Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Happy Tuesday! :)

Can't remember when I was last on here, maybe before the new year. I worked New Year's Eve and just went home after work, in bed by 10:00 pm. My sister had all the siblings over on New Year's Day for a Xmas party. It was nice, we all brought a $15 gift to exchange. Sunday I staying home and took down the Xmas decorations and watched some football games. Worked from home yesterday but back in the office today :headache::(. We haven't gotten any snow yet but it is expected on Thursday. I might ask if I can work from home Thursday if it does snow in the morning. I just don't see the need to drive in to work when I can get everything done from home.

Everyone have a good day! :wave2:

Good morning everyone!

Thought I would stop in for a moment before I got started for the day. Just read one of those "whatever happened to" articles on Facebook. A cobra got loose from a residence in Grand Prairie about 40 minutes SW of us. Apparently it has not been found and could be anywhere in the DFW area. They figure is has gone into hibernation and will come out when it begins to warm up. I hope that it did not slither our direction.

Good Morning Everyone!

Chilly in here but looks (from the blinds) a dash sunny out there.

Thank you everyone who has responded to my crossword request for my dad. The puzzles again cane be in a newspaper big or small community or even a magazine. My cousin said he thought he had a train magazine that had a crossword in it. I think the greater variety=more fun for dad. Thank you, also to Kirby for the printable suggestion. I have thought of that and will check into it. Should any of you have an actual paper puzzle to either PM/email or snail mail me please do let me know by the end of this week. :thanks::hug:

I shall check back later. Please, please, as always my Quacker family, stay safe, and warm, and well!

I didn't feel like editing my post, but update on my Eliquis. The girl who filled out the request to Bristol Mayer to get it for me at no cost, called me and said that she had called Bristol Mayer directly this morning,,,that they had my application, and had just started working on 2022's requests yesterday. She said it normally takes them about a week, but since it's the beginning of the year, and they are swamped with applications it might take a little more time. She told me NOT to pick up a month's worth at CVS tomorrow (at a cost of $509), but that she had called my PCP's office..and they have a months worth of samples I can have. :tigger: She said I should definitely have a denial or approval from the drug company before a month is up. Crossing my fingers and hoping it's approved!

I didn't feel like editing my post, but update on my Eliquis. The girl who filled out the request to Bristol Mayer to get it for me at no cost, called me and said that she had called Bristol Mayer directly this morning,,,that they had my application, and had just started working on 2022's requests yesterday. She said it normally takes them about a week, but since it's the beginning of the year, and they are swamped with applications it might take a little more time. She told me NOT to pick up a month's worth at CVS tomorrow (at a cost of $509), but that she had called my PCP's office..and they have a months worth of samples I can have. :tigger: She said I should definitely have a denial or approval from the drug company before a month is up. Crossing my fingers and hoping it's approved!

Crossing all my fingers for you! My PCP has come through for me more than once in the past with samples.

Good morning everyone!

Thought I would stop in for a moment before I got started for the day. Just read one of those "whatever happened to" articles on Facebook. A cobra got loose from a residence in Grand Prairie about 40 minutes SW of us. Apparently it has not been found and could be anywhere in the DFW area. They figure is has gone into hibernation and will come out when it begins to warm up. I hope that it did not slither our direction.

OMG this happened to me about 6 years ago!!!! My neighbor's snake got out of the yard!!!! I am deathly afraid of snakes, like I could have literally had a heart attack if I saw it. It was one of those big yellow and white things that Brittany Spears used in one of her videos. Anyway it was in October and the police and animal control people kept telling us it most likely went down in the sewer because it was getting too cold outside for it. I boarded up my basement window where the dryer vent comes out and was scare to death to let my dog go outside (I had a big Lab at the time). Fast forward to 2 weeks later, my son's friend was leaving our house one afternoon and the damn thing was stretched out on my front porch. I called 911 so someone could come and get it. Let's just say there was so much cussing on that recording, it won't be used for a training call. My son's girlfriend ended up taking it to the neighbor's. Him and his son came down and gave me and son's girlfriend a reward. Normally I wouldn't take a reward for finding an animal but I did this time. Told him it was for the money I spent boarding up my window. Good luck, hope it's gone!!!

:hug:Lynn and prayers for no cost meds that is for sure. Yikes to $509!

Great suggestion Judique of asking your doctor what samples they may have. I do remember once my dad's eye doctor was able to give him some free Systane samples.

Eek and plain yikes to any snakes, especially on the loose! No thanks!

Quiet afternoon. I'm working on some mail and enjoying rereading the "After the Storm" Love Inspired book series.

:grouphug:to all.

I've decided that I'm keeping my Christmas avatar up until at least April lmao.

My Sister in Law, Brother in Law and Niece are going one further than that. They have yet to put up their Christmas tree~ Why they wait till the week of Christmas to decide that their house needs a thorough cleaning before decorating is beyond me. They are still working at it, they have the nativity up ( they did that last night), and will put the tree up , and open gifts sometime next week. So their tree will still be up at the end of March, lol! They just cooked their Christmas ham ,( a 7 lb spiral sliced one)and turkey, (a 22 pound bird )(why both, and why both so large is beyond me too , since there are only 3 of them), this past Sunday!

:hug:Lynn and prayers for no cost meds that is for sure. Yikes to $509!

Great suggestion Judique of asking your doctor what samples they may have. I do remember once my dad's eye doctor was able to give him some free Systane samples.

Eek and plain yikes to any snakes, especially on the loose! No thanks!

Quiet afternoon. I'm working on some mail and enjoying rereading the "After the Storm" Love Inspired book series.

:grouphug:to all.

I've never asked for samples. I've had the same PCP since 1993 and he's always been caring and perceptive. And sometimes it takes trial and error to figure out what medicine will work. Samples can come in handy with pricey meds.

Please, please be careful and stay safe those of you in snow! From so far away it does sound pretty nut no way would I want to live in it. Plus, lol, I truly freeze.

The snow I can handle it is the ice and the cold especially these wind chills that send me holing up in my house unless absolutely necessary

Winter Weather Advisory issued January 04 at 2:16PM MST until January 07 at 6:00AM MST by NWS Billings

So glad that the fruit sale meeting that I was required to attend was last night before this hit and that I had a nice heater in the car. I was able to park just outside the door so had less than a 5 foot walk.

Stopped on the way home and got some Brisket, Bacon N Beef Dips from Arbys. Luckily I also got 14 year old some chicken nuggets as she refused to even try hers. 16 year old took hers so DH didn't even stand a chance to get one.

30 degrees here right now at 6:20am. Going up to 43 later this afternoon.

I'm hoping the mess melts. I do have to go out today as my Chewy order hasn't been processed yet and usually I'd have it on my doorstep by now.

Just need a little wet food for my kitties. There was enough for this morning and plenty of dry food available but I have one cat who has to have wet food - urinary tract problems.

Hope all are doing well!

30 degrees here right now at 6:20am. Going up to 43 later this afternoon.

I'm hoping the mess melts. I do have to go out today as my Chewy order hasn't been processed yet and usually I'd have it on my doorstep by now.

Just need a little wet food for my kitties. There was enough for this morning and plenty of dry food available but I have one cat who has to have wet food - urinary tract problems.

Hope all are doing well!

My chewy order is taking a little longer too~~ have you noticed that even they are out of a LOT of wet food? I am hoping our Walmart has some on the shelf this morning to carry me over. I have a lot of them to feed!

Good morning all. Frosty 27 outside, going to 49 later. Took the trash down to the street and fed all the cats. Just waiting for Mr L to wake up so we can get to the grocery store before they get busy. Also have to stop at PCP's office to pick up those samples. So glad that they had some.

Anyone else watching Amy Schneider on Jeopardy, and hoping she keeps her streak going? She's almost to a million dollars!

Have a nice morninge3b4f2c4554b47e41fd829cb94688123--happy-wednesday-quotes-images.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter