Votes: 64 63.4%
  • 50's

Votes: 35 34.7%
  • Other...in comments

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters

MommaVail

Earning My Ears
Late Lunch / Early Dinner before 8pm Spectacular Dessert Party.

Have Dining Plan, will use if necessary.

What would you choose??

We enjoy both of the restaurants - but always made it to the Sci-Fi each trip for a meal and 50s PT for shakes - they have a bar area where you can order shakes to go - YUM!. Last year we ate at Sci Fi and something was off. The portions were small and not as tasty - we were so disappointed. If you never ate at the Sci Fi - it is a great experience. It is amazing how quiet it is in there. Also 50s PT is also a fun experience if you like the fooling around. We always had fun there. I hope that helps.

Love Sci-Fi - can't beat the theming. Great milkshakes - on DDP can have as drink or dessert - we like the cherry or vanilla comes old school style as drink. While I know some others don't love the food, but we have not had a bad meal. I like the shrimp pasta when on DDP, or burger if paying OOP.

I like them both but Sci-Fi is my favorite. We enjoy 50s Prime Time but I am not crazy about their menu. We usually go have a drink at the Tune In Lounge and dine at Sci-Fi.

I prefer sci-fi but agree with the reviews that I have seen that suggest keeping it simple and ordering a burger or sandwich (my shake was great also).

After the experience we had at 50s PrimeTime Sept 2017, it will be a long time before we waste money on that again. We've been several times over the last 20 years or so, and while the restaurant is still cute.... the food was bland and our server was actually NON-verbal. I don't mean she didn't joke with us about elbows on the table, etc., she did not speak a WORD to us other than "okay". So disappointing. We did have fun with the hula hoops outside while waiting to be seated however. Haven't been to Sci-Fi in awhile, I don't know. But I'm with PP who suggested Hollywood Brown Derby.

We just got back from Disney...
We ate at Primetime & LOVED it!
Marnie was our server - she was hilarious & so sweet. Our food was excellent & she made the experience awesome! (The peanut butter cake Ala mode = sooooo good!)
I put in a note about how wonderful she was.
I’ll be back there Sat & hope to see her!

Hollywood Brown Derby

After the experience we had at 50s PrimeTime Sept 2017, it will be a long time before we waste money on that again. We've been several times over the last 20 years or so, and while the restaurant is still cute.... the food was bland and our server was actually NON-verbal. I don't mean she didn't joke with us about elbows on the table, etc., she did not speak a WORD to us other than "okay". So disappointing. We did have fun with the hula hoops outside while waiting to be seated however. Haven't been to Sci-Fi in awhile, I don't know. But I'm with PP who suggested Hollywood Brown Derby.

A little more info... this day is my soon to be 8 yo son's bday... would you still recommend Hollywood Brown Derby? He's not really a fan of "real food". Eats lots of plain fruits and vegetables and an occasional corn dog, chicken nugget, french fry and pizza. Some sensory aversions to meat that I also had growing up. :sad2:

A little more info... this day is my soon to be 8 yo son's bday... would you still recommend Hollywood Brown Derby? He's not really a fan of "real food". Eats lots of plain fruits and vegetables and an occasional corn dog, chicken nugget, french fry and pizza. Some sensory aversions to meat that I also had growing up. :sad2:

Ohhh, in that case, probably not. I'm switching my vote to Sci Fi, just because it's cool looking, they have kid food and at 8 he's not going to appreciate all the vintage decor at 50s, which is (imo) the best thing about it now. Happy Birthday, Little Dude!

In that case I wouldn’t go there. Sci-fi may be your best option. I recommend looking at the menu and seeing what he may enjoy most. Good luck!!

Sci-fi is actually on the cheaper side of Disney restaurants, or at least it can be. I wouldn't use a dining plan point on it.

We like the restaurant, though the shakes aren't as good as 50's. The atmosphere is awesome, but seating can be awkward though. It's one of those places where the food is so-so but the atmosphere makes up for it.

My girls loved the Sci-Fi restaurant. Sitting in the cars, watching old movie clips, and getting a milkshake with their meals was a blast for them. We thought the meal was pretty good. Wasn't the best Disney food, wasn't the worst. Hollywood Studios doesn't have many options that seem to fit what we like and we were very happy with our choice. We have never eaten at 50's Primetime, but that is mostly due to the fact that we are not really antics people. My girls are pretty shy with people they do not know and I think the way the servers interact with you would make them a bit uncomfortable.

HBD is first, then SciFi.
I can't eat most of what is one the 50s menu, but it is a fun place

When its left up to me Sci-Fi which is my favorite restaurant in HS (to be honest thou in my office at home are 2 drive in speakers and several pictures of classic drive ins). When the girls choose the always opt for 50's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter