Question re Merchandise

Joanne UK

<font color=red>My favourite is Big Thunder Mounta
Hi,

This is probably aimed more at those of you who have recently come back from DLRP. My DD wants an Aladdin/Jasmine lunch box desperately - haven't seen any over here. Anyone seen any in the DLP shops that they can remember? If so I'll get her one next month when we go.

Thanks,
Joanne

Looked on e bay - none. She's probably got her heart set on something that doesnt even exist.

Try disneydirect.com. The merchandise comes from the US. You have to pay for the delivery and customs but it works out about the same as buying from Disney in the UK. I ordered princess sheets for my daughter as I decorated her room in the princess theme (including the princess canopy around her bed-lovely!!) and the sheets were unavailable in the UK. At the same time I got a lovely bargain. A beautiful hat box decorated with all the princesses with three wigs (snow white, cinderella and sleeping beauty) all for about $10 US. The box was worth that alone and the wigs really complete all her little princess outfits. The package arrived in 3 working days much to my amazement. I had ordered some princess stuff from companies in the UK that took 2 weeks to arrive. Anyways, it might be worth checking as there is a great selection.

With regards to ordering from the US ... were there any charges made by Customs? I am always worried about ordering something that seems to be a bargain and then being clobbered with Import Duties before it reaches me.

Thanks
Kit

Kitty - it depends. I've ordered lots of stuff from America and never once been hit with a customs fee but it's always a possibility.

My DH has had stuff (Star Wars) from America and got clobbered for customs duty several times. So you really need to factor this in just in case, I think :) but as I say so far I've been lucky :)

Kitty,

Yes I did get charged customs but I still felt the items were a good price and since I couldn't get them here in the Uk, I didn't mind paying the customs

Do you mind me asking how much Customs charge? Is it a percentage of the value that you order? Just so I know how much to have put by just in case ;) Do they contact you to let you know that there is sometime waiting for you and a fee to pay?

Sorry for asking daft questions its just something I've never quite got!

Kit

Hi Kitty,

I'm sorry I can not remember how much customs charge was as it was a long time ago but I'm it is a percentage of the cost. In fact I think disneydirect quoted it up front. (not 100% sure about that but fairly sure). Once again sorry but it was a long time ago.

Here is the link to the Customs website.

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channels...yType=document&resetCT=true&id=HMCE_CL_001454

You do get charged customs on delivery and postage charges as well as the charge for the item (which I think is very unfair). I got caught ordering some fleeces from the US. My items totalled about $158 and I got charged about £34 which was annoying but like Nicola said it was items I could not get in UK and still a good price even after the customs charge. I had to pay the Parcel force delivery man with a cheque before he could hand over the items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter