Question about setting up account for resale purchase

higdif

Earning My Ears
I am buying a resale contract at Boardwalk and I am trying to find some information on what happens next. The last email I received said

"Great News! The Disney transaction finalized today.

Disney will be notified of the change of ownership within 24 hours. Please allow Disney 5 weeks to complete the transfer once notified. Disney will notify you by email once the transfer is completed. The points can take up to an additional 14 days to show in your account upon completion of the transfer.

The owner’s policy will be electronically sent via mail within 30 business days. The recorded deed will go out by regular mail within 30 business day. "

When do I setup an account? Is that part of the email I receive from Disney? I asked the people I have been dealing with and have not received a response.

Thanks

Once you receive an email, it will be confusing.. or at least it was for me last year.

The website wants a contract number or member number or something that wasn’t in my email. I ended up having to call member services.

Once you get your account setup, if you call member services and let them know you are trying to make a reservation, they can generally get your contract loaded to your account right. That is rather than waiting the 14 days.

I only did this all once so far (addonitis has not hit my wife hard enough yet). So I am a little fuzzy on the process. I am sure someone else can clarify a bit.

I think you will need two separate emails from DVC to set up the account. It was a hard process for us that takes one month to find the number in the second email which was never sent to us and then one more month to load the points. 😂 We did buy during the time that everybody was buying and less CM were working, so I’m sure your process will be easier.

I think you will need two separate emails from DVC to set up the account. It was a hard process for us that takes one month to find the number in the second email which was never sent to us and then one more month to load the points. 😂 We did buy during the time that everybody was buying and less CM were working, so I’m sure your process will be easier.
Yes, I think one email is about setting up your membership and the second is I think your club activation code - like you I never got notification #2 - but back when I first bought it came in the regular mail which added even more time :(.

Yes, I think one email is about setting up your membership and the second is I think your club activation code - like you I never got notification #2 - but back when I first bought it came in the regular mail which added even more time :(.
It has been reported that once you have your membership number, you can call MS for the activation code and the CM will help you set up your online access.

It has been reported that once you have your membership number, you can call MS for the activation code and the CM will help you set up your online access.
This is how it worked when I got my membership number, though that was over a decade ago. I happened to be travelling on a cash reservation a week later. My contract had holding points that weren't advertised since they assumed no one would be able to use them. I cancelled my cash ressie and the cast member was able to help me book a split stay in a SSR studio and an OKW 1BR. It was a wonderful first stay at "home."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter