Question about Home DVC

chaoscent

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Currently I own 100 points at AKVillas. If I purchase 100 points at BWVillas and want rent a 2 bedroom and need 124 points can I book the 2 bedroom at the 11 month window and use 24 of my AK Villas points? Or do all of my points need to be from my home resort at the 11 month window?
Thanks, New owner and planning for the first week of Dec., 2008.
Penny

You could not book at the 11-month period using mixed points. You could borrow the points that you needed, however.

Thank you for answering. Just to clarify.
I would then have 100 points this year for AKV 100 points for next year.
For BWV I would have 0 points for this year and 76 points for next year?

Thank you, Penny:goodvibes

Thank you for answering. Just to clarify.
I would then have 100 points this year for AKV 100 points for next year.
For BWV I would have 0 points for this year and 76 points for next year?

Thank you, Penny:goodvibes

Correct you would borrow 24 BWV points from next year, which leaves 76 BWV points.

Thank you. That's what I thought. But I have been reading on the boards that people bought points at a certain resort so they could book at the 11 month window. I am assuming they bought enough points for a complete stay and not just a small contract? :confused3
Thanks, Penny

Thank you. That's what I thought. But I have been reading on the boards that people bought points at a certain resort so they could book at the 11 month window. I am assuming they bought enough points for a complete stay and not just a small contract? :confused3
Thanks, Penny

Depending upon how often you vacation, you can use the bank & borrow rules to triple your points, or you can also do AKV one year then BWV the next year.

In reality, you will most likely ending up buying more points like most of us. :thumbsup2

Thanks, makes more sense now. I am a newbie. I bought 200 points at AKV in May (my birthday present). We will probably buy more points but can't decide between BWVillas or waiting for CRV.
Thanks, Penny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter