• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question re BLT 1 bedroom Std views

peaches0313

DIS Veteran
Are they on the 1st floor? Or can they be anywhere? We booked that today and my husband was wondering...Thanks!

They can be on any floor 1-5 although there are less per floor as you go up after floor 2.

We stayed in a 1BR standard view in July. We were on the third floor, facing the MK. (Looking at BLT, our balcony was the floor above the entrance overhang, first on the left.)

Amazing view of the park, the monorail, and the lagoon, despite being lower in the building. We were able to sit on the pullout beds in the living room, open the curtains, and watch wishes from the room. Our young girls LOVED being able to do that in their pajamas each night!

Considering the lower point value of the standard view, it was a very nice added bonus to have been placed there.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

We had a first floor on our first visit back in 09 and didn't care for it because of the window treatment issue (no shears). We saw people walking by that could see in too many times, so we had to keep the curtains closed and lost out on any natural light.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note2 using DISBoards

Wow CarpeDisney! Sounds like you got lucky! I hope we do,too... :) That sounds amazing as we will be traveling w/ 2 young girls as well...

Wow CarpeDisney! Sounds like you got lucky! I hope we do,too... :) That sounds amazing as we will be traveling w/ 2 young girls as well...

I was JUST saying that same thing!! I'm hoping we can request an outside room...we would at least have a view. Hoping to avoid an inside room. We're getting a One bedroom and Two studios for our family. Crossing our fingers ;)

We're DVC owners. We can request...but they don't promise. My experience with requesting has been positive...thus far ;)

soulmates said:
I was JUST saying that same thing!! I'm hoping we can request an outside room...we would at least have a view. Hoping to avoid an inside room. We're getting a One bedroom and Two studios for our family. Crossing our fingers ;)

We got lucky with that room assignment. The only request I placed for that reservation was to not have a ground floor room. (We travelled with a relative that grew up in NYC on that trip, and the thought of being on ground level without protective measures on the windows would have kept her awake all night.)

But since I am NOT the owner, and I am renting points, I can't request anything right? Just have to hope for a room not on the ground floor?

When we rent points, we've made requests with the owner (I.e, studios near each other) and they have noted that on the reservation

We have found that with little inventory in the standard category there is little point in most requests. When we have checked into studios in the past the front desk has offered to check for a different 1 at least a couple of times in the past. Most of the time they can offer 1 other possibility for check into and that is it (and we arrive by 10 am). I am normally told the 2 choices I have are the only ones emptying that day. With a standard view rookm you have at least a 20% chance of ending up on the ground floor. I would have to put it at a fairly high likelyhood that 1 of the 3 rooms might be on ground floor. Arriving early in the day is you best chance for not ending up on the ground floor.

When we rent points, we've made requests with the owner (I.e, studios near each other) and they have noted that on the reservation

I rented through an RCI owner in the past and, once I got the reservation number, I was able to log onto my "my disney experience" account, add the reservation, add tickets, check in, and request a room preference. It was really easy.

We stayed in a 1BR standard view in July. We were on the third floor, facing the MK. (Looking at BLT, our balcony was the floor above the entrance overhang, first on the left.)

Amazing view of the park, the monorail, and the lagoon, despite being lower in the building. We were able to sit on the pullout beds in the living room, open the curtains, and watch wishes from the room. Our young girls LOVED being able to do that in their pajamas each night!

Considering the lower point value of the standard view, it was a very nice added bonus to have been placed there.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

We had the exact same situation our first DVC stay. It was amazing! Actually if you opened the shutter to the master bath you could watch wishes while sitting in the Jacuzzi tub. You had a MK view and a Lake view all from the same room.

We had a standard 1 bedroom in Sept. I requested 1st floor marina side and got it. It was an awesome location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter