• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions on feeding animals at SW

TigerLaw

DIS Veteran
I will be going to SW w. my girlfriend on Sunday, Oct 20th. I am looking for some planning help with a couple quick feeding questions.

first, how far in advance will we need to line up to buy food for: a) the dolphins; b) the sea lions and c) the sting rays

second, does anyone know what the feeding times usually are (especially for the sea lions, which I have been told is not listed like with the dolphins and stingrays)

third, is it possible to find a place to take pics of my girlfriend feeding the animals-I think these could be some great pics!

finally, if anyone has some other tips or insights, I would love to hear them!

Thanks in advance for the help!

Stingray and sea lion food are sold continously throughout the day. They keep on selling them until the alloted amount is sold. The dolphin feeding times are at certain times during the day. I believe the times are posted in the food stand window.

As for photo taking at dolphin feeding, a good place is at the overhang under the underwater viewing area. You need a good zoom lens for it, though. You can try to stand next to her, but the area is usually very crowded, especially during feeding times. There are also Sea World photographers hanging around taking photos of people feeding the dolphins. You can get these photos for extra $.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter