Question about Club Buzz

twostp4fun

Earning My Ears
We will be in Disneyland from May 9-11 (all weekdays). Does anyone have any information on Club Buzz? I'm having a hard time telling from the Disneyland site whether or not they sell lunch and dinner on the weekdays, or just snacks. I have two boys, 3 1/2 and almost 5, who are big Buzz Lightyear fans. I'm excited that the new Buzz ride will be open.

Also, I've been to Disneyland quite a few times, but only once since 1986. The last time I went was in 2001 when my oldest was only 10 months old. As I said, my boys are really into Toy Story and my oldest loves Tigger. Other than that, they are not overly familiar with the Disney Characters. I don't think they know any of the princesses. We will be traveling with 6 of us (the two kids, my DH, his parents, and myself). I'm going to try to arrange PS for Rainforest Cafe and Ariel's Grotto. Any other advice for me?

Club Buzz is outside - covered patio type area. There is a counter-service restaurant that serves food all day (including a pretty good breakfast) - but if you want to be able to eat at a table and watch the show (you don't have to eat and watch it) you'll need to get there REALLY early - there aren't many tables, and some tables your little ones won't be able to see from. There are chairs set up by the stage, but no where to put food. Buzz will be available after the show for autographs and pictures, but Woody can be impossible to fine - he's usually walking around Frontierland with Jesse.
For Pooh fans - Critter Country has meet and greet with all the characters and the Winnie the Pooh ride now. Tigger lover should be happy there.
Rainforest Cafe is a lot of fun, and we really likes Ariel's, lots of the classic characters to say hi to. Have Fun!

Currently on the calendar, April 3rd is the last day that they have listed for the Buzz show. Do you think that it may just be too far in advance and more shows will be listed as we get closer?

I can't imagine they're getting rid of the buzz show since they just opened the ride, but they may be shutting in down for a period to work there. Also they may be closing the show to put something new there for the 50th (either during the day or at night, since they usually have music at night and the buzz show during the day.

Also AFMom was incorrect about the food being open all day. About a year or 2 ago, the started shutting down the food place during the week on off season times. They usually have the dessert place open that sells funnel cake, and other dessert, snack type stuff, but not the restuarant. On most weekends it is open for lunch and dinner, and during high volume times it is open for lunch and dinner.

It is a counter service place, with no particular emphasis placed on Buzz other than the names of the items. They do sell Woody sipper cups and buzz straws, but you can buy them at most places. If this place is not open, you could get your food from elsewhere and bring it here to eat, espeically during a show. DL has no problem with you taking trays of food from anywhere in the park (even places like plaza pavilion) and eating them elsewhere.

Since you are going in May, I have no clue if this will be open during the week. Reason being is with the 50th kickoff on May 5th I think things will be a bit busier this may than usual. They seem to be gearing up for a crowd for may, and if that holds true there is a good chance the counter service side will be open.

The snacks are sold on the side closest to the ride, and the regular food is served on the side closest to the matterhorn. I think you can purchase most of what they sell at the snack area in the food area, but I'm almost positive you usually can't buy the food stuff in the snack area.

When we were there last month, we were speaking to one of the CM's of the Club Buzz show and she told us that they are ending the show. She said that management thought that two Buzz attractions were too many. It is a shame because it was a really cute show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter