Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning and Happy New Years to you all!

I'm not going to lie - I was in bed by 8:15 last night! Still taking nightime cough syrup and it really makes me tired.

Three of the four pairs of flip flops I ordered have arrived. One I'm for sure sending back, the other two I like both....my intention was to pick one pair and return the other three BUT now I might change my mind haha!

No great or exciting plans today. I'm going to clean up a bit and then see what the day brings. Husband & youngest hunting this AM, and presumably they will be this evening if the weather isn't to bad. Dinner tonight will be a mish mash of apps we didn't make last night - brie cups, plus the turkey, poppers and other odds & ends floating around the freezer & fridge & pantry. Maybe I'll pop out to get some wings for them - I think tomorrow I'm making lamb chops. Or burgers, we will see...

Today is super mild - I think it's supposed to be in the 60's today and tomorrow but raining all day today and most of tomorrow. My dishwasher is on the blink, we think it may be terminal but we are watching it, so it's always possible I might have to go get a new one this weekend. Fingers crossed that is not the case...I have three appliances hanging on by a thread that were new when we built the house in 2014 - a washing machine, the dishwasher and one of the ovens. Already replaced the built in microwave, and ice maker in fridge has long ago given up. Things just don't hold up like they used to.

I suppose I ought to get moving, I think maybe I'll get some bacon out of the freezer and make the guys some breakfast - have a good day everyone.

Still raining steadily here, temp is 53. Tree is down , decorations boxed up and put away (Hallmark ones take so long to put back in their right boxes, lol). Just swiffered all the furniture, tables , tv stand etc,,and passed the vacuum through every room in the house. Pork and kraut is in the crockpot, and I am going to sit down and do nothing. Tomorrow I need to get out the Little Green Machine and clean up a few spots where the grandkids and cats got stuff on the floor, and color my hair. That will be the extent of my weekend. Oh, and make some ham/pickle salad with leftover Christmas ham!

Good morning, better make that afternoon. And Happy 2022!

Watching The Rose Parade, my favorite. Mummers got postponed to tomorrow by rain.

We had a nice day. Safe drive to and from DS's house in Dunkirk. Saw their partially renovated bathrooms, the newly decorated nursery, and all of their decorations. Went to a little cheese shop in North Beach, right on the bay, and had cheese plates and wine (not DDIL), eating outside. Came back to their house and chatted a while before ordering pizza from Mod Pizza. DH and I like it and the one near us closed. Then we drove home, its about 1 hour 45 minutes, and watched Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper bring in the new year. Made it to midnight but were in bed and ready for sleep.

This morning I made Jiffy muffins and scrambled eggs with left over ham in them for breakfast. I proposed carry out for dinner tonight because I don't feel like cooking. Tomorrow starts back on the WW wagon. I gained more weight this past month than our cruise vacation in Alaska a few years back. Need to get back to walking.

DH made those asparagus wraps with Brie and honey lemon dressing and some roasted Brussels sprouts with nice, garlicky Tzatziki sauce (probably spelled wrong) and they were good.
They looked very good. Talented DH.

@easyas123, what are your men hunting?

Today is super mild - I think it's supposed to be in the 60's today and tomorrow but raining all day today and most of tomorrow.
I was hoping to go on a First Day hike but doesn't look good.

Things just don't hold up like they used to.
Except the things you don't like. We bought this house new in 1988. Have since replaced the washer, dryer, dishwasher, fridge, and microwave - most more than once, but the stove that I hate is still going strong.

All our decorations are still up and not coming down soon. Do have to go to church and set up communion for tomorrow.

Have a good day.

:grouphug:🐥❤ to each of you, Happy, Happy New Year, my Quacker Family!

Dad and I are enjoying a lovely first day of the year. We are just so blessed and thankful to God indeed. We're baking our sugar/chocolate chip cookies at the moment and later will take some pictures and finish watching November Christmas, too.

My prayer and wish for all of you, in the new year and always, is faith. peace, good health, fun, and JOY. Thank you with all my heart for continuing to be a Quacker. Here's to getting closer, God-willing, to our one day meet at DL in person. I would still enjoy doing some early planning on that if any of you want. PM me. Fun and positive to think about ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

Thank Pea, for that link, I will reach out to the poster.

I will check back later! May all of you know, always, Jesus loves and is with you and that by His Grace and connecting of us, I care for each of you, too! God Bless You! Happy Saturday, too.

Attachments

• Donald.jpg
    Donald.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 2

How do you pack away your Nativity sets?

Wrap them individually in paper towels, and then put them in a shoe box. Been doing that for several years now.

DD is still not well but headed in the right direction, I think. She’s lost weight due to no appetite.

Glad she has turned the corner and started to head in right direction.

@easyas123, what are your men hunting?

Deer. But it's geese season, too. So if you hear a lot of rapid shots out there that is probably goose hunters. Or duck, if that's in. I can't keep track of what's in /what season it is half the time!

I was hoping to go on a First Day hike but doesn't look good.

No it doesn't unfortunately. I feel like I'm starting to climb the walls here, finally feeling better and it's totally icky outside.

Wrap them individually in paper towels, and then put them in a shoe box. Been doing that for several years now.

The figures are wrapped in the original bubble wrap packages they came in, put into a tiny box, which fits into the manger, then the manger goes in its original box. It's all holding up really well, so why fix what's not broken? LOL

Not much going on here today. We had DGS#2 last night, so the kids could go out and have fun at DD's 2ndBFF's house. Watched some fireworks from the house early on; I was in bed by 10:30, up by 4am.

I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and shakshuka, hash browns and bacon for lunch. Going to make chicken rollups and salad for dinner. Tomorrow, I'm making roast w/sweet potatoes (none of the mini potatoes I usually get looked good), carrots and green beans, and some biscuits. I might make a pecan pie tomorrow too, with eggnog ice cream or whipped cream (or both).

Happy New Year to all!

It is dreary but now I am excited and happy. When DS got married, DDIL did not want a shower. She figured it was a party to celebrate a party and doesn't like to be center of attention. I really missed having a shower for her. I was concerned about a baby shower.

Well, DD just texted. She, DDIL, and DDIL's sister were communicating and have scheduled a shower for the end of February. I am so excited about that. And happy about how they are all working together.

shakshuka
Google is my friend.

Happy New Year friends...hoping and praying for a better year for us all.

We had our really good friends over last night and played a music trivia card game to ring in the New Year. DD, who's usually an introvert and likes to stay in her room when we have company, decided to join us so that was fun. Everyone left about 10 minutes after the countdown so we were done cleaning up and in bed by 12:45a, not to bad. Slept in a little and then made some yummy biscuits and gravy for the three of us. Missed watching the Rose Parade since we don't have regular cable TV anymore so I'll have to search online to see if I can find it to watch later. I've always hoped to make it to the parade one year, I always thought it would be fun to sleep out on the sidewalk the night before but I think I'm too old for that now..:laughing:

No plans but to lounge today, we had soo much snack food for last night so we'll munch in that all day. DH is heading out of town tomorrow for the week so we're just looking forward to being lazy on our comfy couch with a fire going.

Happy New Year's evening!

I've been feeling poorly the last couple of days so I haven't been doing much. I did catch up on my DVR'd Grantchester and Grey's Anatomy. Had a couple of naps and read a little. I'm pretty sure that drinking more soft drinks and regular coffee has caught up with me and my GERD is acting up. I took an at home Covid test this evening and it came out negative. We'll see what tomorrow's test shows but I'm sure it will be negative also.

I have basically taken the week off, only doing what I have to in the office and now I dread for Monday to come. This is my busiest time of year, getting stuff ready for taxes and changing out the file cabinets for the new year. I will regret big time not taking care of business this last week.

I got to talk to DH's sister on Wednesday. She is fighting cancer and she hadn't returned my call from a couple of weeks ago. I knew that if something was up that her kids would contact us but it was reassuring to hear from her. She's on chemo again hoping that her cancer will go into remission. It has once so hopefully it will again. We had a good four hour chat.

Our new year's eve was quiet. Since our bonfire get together was canceled, I wouldn't have went anyway since I wasn't feeling good, we stayed in with Lou Lou. DH grilled hamburgers and I added Ruffles and Onion Dip. DH and Lou Lou fell asleep early while I stayed up until 1:30 am. We did not have as many fireworks going off around us as last year. I could have stayed up longer but I decided I should try and go to bed. A nap in the afternoon always keeps me up at night.

I piddled today. Added birthday/anniversary information to my 2022 calendar and made sure that my phone calendar information matched. Already had doctor/dentist appointments on my phone so added them to my calendar also. I have an office calendar I need to update and a personal one just for bills to do yet.

I believe we've had the warmest December on record with only four days below 60, most of them in the 70's. Our warm spell ended today. The artic air blew in this afternoon and it's currently 32 degrees right now with a wind chill of 24. Time to turn on the heat strips.

Dinner tonight was Honey Baked Ham, cooked cabbage and black eyed peas for good luck.

I would have been asleep before midnight but my neighbors made sure that I was fully awake at midnight by setting off what sounded like a huge bomb. Luckily the negative 20 to 35 wind chill we have been having sent them back inside a few minutes later so they did not light off too many of their fireworks. Of course they were lighting some off tonight as well.
Plan for today was to warm up the precooked spiral ham that DH got from work and serve it along with fried cabbage, sweet potatoes, and augrautan potatoes. 16 year old decided to cook up rice balls which consist of burger, rice, onion and carrots in a bread dough that is baked. She did a batch of these before she went to work and took the entire dozen she made into work so all I got was some of the filling on a plate.
I tried to get DH to tell me how long the ham needed to be heated up for so I could decide if we needed to put it in before he left almost an hour and a half ago to go pick her up from work.
I have no idea what plans are as I am being kept in the dark. All I know is that 16 year old has archery practice tomorrow at noon and then is going to work at 4 so DH will be dropping her off about 3:30 and then going to work himself at 4. This means if we don't have the ham tonight either it is eat between 10:30/11 or wait until Monday. I do know that DH pulled it from the freezer because 16 year old did tell me it was in the basement fridge.
I guess it is time to text 16 year old and see when they expect to be home.

Good morning all~~here's a surprise--NOT Its raining again! Temp is 56, going to a high of 57, down to 26 tonite, and a high of 32 tomorrow. That is quite a temperature difference

Pork dinner was so good last nite, and we have enough for at least 2 more meals (even after cutting 4 good size boneless chops off and freezing them). Mr L watched football most of the day, and apparently during the night, as he woke up at 7 am and has been back asleep since 7:30. I fed all the cats,,changed out the filters in the water pitcher, the cats fountains, and the humidifier. Cleaned both humidifiers out and refilled them, as well as changed out the hoses and water bottle on his oxygen machine.

Have to clean both bathrooms today..was going to wash the kitchen floor, but no point since it's raining outside,,will just track more mud and dirt in everytime I go out.

@Kirby--sending prayers and pixie dust that you feel better soon!

Have a great Sunday everyone

b28de21b4c377578d1e801ea00ae4e96.jpg

Good Morning!

Such a cute springy picture, Lynn! Thank you :)

Extra hug and prayer indeed for you Kirby, please feel better and take care. If I lived closer I'd be happy to help you with file organizing.

I have a special Quacker Family favor to ask that I'd appreciate so much your help with. A birthday surprise for my dear dad. His birthday is in early February so time is of the essence! He enjoys doing the daily newspaper crossword puzzle. I thought he'd get a kick out of receiving crosswords from different newspapers/small town papers even across the country as a birthday gift! I'd have a contribution list at the beginning that said something like " Mickey Mouse, Anaheim, CA from the January 2nd Disneyland Gazette (Made up name of paper--I think)." A note, perhaps even on a postcard about your town/town's paper would be fantastic, too. I would need any contributions by the end of this month. Please PM me by the end of this coming week at the latest for more info and to contribute. I would want to know anything was coming so to know to expect it. Thank you, thank you, my friends.

Happy Sunday with love.

Last edited:
Good morning all or I guess afternoon...I just looked at the time. This year is already flying by... :laughing: DH and his BFF/coworker are off on a work trip. They'll be staying in Philadelphia but working in Camden NJ this week, staying a couple extra days to sight see as much as they can. Wish I could've went with him but maybe next time.

Again no plans for today....I know I should start taking my Christmas stuff down but it looks so pretty and the house will look so blah when everything is down so I think I'll leave it a few more days.

Hope you all have a great rest of the day.

Good afternoon.

Went to church and it was empty. Home now doing chores like change the sheets on the bed, defrost the basement freezer, found my room humidifier and filled it for the bedroom. Mine looks like this. When I bought it a few years back, it cost less than a less child's room one.

DH watching football. I am back on the WW wagon, and it is hard.

Regarding weather, it is currently 61 and we are predicted to get 1-3 inches of snow tomorrow.

Auntieme3.... I agree, I don't care to take my decorations down either. I enjoy them so much more after the holidays than before. I also dread the mess and work of taking everything down. I have a lot of decorations.

It's cold today, 18 degrees, but sunny. Glad we don't have to go anywhere. We got just a dusting of snow last night.

QOTD.... When you take a road trip, how long do you drive in a day?

Good afternoon.

Went to church and it was empty. Home now doing chores like change the sheets on the bed, defrost the basement freezer, found my room humidifier and filled it for the bedroom. Mine looks like this. When I bought it a few years back, it cost less than a less child's room one.

That is so cute!

DH watching football. I am back on the WW wagon, and it is hard.

Mr L watching football too,,I am just about footballed out this weekend!

Regarding weather, it is currently 61 and we are predicted to get 1-3 inches of snow tomorrow.

We got to 57, its now dropped to 45, and gotten windy. No snow predicted here, so please keep it on your side of the state~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter