Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

The 2 year old son of one of my girls "adopted" big brothers is quite ill at this time and is not doing well. I just got word via facebook from his grandma who is my friend that he keeps getting worse and worse. He stays at home with mama all day who is limiting going out due to not only him but an expected baby next year on the way. None of the adults in the house have been sick that we know of or exposed to covid again that we know of. RSV has been going through our area hitting children around this age including DH's great niece who had it just before Thanksgiving. She celebrated her 1st birthday the end of August. I know that the family would appriciate any and all prayers for him.

Comment posted by the little boys grandma who is a dear sister in the Lord and a wonderful friend about an hour ago.

Thank you prayer warriors so much. I'm praying the antibiotics are kicking in..We serve a mighty God and I speak healing over my grandbaby. He was dedicated back to God and Jesus took the stripes for out precious boy too and we rebuke the enemy In Jesus name I'm gonna believe when morning comes he wakes up healed with no fever or respiratory issues . Amen

We actually met the family when the dad was in 6th grade and they moved here to be childrens and youth ministers in the church we were attending at the time. At that time 16 year old was a little over 3 years old so it will be 14 years come this spring that we have know this particualar family. I know that they do believe in the power of prayer as they even took the time when 16 year olds cat was severely injured to the point where we were looking at having one of his back legs amputated but were told by a different vet at the emergency clinic who happened to recognize him when the tech took him back from when she had worked at our regular vet's office that his life was not in immediate danger and we could just schedule it with our regular office as their rates would be lower. She was one of the people I called to get prayers going at our cat was completely healed and still walks on all 4 paws and jumps, tears through the house and loves to attack his sisters.

Good last Friday morning for 2021. Rained again overnite, again mild temps at almost 50 and going into the 60's again. I went to feed the cats and noticed how green and still growing our lawn is, lol. Definitely not the end of December weather for us in Western MD , but we'll take it!

Today I undecorate the dining room and living room, except for the tree. That and the outside lights will come down tomorrow.

@sweetpeama--prayers sent for your friends son. I too hope is just the RSV and not covid, and that he recovers quickly and fully.

Have a great day everyone.

4bfbbe5a33aa4eb24074697e066c762e.jpg

Good morning, all.

Have been watching a bit of the news (which I generally avoid too much of) and heard about the awful wildfire in Colorado. As if people need more to deal with right now. :sad2:

On a lighter note, if you like home renovation shows, I've discovered a new (to me) one that's quite fun. It's called "Unsellable Houses" and follows a pair of twin sisters who correct problems and stage houses to help people sell them. - It tends to show less demolition and more decorating than some of the other shows, and there are two seasons in the "On Demand" offerings on my cable.

Good New Year's Eve Morning! :jester:

AuntieMe3 - So sorry to hear about Bingo. Just know how happy he was to live with such a caring and loving family. :hug:

Not much going on for me today, working until 7:30 pm. I need to stop at a friend's after work and pick up a block of cream cheese. I mentioned to her yesterday at lunch that I needed cream cheese and the store was out. She said she thought that would happen so she bought extra so she has one that I can have. That crisis diverted. :scared:

Most likely won't be able to stay up until midnight, just not as exciting anymore.

Back to work, hope every one has a great day, a fun night and stay safe! :wave:

Good morning.

I ended up watching Frozen all the way through last night. Need to remember who is Elsa and who is Anna when playing with DGD.

Today leaving about 10:30 to drive down to DS's house. (@easyas123, probably going down the eastern shore and across the Bay Bridge so will wave. Avoiding accident on 97.) Will stop for lunch at CFA on Kent Island or Edgewater. Will visit a while, have dinner, and be home well before midnight. Plan to watch Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper.

I wish everyone a 2022 that is better than 2020 and 2021.

I forgot to say that DH and I both got our COVID test results back - Negative.

Oh, good! Youngest just came home for the duration of his quarantine. Dogs noses are out of joint not being allowed down in the basement with him!

I don't know what he has said to her, but every time I have a conversation with him, he won't talk prices. When I mentioned a figure, he said it was fine. I don't know if he has an issue with it or she does but I am terribly hurt by the conversation with her yesterday

I favor a direct approach, if it was me I'd simply speak with them together, at the same time and ask if they feel the money situation isn't fair and what would be fair, and if he'd like to finish the project or if you should hire someone else. That way there is no confusion on anyones part and everyone knows where they stand.

Sad news to share,

So sorry about your Bingo. Everytime you spoke of him I recalled my parents late dog, also called Bingo.

Happy New Year to all of you! Tomorrow my DS should fly out finally. I pray his flight isn't cancelled again. We'll take him to the airport and then pick up take out on the way home. Then its pj's for me and my chair watching tv.

Hope he made it out okay - your NYE's plans sound similar to mine!

Growing up my mother would iron on Sunday afternoon. She ironed sheets and pillow cases, shirts, some underwear, pants, just about anything.

My grandmother was much like this, I remember her ironing my grandfathers handkerchiefs! I remember sitting with her, she's put on Madam Butterfly or another opera and sometimes she'd let me iron them. The smell of Niagra spray starch takes me back everytime!

is not doing well

Sorry to hear about this, RSV is going around here from what I understand. Small children are resilient, hopefully his body can fight it off.

Good last Friday morning for 2021

Right back at ya!

Today leaving about 10:30 to drive down to DS's house. (@easyas123, probably going down the eastern shore and across the Bay Bridge so will wave. Avoiding accident on 97.) Will stop for lunch at CFA on Kent Island or Edgewater.

I might have passed you - had to head up to Middletown & back. I'll be waving in your direction, may the Traffic Gods shine on you this afternoon & evening. Have fun!

Well good afternoon everyone, and happy New Years Eve. I had a manicure/pedicure appt. earlier today, and treated myself to a spin thru the new car tunnel car wash in town. I'm home now....youngest hunting back here on the farm and husband hunting at one of his other spots. Crab bisque & a salad for dinner. I have a bottle of champagne chilling in the fridge, not sure if I'll enjoy it tonight or tomorrow. NYE isn't a big deal for me/us but I hate to toss away a opportunity to enjoy some champagne! My niece is coming over tomorrow morning to talk logistics and $$ for her stay at our place to dog sit while we head out of town in a few weeks. Then we are considering a movie either Saturday afternoon or Sunday.

I should probably toss a load of laundry in and straighten up a bit around here as I contemplate that champagne conundrum.

@flyingdumbo127 That was so kind and nice. It made my day.

@sweetpeama Sending prayers for the little boy.

I wish everyone a 2022 that is better than 2020 and 2021.
That is for sure. I remember when everyone was saying they couldn't wait for 2021. Well, be careful what you wish for. I am hoping 2022 brings a year of peacefulness, a new chapter in my life, and working through the grieving process to get to a gentler, kinder place where I can think of Chris without crying so much and with more smiles of our memories together. It will take quite a while but maybe by the end of 2022.

I was at the house today cleaning up stuff and beginning to bring bins back to DS's house for storing. The kids need to get the stuff they are saving out of the house too. I am on a mission to get the house to the point that we can have the cleaners in by the end of Jan, the carpet cleaners by mid Feb, and the real estate agent in by the end of Feb or beginning of March. I really feel stuck right now and not able to move forward as long as I have the house to work on and deal with. Once I am settled in my new home I hope to be able to move forward and hopefully be able to integrate the grieving with moving on with the new chapter in my life. And Chris will be there in spirit with me. I need him to guide and help me as I can't do it alone.

Have a nice New Year's Eve and Happy New Year to all. I will be videochatting with my other 3 grandkids either tonight or tomorrow. I love talking with them.

:hug:Thank you Dazed, you're so sweet. It's a blessing to me to try to in a small way bring added faith, love, and, cheer to each of you because all of you truly are so dear to me. I do thank God for making and keeping us a Quacker family!

:grouphug:dear Snowysmom, you know I sure pray that for you, dear friend.

Easyas, glad you're safely home now. Enjoy a quiet night and a visit with your niece tomorrow, too. I do hope you are fully Covid recovered now.

Pea, I hope you're having a good Friday, too.

Extra :grouphug: to AuntieMe3, Kirby, and Taz.

I put away my Nativity until next year. Always a little sad to do that but brings such blessing to I pray carry the added joy of Avent into the new year. I do have a question for all of you. How do you pack away your Nativity sets? I struggled this morning using bubble wrap (sticky and hard to cut) to once again protect the figures. I know there is a pale green shipping material that's padded but am blanking on the name of the stuff. It's probably Styrofoam.

🙏Each of you are having a good afternoon/very early evening. Reminder to all 🐥 to PM me if you'd enjoy some happy mail in the new year 💌. You, of course, would have my absolute word that your info would never be shared with anyone. Also, I did finish my 2022 calendar yesterday. If I don't already have your birthday please share, if you'd also like a birthday greeting.

To quote dear Pea once more,🐥

Popping in to wish you all a Happy New Year! ❤🐣

Had a super busy week at work. Vegging out tonight. DH made those asparagus wraps with Brie and honey lemon dressing and some roasted Brussels sprouts with nice, garlicky Tzatziki sauce (probably spelled wrong) and they were good.

DD is still not well but headed in the right direction, I think. She’s lost weight due to no appetite. Thank you for keeping her in your prayers. I hope other people who were sick are doing better. Hugs to those missing loved ones.

Love to all. Hoping 2022 is a better year for all of us.

05D19F9A-45E4-4E45-BD51-E7C1C790D3C2.jpeg

Last edited:
HAPPY NEW YEAR QUACKER FAMILY!

Its a rainy start to 2022 here, and I'm glad its not snow, as it's dumping down the rain!

I didn't make it till midnite (no surprise as I never do),,made it till 10:30 and that was it.

Took down all the decorations in the living room and dining room, took down the outside decorations and lights (as long as it was almost 60 degrees) and when Mr L wakes up, the tree will be coming down this morning.

Dinner will be traditional pork and sauerkraut, with potatoes, carrots, and applesauce. May switch out the carrots for asparagus though. I made a pan of Ghiardelli Double Fudge brownies yesterday, we each had one with hot fudge and ice cream on it for dessert last nite, it was good!

Watched some of the Nashville New Year's Eve bash on CBS..it was a welcome change from the usual tv fare!

Have a happy , healthy , peace and joy filled new year!!

R (2).jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter