• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question re AKV and developers points

SSDonut

DIS Veteran
I'm in the process of having the paperwork drawn up for a 120 point AKV purchase. It will be divided into 2 60-point contracts.

We are getting the $8 discount, not the developers points because we couldn't use the developers points in time.

BUT, I was just thinking :idea: that I could use 60 developers points in the timeframe. Could I have them give me the $8 discount on one of the 60-points contracts and get the developer points on the other?

(And I'd still get 120 '07 points, right?)

Thanks!

That is a question for your guide, as the offer applies to 100 or more points they may have to be on the same contract for the same offer to apply.

I'm in the process of having the paperwork drawn up for a 120 point AKV purchase. It will be divided into 2 60-point contracts.

We are getting the $8 discount, not the developers points because we couldn't use the developers points in time.

BUT, I was just thinking :idea: that I could use 60 developers points in the timeframe. Could I have them give me the $8 discount on one of the 60-points contracts and get the developer points on the other?

(And I'd still get 120 '07 points, right?)

Thanks!

Is this an add on? Just curious because we we bought into SSR we split our contracts and our guide told us in order to do that....we had to have at least 100 pts. per contract. I am not sure if that is because we did three or what. So we bought 300. We have three kids so eventually they will each have their own.

Denise

My understanding is it's one or the other per minimum, in this case 100 points. But it never hurts to ask.

Yes, it's an add on.

I have to mull this one over and decide whether I would want it enough to even ask my guide. . .they all seem a little frazzled down there over the AKV announcement and I wouldn't want to be the one to push him over the edge for 120 points!!!! :rolleyes1

Yes, it's an add on.

I have to mull this one over and decide whether I would want it enough to even ask my guide. . .they all seem a little frazzled down there over the AKV announcement and I wouldn't want to be the one to push him over the edge for 120 points!!!! :rolleyes1
If you can use a little over half the points you're likely better off with the developer points. For me, the discount was the better option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter