Question: Really late check-in (next morning) cancellation?

MamaKate

Simply meant to be...
So our flight got changed and is now a red-eye flight arriving in Orlando at 5:20am. I was going to add a day to the beginning of our stay at PBH but the same room type is not available. Since I'd have to change rooms anyway, I was thinking of booking 1-night at Surfside just so we can get a couple hours of sleep and shower before moving to PBH.

However, since we won't be arriving to the resort until around 6:30am, will the room be cancelled as a no show? I thought I read the system clears or refreshing early in the morning and your room will be released if you didn't check in. Not sure if that is correct, but I thought I'd check here before I book a room.

It would be nice to have a room for a few hours instead being extremely exhausted praying our PBH room is ready early...

Yes, if you don’t tell them you are coming in very late, they will charge you for that first night.

We checked in at 3:50 am at the Portofino due to multiple delays in our flight, but I called them twice to say we are coming in very late. They were very kind and has a room ready for us. I also, at a different stay, due to flight changes, tried to extend my stay by a night before, and leave a day earlier also at the Portofino. They were able to take the last night off with no change to my rates, but was unable to get me the night before. We had a before dawn flight coming, so we booked a night at CB and changed hotels at lunchtime. I also gave CB a call, 5 days out from check in, to say we would be very early checking in. They did have room ready for us, as was thankful, as we did take an afternoon nap.

That's good to know! I'll book the room and call to let them know. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter