• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about fuel rods

EastYorkDisneyFan

DIS Veteran
I'm planning a trip to Disneyland resort in may and I'd like to have a fuel rod on me just incase I need it. Does anyone know if they can be purchased at LAX on arrival, if it helps illI be flying in from caCana on WestJet airlines?

I don't see it showing up on their website :( But, some places (like DLR) don't allow them to advertise that it is there.

You can pay the price at DLR (I think it's $30)

FWIW, I bought one a few years ago on Amazon. As I recall, it was about $13 delivered. It’s nearly the same size and shape as the ones available in DL. It’s only good for one full charge. There are a few outlets in the park (not as many as there used to be), in case of emergency.

I have a teenager and the fuel rod has been a great purchase for us. I do not know if you can get them at LAXbut if you have time you can order one from their website for $20. Easy to swap and great in a pinch.

I'd just buy a portable power supply off Amazon. You can get one with 2-3 times the capacity for less than the cost of a fuel rod (at Disney prices).

I have portable chargers that I usually use when I need them at home. Well I agree that it's better to have one with you it's just one more thing to charge and one more thing to forget in a hotel room. Where as with a fuel rod even if I have a dead one I can just swap it for a fresh one and not have to worry about if i have a charged charger on me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter