Questions about the Keys To The Kingdom Tour

justskip70003

why do i cry everytime i see wishes?
Hello,
We are going on 8 AM the Keys To The Kingdom tour at the end of May and have a few questions.
1. Is lunch during the tour or after?

2. Will Disney let us in the park before opening?

3. Will Main Street be empty for good pics?

4. I know some tours show the parade floats, does the 8 am tour show them?

Thank you in advance

We did the 8 am tour last week.

Lunch was at 10:30

The park early opened at 8:30 on the day we went. They didn't let us in early. Everyone got in at 7:45. I asked a couple of different cast members to be sure.

We got in with everyone else so you'd need to be near the front to get the empty look. We got the best empty pics on a different day when we were first at one of the tapstiles.

We got to see the floats parked in their warehouse.

The tour was done and out of the utilidors just before 1 so we were able to get the Tron 1pm drop.

So….If we are not staying at a Disney resort - we can still enter early to get to the 8 am tour correct? Just show our reservation- correct?

So….If we are not staying at a Disney resort - we can still enter early to get to the 8 am tour correct? Just show our reservation- correct?
They let EVERYONE into the park at 7:45am. When I did the tour 2 weeks ago, I was a bit frustrated as it clearly states to check in at least 15 minutes prior to your tour. I stayed at GF and was at the Monorail at 7:10am. I was told that the Monorail wouldn't be letting guest off until 7:30am so I had to wait about 4 trains before I get on. The walking path from GF to MK was closed at the time. When I got to MK I asked 3 different cast members that all said I had to get in the regular ticket lines to get in. Every line was about 20 parties deep when I got into a line. Years ago, they would have you line up in a different line if you had an early reservation.....tours, dining etc. By the time I got through the gate and over to Town Square it was about 7:55am. Hard to be on time if this is the process they are now using!

The tour was awesome....I definitely would do it again!

They let EVERYONE into the park at 7:45am. When I did the tour 2 weeks ago, I was a bit frustrated as it clearly states to check in at least 15 minutes prior to your tour. I stayed at GF and was at the Monorail at 7:10am. I was told that the Monorail wouldn't be letting guest off until 7:30am so I had to wait about 4 trains before I get on. The walking path from GF to MK was closed at the time. When I got to MK I asked 3 different cast members that all said I had to get in the regular ticket lines to get in. Every line was about 20 parties deep when I got into a line. Years ago, they would have you line up in a different line if you had an early reservation.....tours, dining etc. By the time I got through the gate and over to Town Square it was about 7:55am. Hard to be on time if this is the process they are now using!

The tour was awesome....I definitely would do it again!
We had a similar experience with our 8:00 tour. We were onsite but didn't want to take a chance with busses so we drove to TTC to ensure we were there early enough. We were first at the turnstiles at TTC, but the monorail wasn't running yet so we rushed to the ferry. Then there was a pretty long line at the entrance of MK and I was worried that we wouldn't make it! We also arrived about 7:55 and there was one group that arrived after us. A little stressful! but the rest of the tour was great!
Our lunch was during the tour at Pecos Bills (this was in 2021, so it may have changed!) They took our order when we checked in that morning so everything was waiting for us when we arrived at the restaurant. We did see the parade floats and a few characters coming and going from the parade route.

We did the 8 am tour last week.

Lunch was at 10:30

The park early opened at 8:30 on the day we went. They didn't let us in early. Everyone got in at 7:45. I asked a couple of different cast members to be sure.

We got in with everyone else so you'd need to be near the front to get the empty look. We got the best empty pics on a different day when we were first at one of the tapstiles.

We got to see the floats parked in their warehouse.

The tour was done and out of the utilidors just before 1 so we were able to get the Tron 1pm drop.
I did the tour in November and can confirm the same. Except I messed up at lunch and I guess there was a commemorative pin attached to my nameplate set at my seat. I didn't know and i did the tour by myself so I didn't have anyone to tell me. Also, the folks in my tour really kept to themselves and were not mingly at all. I felt very alone on the tour.

I digress....
1. Is lunch during the tour or after? Early, during the tour. You pick you meal in Town Square Theater in the morning. They have menus with photos and it was all Pecos Bill's. Not that great of a meal in my opinion.

2. Will Disney let us in the park before opening? Kind of. My tour was 8am and they let us in the gates around 7:55. We got to go around people waiting to rope drop and rode Jungle Cruise, exiting the ride right as they opened the park.

3. Will Main Street be empty for good pics? It was relatively empty when I was there and the first portion of the tour is on/about Main St.

4. I know some tours show the parade floats, does the 8 am tour show them? Sort of. The bulks of the backstage are was the street and outside the various float warehouses. We saw a couple but nothing spectacular or in action.

Is there anything provided for breakfast? How about a water bottle for the tour?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter