Question about split plate charge @ BB...

two-foxes

DIS Veteran
So, for those of you who just can't scarf a whole Monte Cristo on your own....if you split your entree at the BB and you are now charged the $5.00 to do it, do you each get a choice the two sides, or do you split the sides as well? I figure that $5 should go somewhere, perhaps the charge for additional sides??

When I split a plate w/my daughter, we each got a plate w/the entree and sides. There was plenty of food for each of us.

We were there 4 weeks ago and were charged a $4 plate splitting charge ($4 is what the menu states, not $5). Anyway, we got one soup or salad on one plate and then they split up the Monte Cristo and the 2 sides onto 2 plates. The sides were small, so they aren't giving you each 2 side items, they are just taking the single serving of 2 sides and dividing it between 2 plates.

We were glad that we split the Monte Cristo because it was just enough food and we didn't overeat. We also had room for the yummy Key-Lime pie.

I think we might split when we are there so we can indulge on some dessert. I do not want to eat a ton and not be able to squeeze in dessert.

Is it best to tell them not to split, and have only one person order something for themselves, then both of you can pick, or should you just tell them you are splitting?

When we went in June, my hubby and I split the Monte Crisco and informed the waiter, he was very accomadating and I got the salad and my hubby the soup. pirate: My dh is a big guy and it was plenty for the both of us.

ploeb said:
When we went in June, my hubby and I split the Monte Crisco and informed the waiter, he was very accomadating and I got the salad and my hubby the soup. pirate: My dh is a big guy and it was plenty for the both of us.

They gave you both the soup and the salad? When DH and I went in August & told them we were splitting, they said we got only one soup OR salad.

stampinshauna said:
They gave you both the soup and the salad? When DH and I went in August & told them we were splitting, they said we got only one soup OR salad.
:sad2: No Way!!! Thats strange, did you pay the $4.00 split fee? Maybe we just got lucky that time :blush: .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter