Questions about Fast Passes

MrsPete

DIS Veteran
I understand you can pre-book only three Fast Passes, but which of these is true:

- You must use all three Fast Passes before you can go to a kiosk to register for more.
- You can hold three Fast Passes at any one time; thus, after you use the first Fast Pass (assuming time allows), you can go to a kiosk and pick up a third.

Once you are in the parks, must you use the kiosks in the parks, or can you register for more Fast Passes from your phone? The phone seems much more attractive because you could register while waiting in another line.

Is there an upper limit on how many Fast Passes you can have in a day?

Say you have a Magic Band -- I know they allow you access to the ride once your Fast Pass time arrives -- but does it show your Fast Pass times? If not, how do you keep track of your times?

Thanks, all!

This thread will help you

https://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-frequently-asked-questions.3491680/

-you must use all 3 or let them expire before you can go for a 4th FP. You don't have to prebook 3. You can book 1 or 2 if you want

-you can get FP's from a FP kiosk or your phone

-there's no limit. You can only prebook 3, then you can get as many more that day as long as fps are available

-the magic bands are just rubber, there's no screens or lights. You keep track of your FP's and FP time slots with the MDE app, which is the app you use to book FP's with

I understand you can pre-book only three Fast Passes, but which of these is true:

- You must use all three Fast Passes before you can go to a kiosk to register for more. True
- You can hold three Fast Passes at any one time; thus, after you use the first Fast Pass (assuming time allows), you can go to a kiosk and pick up a third. You have to use all of your pre-booked Fast passes before you can get more.

Once you are in the parks, must you use the kiosks in the parks, or can you register for more Fast Passes from your phone? The phone seems much more attractive because you could register while waiting in another line. If you have the Disney Experience app you can use your phone.

Is there an upper limit on how many Fast Passes you can have in a day? I don't know.

Say you have a Magic Band -- I know they allow you access to the ride once your Fast Pass time arrives -- but does it show your Fast Pass times? If not, how do you keep track of your times? You can use the Disney Experience app to keep track of your fastpasses. Your Magic Band has no way to show your times.

Thanks, all!

I would suggest reading the FastPass sticky on this thread to learn more.

-the magic bands are just rubber, there's no screens or lights. You keep track of your FP's and FP time slots with the MDE app, which is the app you use to book FP's with

Rumor has it that MB 3.0 will have a tiny electric shock stimulator built into it. When your FP+ window opens, you'll get zapped to remind you. :crazy:

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised if someday down the road the MBs evolve into something that has lights and some kind of a timer built into it. I'd have to think the technology already exists. So if you have a FP+ at 2:00pm, at 1:45pm a little yellow dot will light up, flash or something. Then at 2:00pm it turns green.

- You must use all three Fast Passes before you can go to a kiosk to register for more.
- You can hold three Fast Passes at any one time; thus, after you use the first Fast Pass (assuming time allows), you can go to a kiosk and pick up a third.

Once you are in the parks, must you use the kiosks in the parks, or can you register for more Fast Passes from your phone? The phone seems much more attractive because you could register while waiting in another line.

Is there an upper limit on how many Fast Passes you can have in a day?

Say you have a Magic Band -- I know they allow you access to the ride once your Fast Pass time arrives -- but does it show your Fast Pass times? If not, how do you keep track of your times?

Thanks, all!

You must use all three Fast Passes before you can get another one (OR, your unused fast pass must have expired). You do NOT Have to go to a Kiosk to get additional fast passes, you can add them by using the MDE app on your smart phone instead of going to the kiosk.

There isn't a limit as to how many additional ones you can get as far as I know.

The MB doesn't show you anything, bug you can keep track of your FP times by looking at the MDE app on your smart phone. I also write my FP return times for the day on an index card which I carry in my pocket for quick reference.

I find the app clunky and slow so I screen shot my fast passes then just look them in my photos. I find this much quicker than going through the app, though as others have said, you will want to use the app to make additional fast passes.

Thanks, all for the help. I have a better understanding now, and this may be the detail that convinces me to take my phone into the parks. I typically don't. The idea of being "zapped" when a Fast Pass time is approaching soon is not appealing; let's hope it's more like a vibration -- still, I'd rather see a light!

Again, thanks, y'all.

Okay, I came up with another question:

You can pick up Fast Pass #4 after you've used #3. Exactly when is #3 "used"? Is it used after you've "clicked your Magic Band" and lit up the Mickey head ... or is it used after you've finished the ride?

Okay, I came up with another question:

You can pick up Fast Pass #4 after you've used #3. Exactly when is #3 "used"? Is it used after you've "clicked your Magic Band" and lit up the Mickey head ... or is it used after you've finished the ride?

Once you've scanned at the entrance of the FP queue (or "lit up the Mickey head").

Once you've scanned at the entrance of the FP queue (or "lit up the Mickey head").

Once you "tap" a fastpass, you can go online and see if there is availability to move up your next one. For example, if you have PP at 10:00 and HM at 11:00, when you "tap" PP you can go in and try to modify your HM to a time before 11:00. Then try to modify your third. That way you can get to your 4th quicker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter