Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

I posted this on the wrong thread. My mind is elsewhere!

Merry Xmas Eve to all!!

Last minute shopping at Costco this morning: I find a cute Baby Emma doll with outfit and bed and 'stuff' for 20.99. Bought one and a play tent. Already have other toys and gifts.

So, turns out both grands wanted this doll when they saw it in store. So, back to Costco I go, but sold out! I'll have to use the dreaded 'share' word. They are pretty good at sharing but sometimes they want the same things at the same time.

Later DD calls me back and she had gotten a call that youngest grand had been exposed to a preschool teacher who tested positive. Granddaughter woke up this morning feeling a little sick. I had them both overnight while DD was in hospital on Wednesday night, had picked them up early Wed morning. She had been to preschool (private church based) on Monday and Tuesday.

DD took her for a test and will get results late tonight, but, the statement was, she's already showing symptoms. She will be 5 in January so no vaccine yet. So prayers that this doesn't affect her too much and that we all don't come down with it. DD is quarantining with them and won't be coming here as planned tomorrow.

Sorry to burden you all with this story, but it's been sort of a rough week for DD's family, and of course, we feel for them as they are family.

Stepdaughter is on the way over with all 4 kids. First time in forever that we will see all 4 of them together,,even though they live 15 min away. The 2 oldest boys both have jobs (21 and 17) and the girls are busy with sports. Usually one of them is missing everytime we see them. Mr L's oldest son called last nite, he was on the way to the other sons house for dinner. He has today off but has to work tomorrow. I just don't see a seafood restaurant in Ocean City being open on Christmas Day, but he says its their busiest non season weekend of the year. But he has 3 bartenders and 2 waitresses out with positive covid tests, so everyone is being extra careful

@sweetpeama I hope your weather forecast is wrong!

Western MD and we got to 65 degrees today!

Merry Christmas Eve to all!

I had planned to go to Blackwater Refuge and Ocean City. But, now, I'm waiting to hear test results, so have decided to stay put here.

I often have gone in winter as a getaway and you are right, not much dining open. But there are some places that stay open and do some business. I usually stay at either the Hyatt or the Courtyard or the Holiday Inn and Suites all between 14 and 17th streets.

I'm the person walking the beach in the wind and the cold wrapped from head to toe, but I'm definitely getting softer as I get older. I don't like the cold anymore, but if I wrap up tight enough I can manage it.

My Christmas plans have changed. We were going to go to younger DS's house for brunch and then I was going to go to DDIL parents house with them. Then I was going to stay at younger DS's for the night. Unfortunately younger DS has tested positive for covid. No symptoms but he and DDIL went to a wedding last weekend. DDIL was a bridesmaid. So far many people who attended the wedding have covid. DDIL and 3 grandkids are negative. DDIL got her booster about 3 weeks before the wedding whereas DS got the booster about 7 days before the wedding. That made all the difference. He is quarantined in the master suite on the 3rd floor. So tomorrow we are doing brunch at older DS's house, I am driving my gifts, a quiche. cookies, and fruit salad to younger DS's and leaving it all on their porch. Then I go back to older DS's house to an empty house. They will be with with Older DDIL's family. I was invited but I am not comfortable with such a large group of very gregarious people. I am definitely out of place there. I will watch Hallmark movies, have a glass of wine, and have something to eat.

Merry Christmas to all and hope you have a lovely day.

Weather is already starting to come down. I can't even see across the highway which the edge closest to us is 1/10 of a mile. I was able to see a vehicle driving past on our side of the road. This was about 3:30
When I had called16 year old's phone to see if she could ask DH what he wanted from Olive Garden he said he didn't want anything. The reason is our next paycheck is going to be a short one because this week that is finishing up is just a vacation week and he will only have one week on the paycheck and it will be a short one since they won't work the extra day on Friday. Never mind that he will get a 2nd check with 7 days of vacation that he did not use plus 2 holidays will be on the 1st check and I am not sure if he will get a third for some sick days that he did not use or if they will continue to allow them to accure higher than before. We ended up going with making premade pizzas using the little 2 serving crusts we had (6 total crusts) on hand and browning some burger we had in the freezer. DH did 2 crusts up for the 3 of us and we will make more when 16 year old gets home from work. Not sure if we are opening gifts still tonight or if we are opening tomorrow between breakfast and presents at my folks and dinner as we will come home during the 4.5/5 hours. A lot is going to depend on how tired I am and stuff. If I am tired I will just go to sleep. We have to be over to my parents house at 9 which means we will head out around 8:50 or a few minutes later as it shouldn't take long to make the short drive from one house to the other as we don't have to leave the property. We can actually walk the distance but we never do for Christmas as we have to get presents to and from so it is easier to drive over.

Spent some time with DS before he was off to see his friends, and am now watching "The Bells of St. Mary's with DH.
Love that movie, haven't seen it in a long time.

I woke up this morning feeling like Eeyore. Somewhere between last week and this morning I lost my Christmas spirit. Cleaned house with DD. Then she took the GK's to see a movie with boyfriend so had some time to myself this afternoon. About 6:00 we left to go look at Christmas lights. Somewhere out there in the night, listening to the GK's ooh and ahh over the displays my Christmas spirit came back.

For dinner we stopped at IHOP for pancakes. It wasn't crowded but the kitchen was backed up with all the to go orders they were receiving. GK's were good so it wasn't too bad to sit there. Enjoyed my create your own omelette. DD caught the bill and the three of us pooled our money to gift the waitress a sizable tip and told her Merry Christmas.

We came home to get ready for Santa. GK's had their baths, milk, cookies and carrots for the reindeer were put out. Then we settled down to watch Polar Express. Both kids were asleep by the end.

Stockings are filled and Elf is put away until next year. DD is in the garage assembling Lou Lou's kitchen. Lil Joe is getting a remote control monster truck. I'm on guard duty to make sure they don't wake up. Lou Lou tends to switch beds during the night. Once the Santa gifts are ready to put under the tree, DD will join Lou Lou in her bed and I'll bring them in and place them under the tree.

Merry Christmas to you all from my family to yours!633209

Much happier morning as younger DGD is feeling better and both tests for them came back negative. It might be slightly early so we will stay cautious.

I will drive the gifts up later this morning but still no mingling just in case!

Younger DD is very careful and for her, I try to be more careful, but when my other DD and my grands needed me, that goes out the window. But now we can relax a bit but not so much that we will get together.

Merry Christmas to all of you and also enjoy your families and your gifts and dinners together!

Good morning and Merry Christmas to all!

@Judique--I hope noone else gets symptoms, and that the ones who have them , recover quickly

@Breezy_Carol what a beautiful picture!

@sweetpeama--Just be careful in that snowstorm!

@Kirby--great picture,,now we know what you look like! lol

Stepdaughter was here last night with all 4 of our grandkids, and her husband. That is the first time we have seen all of them together in one place since Christmas 2018--they have all grown and changed so much! Had a great time and it really lifted Mr L's spirits..after they left he said ' I didn't realize I had been feeling so down in the dumps, but that took care of it'!

Have a wonderful Christmas all. Off to make a breakfast casserole, then watch the Disney Christmas thing, then White Christmas, then Home Alone!

OIP (1).jpg

Last edited:
Good morning, all!

DH and I are watching "It's a Wonderful Life" and waiting for DS to wake up - such a change from when he was little and would race down the stairs. :santa::bounce::santa::bounce::santa::bounce:

The cats, however, have thoroughly enjoyed their stockings - stuffed their bellies with their favorite treats, battled with the tissue paper, and are both napping. :cat::cat:

If anyone else is getting a security warning message when trying to access the boards, I have messaged 2 webmasters to look into it. I am not the only one getting it. Says their security certificate expired today.
@lynxstch, I get that message also.

I'm getting it also. Not worrying a lot about it as I have no credit cards tied up on the Disboards and every day something is trying to scam on the internet. Just close your windows when you are finished reading or posting. They will probably fix it sooner or later. I've seen the security certificate issue in the past.

This is also the first time I've been able to log on here all day. I did get that error, Lynn.

Merry Christmas with much love to all of you dear Quackers! Prayers you are having a very blessed day. Treasure this time God has given you extra with family both near, far, and even Quackers online. I am so thankful to Him for all.

Beautiful family pictures as always! Thank you all for sharing them always, too.

Carol, loved the children last night. Always fills me with extra joy to hear young voices lifted in praise on Christmas Eve!

Joy to all of you extra this very special day.

Attachments

• Our Christmas table.jpg
    Our Christmas table.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Christmas tree close up.jpg
    Christmas tree close up.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 8
I think most all of the festivities are done. Two church services yesterday and gifts and lunch with both kids and families.

This morning had breakfast with DS and DDIL then they left for her family. We went to DD’s house for a little brunch and to see their tree and the kids. DH and I came home and opened our gifts to each other. Then lunch.

DD and family came here for dinner. There was family drama with DSIL’s family so they didn’t see them at all. I felt bad for DSIL. We had a nice time.

Happy news to share that you probably could figure out from the family picture. DDIL is pregnant. She and DS told us in August but we have kept it under wraps until it was obvious. This is truly a miracle. DDIL has cystic fibrosis and has been advised not to get pregnant because of how it would affect her health. She started a new drug in October 2019 which improved her health so much that her doctors said it was ok to try. This is something that no one expected would happen. She is due in April so please keep her and the baby, a boy, in your prayers.

Great picture Carol! Congratulations to your son and daughter in law.

Mona, your table looks pretty! Love your Christmas tree.

I got the same message too, just checked occasionally today and it was finally fixed.

Today has been pretty quiet. The GK's slept till 8:00. They were very pleased with what Santa brought. We opened a few gifts but left the majority to open tomorrow, that's when we are having our Christmas dinner. DH fixed his breakfast specialty, Taquitos.

DD and kids went over to boyfriend's house for Christmas dinner. DH and I just piddled around the house. He worked out in the yard some, I did a couple loads of laundry, watched DH put together a Lego table for Lil Joe. Then I watched some Blacklist while DH took a nap.

About 6, DD called to say they were on their way home as DH and headed out to see if anything was open. McDonald's and Jack in the Box were a zoo. Denny's and IHOP were open but we really didn't want to eat in. After driving around awhile we headed home, stopping at 7 Eleven for Coke Icees as a treat for us, DD and GK's. Cooked grilled cheese sandwiches and called it a day.

That is really wonderful news, Carol! :goodvibes I can imagine how happy you all are! Will keep in prayers. 🙏

It was fun hearing about how all of you spent your holiday. Thanks for sharing. I’m sorry some were dealing with illness and such. Same here. DD still isn’t much better, and I had to test today between Covid at work and a scratchy throat. 😬 (Negative so far, but taking precautions until a PCR test on Monday.)

Have only opened one present so far and that was from a grab at work. To be honest, I treated myself to a Disney Dooney that I saw for a really great price and I’m anxiously awaiting that to be delivered, lol. 😝 But I’m also excited for everyone to open their presents and see what everyone got everyone else. (I know I have a Disney candle coming from Magic Candle Company from DS as he can never keep a secret, especially when it comes to anything Disney! :laughing: Good because my Balsam one is almost gone.)

It’s funny you should mention It’s A Wonderful Life @PollyannaMom. I saw that saying on an electronic sign over the highway yesterday and it brought tears to my eyes. Further up I saw a billboard that I have never seen before that had a family reference on it, and that got me bawling. It was strange because the other night when I spent the night in the ER I was mindlessly googling at 3am and I came across something related to the same family member I had never seen before, and it sort of blew my mind (in a good way). And then I see this billboard. Weird, but I’ll take it as a good sign.

Unfortunately yesterday one of my patients who I’d gotten to know pretty well was leaving us today to go to into hospice care and wanted to talk about his impending death. Always an interesting conversation. He mentioned that he thinks he actually died on the table several months ago and he began to share some amazing experiences from that (what happened and who he saw - two family members and his dog!) So that brought him peace and hope. We talked about focusing on the positive things in one’s life. It is just such a hard thing to be facing, especially at this time of year. But I was glad I could be there for him as not everyone is comfortable with these types of conversations.

I had a piece of the chocolate peppermint cake tonight and it was very good! :goodvibes Good evening to all Quackers! 🎄🐣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter