Queing at DLRP

ynwa19

Mouseketeer
Everytime that my wife and I have been to DLRP, we have done what any normal person does and waited behind the person in front of us for a ride. This doesn't seem to be the case for everyone though and we constantly find ourselves having to link hands in order to stop people pushing their way past us. (One even tried to break our link and squeeze through!)

Is it just us being unlucky or does everyone have this problem when they go? I would love DLRP to follow UK theme parks standards and eject anyone that pushes in the line.

Oooh - it's a bit of a touchy subject this. Some visitors do queue, some don't, then some of the ones who would normally queue get cross and decide not to bother queueing.

For rides - people SHOULD queue, because that is what Disney say we should do.
For organised character meets. there is a rope and a line so people SHOULD queue.
For random meet and greets and things like parades, I'm afraid then it is luck of the draw whether people around you will queue or not.

Let me preface this with the fact that I am American, my husband French and our children a crazy half breed of insane little monkeys. ;)

I am a queue person! If you want go on a ride, you get in the queue like a normal human wait your turn go on the ride have a fab time and go on with your day. My husband is somewhere in the middle. He's been in the US for too long so he has the queue mentality now. The kids learned elbows out and stick together early on to keep their place and keep other in theirs. It drives me mad!

Our first trip to DLP I was a mess, I couldn't believe the pushing and shoving that was going on. I had someone shove into my oldest with a lit cigarette in hand in line for Dumbo, it took everything I had not rip their head off. Loads of trips later I let it roll, and keep my elbows out. :rotfl:

I don't visit during really visit periods, but I've still stood in my fair share of queues at DLP! Never had a problem with people pushing, shoving or trying to queue jump - at least obviously nothing that was bad enough to remember or put a blight on my trip.

I've never been during major holidays either, and apart from one group of exciteable kids near us at Peter Pan, I've never had anyone pushing in front of me in a queue for a ride - character meet n greets are another thing entirely though :headache: .

Elaine

I understand the character meet and greet, free for alls (I normally pull on my American Football kit for that :))

The rides are a whole different subject though and my wife snapped at some 40yr old man who tried to push in front of us on star tours. It was a really quiet day, but she had had enough of people doing that - it was about the tenth time that day!

I guess I have been really lucky on our trips, we have not had any line cutters on rides at all. In fact last week the exact oposite, parents telling there children to slow down and not push. I heard this quite a few times which was great.

We have had people try to push in front of us- we use the spread out , hands on the wall/fence trick.

The worst seem to be the families who allow a young child to rush ahead into the queue or further on in the queue and then push ahead themselves to catch up along with the rest of the family.

The other bad experience we've had was when DD and I queued outside Autopia for 30 mins before it opened with approx 20-30 people in front of us. When the ride opened and we started moving inside people saw it was open and immediately rushed to the entrance and pushed in ignoring the fact there was a queue outside - we probably ended up with about 200 people infront of us.
A similar thing happened with BTM after rope drop - the queue was forming but as people were going through the entrance slowly a lot of people ignored the queue outside and just pushed in at the entrance slowing down the queue even more. We gave up in the end and went for FPs and were very pleased when the ride soon broke down so those who'd pushed into the queue would probably be still in the queue and have to leave withour riding whereas we were able to use the FPs later when it was working again.

Yes, we also experienced the " Child pushes through - so parents,aunties,uncles,brothers,sisters ALL catch them up " trick aswell:mad:

There isn't a lot you can do when this happens. But all other times while queuing, I hold my daughters hand, and we each lean against the rails or wall so we can't be pushed past. The best of 7yr olds though, is, they tend to say it as it is! While at DLRP in Feb, on the times people tried to push past, my daughter would always comment in a loud voice, how "Naughty these people were. That it's not nice to push past people queuing" I was surprised that some people did seem to hang there heads a little when they heard her. But as the saying goes The Truth Hurts:laughing:

But, unfortunately it's not only queues for rides this happens. Each time I've waited at one of the popcorn stalls, I've had to really stand my ground. People seem to completely bypass the line and walk to the front.

It is a small majority of people that are like this, and when it happens, you just have to sometimes let it go ( as hard as it is!! ) The first time we went, all I did was huff and puff at all the rude people, but I then realised if I wanted to enjoy the rest of the holiday I had to toughen up ( elbows out and arms stretched:rolleyes1 )

We have had people try to push in front of us- we use the spread out , hands on the wall/fence trick

I've also been quite lucky with people not trying to push past but if they do try I'm also a fan of this technique :laughing: and if it comes down to it its definitely a good idea to get the ol' elbows out!!! I think the 2 worst rides i've had people pushing past me on are Rock n' Roller coaster on the bit where you're queueing up on the bit next to where the ride launches and on Space Mountain just before you get into the room before you go down the stairs on to the ride grr :mad:

The main thing in life that bothers me is when people dont queue up! it even heppend to me today when i was changing money for Paris, some man walked inront of me to the girl in the travel agent, he was only checking the rate but come on he could have told me or asked!! Im going to be there may 1st which i understand will be busy anyone who pushes in front of us will be thrown out the queue ha ha

I don't visit during really visit periods, but I've still stood in my fair share of queues at DLP! Never had a problem with people pushing, shoving or trying to queue jump - at least obviously nothing that was bad enough to remember or put a blight on my trip.
Same here although my experiences in UK are I'm afraid to say no better than some poster record at DLP.

I'll say it again. No nationality has a monopoly on numpties, rude people and those who don't give consideration to others. Sadly they exist all over the world :rolleyes1

The worst case we had was waiting for Lion King last week, (Wss it really only last week?:scared1: ) It was freezing cold, and DH suggested we just go and sit down inside. I said no, we have to queue because that's what we have to do;) So we jined a long queue which shaked back to the train station. then some people started taking the queue the other way - basically joining half-way down and leading a queue off at right-angles IYSWIM. Eventually a laconic CM came out and started herding us down the covered area bit of the queue (even colder out of the sun :scared1: ) so we filled up the full width - lots of the "side" poeple got swept in too - then roped off the back. He didn't do anyhting scientific like count, so when we finally were let in we found loads of empty seats in front (but to the side). And they were still letting people in after it started - why didn't they set u proper snaky queue (sure it has a name) and let us all in a bit earlier so we could sis in the warm.

Rant over:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter