Question for those who are teachers...

Our funds are frozen too...We are dangerously low on Xerox paper, and teachers are buying their own for homework and such. We can't order any new supplies, and we are out of ink for printers, as they start to run out, teachers that want their printers will have to dish out $150. We do not have textbooks believe it or not, so we rely heavily on our copy machine.

Things like glue and tape we can forget about :(
I do not know how it is going to be at the end of the school year :( I do know that kteacher is right, it is going to get much worse before it gets better, if that happens at all :(

Just this year alone I have seen horrible things the teachers have to deal with , my dd1 who is 10 tells me kids are getting blue slips for cussing at the teacher , let me tell you if I ever got a call telling me my dd cussed at anyone in school specially the teacher , she better move out of this house, dh is very tolerating with other things but don't play around with school, that he's VERY serious about.
I personally have seen kindergarteners tell things to the teachers that I never in a million years thought I would ever hear, just the other day the principal came into the classroom as I was helping the teacher and reprimanded one of the kids just because the teacher told him that he could not walk the hallways as he pleased, he told her he didn't have to listen to her and kicked her. Yes, you guessed it, the kid has been suspended from school in kindergarten!!
If I ever find out any of my kids does anything like that....God help them....I don't play around and my kids know that DH and I are very serious about that. If they think I'm mean now....they have no clue how mean I can really be.
I also often see myself buying things to help the teacher so she doesn't have to pay for everything herself, I buy big bags of snacks , bags of pencils and other stuff, they always seem to be in need of those and although the school still supplies those, they don't supply as much as they used to.

I think it's at the beginning of each school year that DS comes home with a "Wish List" from the teacher. I doubt things last all year. Maybe I'll get her a few things. After reading all this, I'm really amazed we have any teachers at all. Bless your hearts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter