Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

I haven't had that spinach salad in forever! We like the blue cheese dressing with it or an italian, although I do enjoy catalina as well. Also sometimes bacon and red onion with the spinach and hard boiled egg.

Yesterday I saw an Eastern Bluebird. It's always nice to see a bird that's not my usual bird feeder variety. I drove over to Point Lookout State Park and enjoyed a walk around with my binoculars and camera in hand. And managed to lose one of my lens covers. Cost me $11 plus tax on Amazon for a replacement last night.

They've been working on the lighthouse and signs say the building will open in late 2022. That was a nice surprise! By now you all may have figured out that I like sand, salt water, birds and nature. When I go to Ocean City, I like to sleep in a clean and up to date hotel, but I love to go to Assateaugue and walk the trails. I also travel down to Chincoteague and look for flying squirrels and foxes as well as shorebirds.

I enjoy a bit of history and to see things brought back to life. I've been visiting Point Lookout for nearly 40 years and have seen so many interesting things, but some may see it differently. It's also one of those little treasures that may not be here for another lifetime as it erodes away from both sides. I feel lucky that I've lived to enjoy it.

Hurricane Isabel took a toll on it and some measures were taken to save the shoreline. They bring in rock and are trying to grow the wild grasses that are natural supporters of the sandy shore. That meant that it was difficult to see what may have been in the little ponds but I did spot a Great Blue Heron and some otters. The binoculars come in handy for actually seeing what I would not see without them. Out in the Bay were a couple of container ships probably heading up to Baltimore. Some other boaters were enjoying the Potomac and someone was also actually out on a Jetski. It was a calm and almost warm day and got to 66 down there in the mid afternoon. Such a gorgeous day!

Good morning.

No plans for today except a few chores. DH had a recall appt at the eye doctor this morning at 8:15. Weather not nice enough for outdoor activities. Watching a Hallmark movie now.

@Judique, DS and DDIL are real bird watchers and have gotten us interested too. On Christmas we saw 3 adult and 1 juvenile bald eagles on the ground on the drive from DD's house to ours in horse country near Chesapeake City. They are very common at the Conowingo Dam in November and December. Last June we took DS and DDIL to Fair Hill Natural Resources Management Area, about 5 miles from us, to see bobolinks.

We really like Chincoteague, stayed at the Refuge Inn last April. Rode bikes, ate oysters. Very nice.

Have a good day everyone.

Good morning all! I'm glad y'all had good holidays! We have been super busy here, lol.

DH picked up the kids at the airport Wed night, and it's just been a madhouse since then. Decorating the tree, last minute shopping, making cookies, and all the other insanity that goes on. DGS#2 got everything his little heart desired. (Remember, the majority of his gifts were unwrapped in Oki at Thanksgiving, so that he could have them for a little bit before they had to be shipped to Cali. Every one else scored some nice things (including DH and myself, who got a Ninja coffee bar, from all 3 of the kids). Got to see DGS#3 and 4 open their gifts from us on Christmas Eve (they split when they open gifts, so we can see them open ours, their other grandparents open theirs, and their GGma too.)

633653 633652

DD's BFF has tested +...had a sore throat and decided to test this am. I woke up with a sore throat, swollen glands on one side and swollen ear on the same side (like back in November, I think it was; was an ear infection caused by trapped water in the eardrum)...I tested -, but will retest in a couple of days, as it's only been 4 days since we've seen them. Hoping it's just another ear infection, as I can feel the water trapped behind the swollen outer ear. I get something like this usually in August, when the pollen counts are higher.

I'm off to go hang out with DGS, while DD and SoiL go car shopping. They want to get their car here in FL and drive it back to Cali.

Plans for today are hide in the house, avoid opening the front door and don't be near the side door when it is opened at any time. It is called surviving the calls for up to negative 30 wind chills in the region that they are calling for through the morning hours unless they update it. Currently we are at negative 7 actual tempature and negative 16 wind chill. This is early for us as these tempatures normally start in late January to early February.
DH has plans to put on his insulated coveralls and ski mask in order to check the water level in the tank so I know if we need to put in an order sometime between tomorrow and Thursday. If it looks like we will run out sometime between Friday and next Monday we will go ahead and get 2K gallons instead of waiting to get the full 4K.
I got woken up this morning in the sweetest way by our one cat who only really likes DH, 16 year old and I are tolerated with my being allowed to give her some pets. She jumped up on me and layed down for some scratches under the chin and behind the ears along with some pets.

Not here..all we have is a pretty good soaking rain!

No snow here either.

We got the dribbling rain. Just enough to turn on the wipers and on intermittent they make the rubbing noise. So, turn on and turn off all the way home. I went to Macy's to check out the Final Act and found some nice sheets.

It's 39 right now but will go into the 50ties tomorrow.

In 3 and 1/2 weeks I'm going back to Hilton Head. Just for a week, but if the weather gets bad here, I may stay longer. I'm using my DVC points and staying in a 1 bedroom at the Disney resort. I will start in a Marriott Resort using some free night certificates that Marriott was nice enough to extend until June. I won't be doing much, but I figure by end of January there may be snow here, but not there.

Good Morning!

Please do stay dry and warm everyone, especially those in extra rain! So far it is dry here today but more rain may be coming. It sure is chilly that's for sure!

Quiet Monday. Grateful once again extra to God that all went well for dad at a doctor's visit. We are just so blessed by His grace and mercy, love.

Good to see you, B&B! thank you for sharing such precious pictures with us.

I hope all went will for your DD Carol and that you are enjoying the movie. I need to finish watching November Christmas later or at least before next November ;)

Keep warm and well Lynn, both you and Mr. L! I hope you also enjoyed your Hallmark movie.

Judique, I am not all that into history but love how you put that you enjoy helping to bring things back to life while giving them new life, too especially, of course, to living animals (and people :)). What wise and caring words! I pray to share this on in ways I am able from home right now.

Sweetpeama, glad you had a surprise and welcomed Good Morning greeting! :)

Snowysmom, prayers you have a peaceful day, my friend.

Hugs and thinking of you dear Pea. I hope you get to enjoy some time off this week.

Prayers for continuing feeling better to all in need! And as always, love to all, too.

Raw and cold here. Overcast this morning when I popped into the office for a bit, and it was snowing when I headed home . Was nice for a few minutes then it turned to sleet and now its just a misty drizzle. Dogs spent the morning going from one fireplace to the other ...they are up in the sitting room with me as they've finally settled on this fireplace! I'm tempted to take a few Christmas decorations down but am holding off for a few days. It was such a odd holiday for us this year and I think my husband would enjoy them for a bit longer.

I'm doing a little on-line flip flop window shopping. I've worn a particular brand/type for years that has been discontinued so I'm checking out a few new brands since I'll need them at the end of January for our Florida trip.

Haven't done much as all today, as I mentioned above I went into the office for about 2 hours and got a few things done Youngest came home for about 24 hours and he's sleeping (works nights at moment), so I'm being lazy and just watching Dr. Who reruns trying to ignore the fact that I have the ingredients to make a brownie hot fudge sundae in the house!

Oh no @PollyannaMom Hope his symptoms are mild and he recovers quickly, also hope no one else tests positive. I just keep hearing about more and more people testing positive lately. My dad had a Dr appt this morning and said the Covid testing line was through the parking lot and down the street...just like last year. 👎

It's been a lazy day today. I woke up when DH and DD were both getting ready for work and then I feel back to sleep until about 9a. I was tired....lol Just lounged around while DD worked, wrapped a couple gifts for friends I won't see for a couple days still and that was pretty much it.

I'm so sorry to hear that, PollyannaMom! Hugs to you and much prayer for your son! Thinking of you, my friend!

Hooray for lazier days, Easyas and AuntieMe3! Both of you have been going through so much that I'm extra glad you had them! :)

Living room is warm from dad cooking in the oven. Freezing air is coming in from the bedroom and back of the apartment. I am so ready for summer! I might have to have a dash more cocoa later tonight.

Please do keep warm everyone and have a good night's rest.

Catching up on a quote I missed.
Yes, they have a pretty large, free drive through light display.

Don‘t you know you never have a fire on Christmas Eve? How will Santa come down the chimney?
Thank you…I will keep in mind for next year! We don’t really know where it is, but I enjoy Herrs products and once I passed a sign saying they gave tours.

Last edited:
@PollyannaMom I hope your son is feeling OK. Thoughts and prayers to him. My younger DS tested positive last week and has no symptoms and feels fine. Hope the same for your DS.

Good morning. 30 degrees here right now. The sun is supposed to come out and it will be in the 40s today. Heat wave!

Off to get ready for work. Have a nice day.

hope your son is feeling OK. Thoughts and prayers to him. My younger DS tested positive last week and has no symptoms and feels fine. Hope the same for your DS.

He's sleeping right now. He feels worse at night - the too hot/then too cold thing that makes it hard to get comfortable, but he wasn't feeling too bad yesterday afternoon, so I hope today is also better.

He had both initial vaccines, but not his booster yet. 🙁

Good morning everyone. @PollyannaMom, I hope your son continues to recover. My stepson had it again for the second time last week, took 3 days and now he feels fine again. This just seems to be never ending :(

Very foggy outside, we have a warning for 'freezing fog', but I just came in from feeding the outdoor cats, and its just plain fog, not doing anything else, temp is 34.

Today is cleaning day,,dusting, vaccuming, washing the kitchen floor, and once again texting the floor guy and asking just exactly when does he plan on finishing the 3 small things the floor has to have done before his job is complete. Son in law said he would finish them, but I am not a fan of the work he does, have seen it done too sloppily too many times. At least these are things that don't really show much, like behind the stove, and by the back door sill, and I can touch up the ends of the trim where he had to cut it flush by the doorway to the dining room. But when you pay someone for a job, you expect it to be done totally :(

Have a great day everyone

e379aae8d9d6f37952cda7212ed0e15d.jpg

@lynxstch, sorry your stepson had it twice! I felt so hopeful in the summer, and have been sad about numbers going back up again.

Sad here too, as now we have to deal with Omicron as well as Covid. I have heard of so many people who have had both vaccines and the booster and still getting it.

And I agree about leaving the finishing touches off jobs being annoying. - It's a pet peeve of mine too!

I just texted him yet again. Said we have sent several texts and gotten no reply. To have the courtesy to reply and tell us WHEN he is coming to finish the job. The answer we get is 'OKAY' , just that word and nothing else. I sent back a reply that said 'okay what? WHEN are you going to come? Still waiting for a reply to that one. Just tired of it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter