if any of this is going to get me anywhere but I'm mad as hell at the roofing company and my nephew.

Good morning.

I have discovered the best time for me to watch a Hallmark Christmas movie is 8-10 am. Not much else on but news. And I am making breakfast, cleaning up the kitchen and emptying the dishwasher, and easing into the day. Today is Nantucket Noel. The listing looked familiar so I investigated and it is based on a book I read 2 years ago. It is typical Hallmark and pleasant to watch.

@footballmouse, what a pain in the butt. Good luck!

I'll check back later.

Good morning, all ~

No big plans for today - Christmas cards and Hallmark movies.

Yesterday, I finally managed to recycle a couple of empty helium tanks we've had in our tool room for ages. (I found a scrap metal place a couple of towns over that would take them. - They were very nice!) DH and I hope to really clean out and organize that room when he has time off work after Christmas, so I'm trying to make dents where I can now.

I hope the roof repairs aren't too bad, @footballmouse!

@footballmouse, sending thoughts and prayers for a reasonable roof fix. Do you have access to home equity that you could use instead of cash for your vacation? (Just a thought, and not saying it’s the smartest financial move - just one option. These days, vacations are important, too.) Is it possible the roofing company misrepresented what they were doing back in 2014? Try to read back on your paperwork to see.

@Snowysmom, my SIL is doing similarly to you. She’s very sad, and working her way through the grieving process. She is trying to get her house in order, too, but has seen a financial planner who has taken some of the stress off. Mainly, I think this holiday period is really hard, but she has her kids and grandkids to keep her busy, and she is still working, which is bittersweet, as well. I feel like she’s done a great job getting through the past six months. She has joined a “loss of spouse“ group which I think is online and that’s been helpful, too. Thanks for asking. We love her dearly so it is hard to see her going through so much. She has had numerous losses prior to this, and this one was never expected.

Thanks to those who shared their own stories of the spirits of loved ones around us. I think we don’t always recognize for what they are.
I decided to see what song was playing on Chris' preset station. The song that was just beginning started out, Better Days are Coming, even though you are in pain and hurting now, the rain will stop, and better days are coming. Then the song went on to say Some day we will dance together in the sun. And it repeated a few times. I just listened to the song and cried. I don't believe in coincidences so I know Chris was with me and telling me that things will get better.
Love that! It was definitely meant to be! It’s good that you can recognize these as signs. I am going to PM you.

Well, DD and I went to Chik Fil A yesterday and look what happened!

9E5DCC5A-40F8-4472-8455-4171D7700B01.jpeg

Today I have some work to do from home but this afternoon DH and I hope to finish our decorating. Tomorrow I will dive into my gifts to finish those up, and I will likely do our cards this weekend, then I’ll try to sit back and enjoy the season more. Have a good day, everyone! 🐥

All errands and grocery shopping done. Aldi's had empty registers by the time I finished shopping. Walmart was busy, but almost every U Scan was empty and they only had 1 register with a cashier open. Prices are up again, some shelves are empty again.

I had a talk with the Coke guy in the soda row. Noone can seem to explain why there is coke, diet coke, coke zero, sprite etc..but no cherry coke. He said its a shortage of aluminum to make the cans and C02? Then how are they making all of the other flavors, and why is the Pepsi row almost always full of everything? Makes no sense to me.

Stopped at Kohls to do an Amazon return, and then, for the first time ever, our car showed a low tire pressure alert. I guess between sitting for a few month and the cold weather..they had gone down. We stopped at Sheetz, but their machine was broken (big surprise, not), and then to Loves Travel Stop,,where 5 minutes of air costs $2?? Air is free,,why do we have to pay for it? I did because we were low,,all 4 tires showed 22 lbs,,so I added air and brought them up to the 35 they are supposed to be.

On Monday, for my one month follow up , I am going to ask the structural/Interventional/cardiologist who worked on me, (the very cute one, lol), if I can drop the Eliquis down to once a day, I keep getting slight nosebleeds if I go outside when it's cold out, and got one while bending down this morning putting air in the tires. I can't go through the whole winter like this :( Thankfully nothing like the gushing one I had the first time, but I still don't want it to keep happening. I also have an appt with my new PCP on Monday.

Mr L is taking a nap,,its gray and chilly outside. Think I am going to make a cup of hot cocoa (with marshmallow fluff in it), and finish a Hallmark movie.

Have a nice rest of the day all

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter