Question about Liberty Tree Tavern

Ange

Earning My Ears
I have a question about Liberty Tree Tavern. We are going to Disney in November and we will be there for Thanksgiving. We would love to eat at Liberty Tree because of the atmosphere...but I guess at dinner it's a character meal? Is this true and is it different on Thanksgiving? Will four grown adults look completely stupid attending a character meal. Please help :confused:

Hello, Ange :)
Welcome to DIS!

We're planning our first trip to WDW in OCT and have a PS for dinner at LTT on a MNSSHP night--yes, the dinner should be with characters, but y'all should be just fine :) I'm just going with hubby that night and I'm curious myself how he's going to take the interactions :)

Good Lord, you're going to Disney!
It's not like you're going to a black tie restaurant in your town with T-shirts and jeans and would REALLY stand out!
You're going to be one of a select few in the whole country who gets to spend Thanksgiving dinner in the ultimate Thanksgiving dinner atmosphere...Liberty Tree Tavern! Nothing is more American than Thanksgiving....and nothing is more American than Disney!! You get to combine both!!!
If I EVER had the opportunity to spend Thanksgiving dinner with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and the gang, I'd LEAP at it!
Go have fun....and then tell us on this website the Friday after how great it was!!!!

We ate at Liberty Tree on accident one year (we had PS for Cindy's and well they forgot to tell us it was closing early) Anyway it was great. We had a group of 6 of us and all adults. We have some great pictures and had a blast. Go for it you will love it!!!

Hi Ange! We're spending Thanksgiving at WDW as well. Will be going with DH, DD8, and DD6. We haven't decided on where to go for Thanksgiving dinner. We're trying to choose between Crystal Palace and Liberty Tree Tavern. DH likes buffet style with the carved meats but LTT definitely has the right atmosphere.

I would appreciate everyone's input on this. Thanks!

Thanks for all those that responded. I know I'm going to Disney and as soon as I walk in the "door" I feel like a kid again but I didn't know if other people did character meals without kids.

I'm definetly going to go for it!!!!:bounce:

gottaluvEeyore, I much prefer LTT to Crystal Palace, and particularly for a meal like Thanksgiving. Yum! :)

My friend Eric and I went to a character meal during my first "adult" trip several years back. I really had no interest... I've never been a big fan of character meals, even as a kid, but this was something Eric - a hugh pooh fan - really, really, really wanted to do. So we went to the Crystal Palace, where I did my best to put on a "oh, this is so silly" attitude... which lasted about six seconds. The first time a character came to our table, I melted. The great thing is that the characters treat adults exactly the same as they do kids. They realize that we're all about five years old, and that when a character — be it Pooh or the Queen of Hearts (one of my personal favorites!) - comes along, we forget all about the fact that we run an office back home, or are dealing with more personal problems than you can shake a stick at. All we want at that moment is to hug them tight and be swept away by the magic.

Have a great time!

Richard:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earseek: Hubby & I spent last New Years Eve at LTT. Hubby loved it. He especially liked getting kissed on the cheek by Minnie. We are going back for dinner on Dec. 16th prior to MVMCP. Hubby's first question when I told him I got MVMCP tickets was could we eat at LTT again. I assured him I had already gotten the PS seating. Oh by the way, we are kids on the back side of 55. We may be getting older but we are never going to grow up.

There were lots of adults at LTT for dinner on News Year without any chiildren with them. You will have a blast.

Suki
:Pinkbounc

Don't worry at all about being a table of adults at a character meal. My parents, friends and I have never felt out of place at a character meal with no children at the table. I completely agree with jerseydizdreamer that even if an adult in your party is not interested in the characters they will probably melt when Mick or Minnie comes over to meet and greet.

JFYI: LTT now has Minnie, Pluto, Donald, Daisey and Meeko.
I think you will have a great time!

You should be aware that a Thanksgiving PS at Liberty Tree may be very difficult to get.

If this meal falls under the new 90-day policy (as it should), then you can make a PS on 8/29/03. If this is important to you, I would suggest doing it at 7:00AM Eastern time on this date. You may even want to call now to confirm that you can't make a PS until that date.

Because it's a holiday meal, it may be somewhat special. I would expect the characters to be dressed in Thanksgiving costumes, and perhaps a special menu item or two. They will probably take a credit card number, which is unusual for a PS but often done for Holiday meals simply because they are so popular they only want "serious" reservations. The price may be higher than usual. But you should definitely do this!

Thanks for the info...I will start calling on the 29th at 7:00 a.m. Thank gosh I live in the Eastern time zone. :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter