Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Peppermint sugar cookies sound interesting, PollyannaMom! I hope you enjoy them. :hug:So glad your kitties did well!

Pouring here now. Dad has to briefly go out later to deliver a friend a couple Christmas gifts. Otherwise, as he just said, great day to stay inside!

I still would appreciate a cute Happy New Year picture idea :)

Keep dry everyone and have a good rest of the afternoon!

Easyas, sure hope you and your DH are continuing to feel better!

Last edited:
hi all, we are still holding down the fort here! I'm feeling better, husband has had some residual lung issues, but he saw the Dr. today and got loaded up on steroids and whatnot to help take care of it.

Eldest & his girlfriend tested positive today. He says he feels like a "old man" with all the aches & pains Hoping they get thru it in 24-36 hours like a lot of the younger adults are.

I'm making cookies tomorrow. Come hell or high water...I've got to inject some Christmas into this joint somehow/someway! Turkey soup for dinner tonight. We've been in this house since a week ago this Sunday or Monday last. Luckily we are still talking to each other ::yes:: . Our Christmas Eve and Christmas Day plans are totally scuttled BUT hey- we are all still here so we are trying not to complain and instead count our lucky stars.

Contemplating a triple chocolate cake with a peanut butter filling and chocolate ganache. Husband thinking of making a loaf french bread. Neither of us have made either before, so that should tell you how bored we are!

Sorry to hear about your family's bout with testing positive. This morning I woke up to a text message from my son with a picture of his covid test results. No glasses on so couldn't see it and then when I could see it I wasn't sure what I was looking at.

Someone in his lab tested positive and he (and others) were sent home and to get tested. He and his wife both tested negative, but I had an hour of crazy thoughts before I talked to him and got the story. Meanwhile my good friend and old coworker, we are both retired now, also had to go get tested because him and his buddies got together to watch a game and a couple of the hosts friends came, that he and the other 3 guys didn't know. So far, 3 of the group of 7 have tested positive. Not my friend, however.

All are vaxxed and boosted but this is such a nuisance along with the possibility of illness.

DD is back home since late last night. She's doing okay, so the girls went home. It will take me a day to get my strength back from enjoying them.

Worked in the office a little and then declared it closed for Christmas. I have a few things to get in the mail that are not Christmas related so I'll need to make a trip to the post office outside mailbox tomorrow.

Dinner tonight was tacos or taco salad, whichever was preferred.

DD and I sorted the presents under the tree after the kids fell asleep. Some we'll open Christmas Day and others we'll open on Sunday with DS and fiance.

Lou Lou asks me every day if it's Christmas yet. I know that she has a slight grasp on Santa but still doesn't quite understand. The GK's have enjoyed the Elf, whom they have named Spidy this year. DD doesn't do anything fancy, just moves him around the room each night. Doesn't take much to make them happy.

I had a long week. 🤕 DD was ill, starting on Monday afternoon. GI. We thought it was a simple thing, but she got sicker as the days went on. Wound up in Urgent Care at our medical group’s office yesterday. Wasn’t super confident with their treatment or diagnosis, plus she was looking worse and worse, so I took her to the ER last night. Was there all night in the waiting room as I couldn’t go out back with her due to Covid restrictions. They gave her two liters of IV fluid as she was super dehydrated, and thankfully, wound up doing an abdominal CT scan. They called me back to hear results. I won’t lie, I was praying nothing was seriously wrong, as some of her test results were concerning. Turns out she has a weird thing I’m unfamiliar with. But it was good to get a diagnosis. (Urgent Care way off.) They are seeing it sometimes in mainly children who’ve had Covid, so they tested her up the ying yang (both at urgent care and in the ER) and everything came up negative. But working in a hospital, who knows what you can pick up, not just from patients and other staff, but even in a bathroom. Thankfully nothing too serious, and it should resolve in a few weeks. She slept most of today and is finally feeling a little better tonight. Was able to eat and drink a bit, finally, too.

Was very glad to be able to be there for her, but needless to say, it threw off my week! Was glad I’d taken that vacation day a couple of weeks ago to get everything done. DH and I went grocery shopping this morning on our way home from hospital (he met us and we switched cars so DD drove herself the mile home) and got mostly everything we need. Put things away, emptied dishwasher, and slept for a while myself. Then got up for dinner, vacuumed, did laundry and wrapped a couple of last minute things. DH made two cakes (chocolate fudge with peppermint icing) and he’s making meatballs and sausages tomorrow morning. We decided instead of a roast for our Christmas meal (which will be Sunday since three of us are working) we’d keep things simple and do manicotti and meatballs/sausage (that DH will also take to his family’s house tomorrow) and salad, etc. The one thing I wanted to do - some bark to put in bags for family and coworkers - I didn’t have the wherewithall to shop for this morning, so I’m skipping it, but it’s fine. I’ll do some maybe for New Year’s, Valentine’s Day, St Patrick’s Day, or save it for next Christmas, lol.

I am sorry to hear of the difficulty others’ are experiencing this week, and hope things begin looking up. Easyas :flower3:Enjoyed the WH pictures, Carol! Auntie, Aldi’s sells no name Rice Krispies, do you have one near you? Scratches to Bingo! 🐾 I had another interview this week for a dog, but someone was ahead of me. Applied for another dog this morning, we‘ll see what happens… Mona, will give some thought to your New Year’s request. Footballmouse, you reminded me of my Team Mom years, thanks for the smile. Miss those days! (I was remembering the day I got yelled at by the new coach for giving Munchkins to the boys when they’d asked me to get some as I was leaving for a coffee run. 🤣 ) Snowysmom :hug: Sitting here with DD, we’re both awake now since we were up all night last night and slept during the day!

Have a joyous holiday, everyone! 🎄🐥

Good Christmas Eve morning.

Today looks like Christmas here. DS and DDIL came last night. We drove out to Herrs to see the lights and get a ride in DS’s new car. Then put gifts for everyone except DH under tree.

Today DD and family are coming about 9:30 for gift exchange and lunch. I have meatballs ready for the crockpot and broccoli apple salad made. Cookies for dessert. 4 pm is the Family service at church and DH and I will go again at 9. DS still waiting to hear if he will have leave tomorrow.

Pea, sorry to hear DD is sick.

I wish all of you, my friends, a blessed Christmas.

Merry Christmas Eve morning to all. We had some lovely winter weather overnite, with light freezing rain. Roads must have been getting slippery, as the plow/sand/salt trucks went by a few times. Going to be at least 55 today, so it will be more like early Spring, lol

We traditionally have a buffet style dinner on Christmas Eve, so I am getting that started. Boiled the eggs for devilled eggs, baked the potatoes for loaded potato skins, defrosted the shrimp and will bake brownies as soon as I finish this. Also having garlic bologna, cheese, crackers, and fruit.

Stepdaughter is supposed to bring all 4 of her kids over sometime this afternoon, so that will be a nice gift for Mr L, since he doesn't know about it

I hope everyone who is ill feels better,,prayers for your daughter @Pea-n-Me. Hope she recovers quickly!

I wish everyone a Christmas Eve filled with peace, love, joy, and happiness

R (5).jpg

Many prayers and extra love dear Pea! Thank you so much for especially in the midst of all you have been dealing with thinking about my picture request, such a minor thing! We found our picture which I attached below. It's already framed and looks cheerful. This afternoon, we will change our wall decorations and tablecloth. I'll take a picture.

:hug:Easyas, thank you for stopping by! Please keep feeling better.

Love the Pooh picture, Lynn!

Much extra peace, joy, and love to all of you dear friends. I pray those of you who are able get to church tonight. And those like me, who aren't, worship and rejoice extra at home. Know you are so loved and by me, too! :grouphug:

Attachments

• Happy New Year Flowers.jpg
    Happy New Year Flowers.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 6
Merry Christmas Eve to all Quackers! I can hardly believe that tomorrow is Christmas. I still have plenty to do today but, I’m doing so with a much more relaxed and grateful heart than I had yesterday. It’s been a busy few days and lots of ”ick” going around. Thankfully we all seem to be healthy and will be able to attend Christmas events tomorrow. We may attend church tonight, but have not decided for sure. I’m still struggling with our pastor and the time of the service interferes with some of our other evening plans. We sometimes attend the church my husband grew up in and where we were married, so I’m going to look and see what time their service is. If nothing else,we, they livestream theirs, so we can watch it at home.
Sending extra prayers and hugs to all of those who are dealing with their own illness or illness of loved ones. Also to those of you who are struggling with the loss of a loved one and will be celebrating this first Christmas without them. My grandma has been gone a long long while and I still miss her terribly during the Christmas season.
We are overall beyond blessed and I am thankful for all we have and are able to share with others.
Have a wonderful Christmas all. I’m off to food prep and finish wrapping gifts.

Tom has a cousin, and her daughter works in a hospital in Maine. We will all take a home test, thankfully his cousin bought home tests for everyone, and if all is good, they will travel from Trenton NJ to Cape May NJ on Sunday.

As it worked out my sister was in Trenton today to pick up the tests! She will bring ours to us tomorrow.

Tom only has cousins as far as relatives who keep in touch. If it happens that we see these two, it will be extra special! The daughter, Katie, is working during a gap year in her studies to become a doctor.

A card came from Polish relatives of my Grandmother today and I used an on line translator to see that Holiday wishes and prayers for health and peace is universal. Someday, I hope to meet these family members, but realistically, I am not sure it will happen.

Last edited:
Well Christmas plans around here are changing and here is why

Special Weather Statement issued December 24 at 12:49PM MST by NWS Billings

DH also didn't get his dad called about us stopping in for a while before 16 year old had to go to work so right now I am waiting for 16 year old to come upstairs so that we can print out 2 similiar items that she and I were trying to decide between for DH so she can take them and wrap them up in a nice box and he is going to have to decide between them which one he wants. I am thinking that since it is already 2 and she has to be at work at 4 that we are going to just end up ordering something and DH either picking it up when he is still in town from dropping her off after he makes a couple of other stops including at the health food store to get my thyroid herbal or will go in early if needed and pick up the food before picking her up. I am debating between Olive Garden which closes at 8 tonight or the Chinese Resturant that 16 year old is a hostess at-in which case we can place the order for pickup at the time that she gets off work. Another reason I am waiting for her to come upstairs and help with a few things. The other alternative is getting Papa Murphys pizza and just taking that out about 8 and then starting to cook them about 9 so all of them are cooked hopefully by the time that DH and 16 year old get home.
With the roads being as slick as they are (we had snow mixed with rain overnight and then it has froze so it's an ice skating rink out there) DH and I don't like to take 14 year old out as if something happens she gets upset and she is also not good at following directions.

Stepdaughter is on the way over with all 4 kids. First time in forever that we will see all 4 of them together,,even though they live 15 min away. The 2 oldest boys both have jobs (21 and 17) and the girls are busy with sports. Usually one of them is missing everytime we see them. Mr L's oldest son called last nite, he was on the way to the other sons house for dinner. He has today off but has to work tomorrow. I just don't see a seafood restaurant in Ocean City being open on Christmas Day, but he says its their busiest non season weekend of the year. But he has 3 bartenders and 2 waitresses out with positive covid tests, so everyone is being extra careful

@sweetpeama I hope your weather forecast is wrong!

Western MD and we got to 65 degrees today!

Merry Christmas Eve to all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter