Quick trip

ck2d

Earning My Ears
Day 1
Monday night
After travelling all day I went to Trader Sam's for my first time. I thought it was super over rated. So tiny, which I'd heard but seeing it was a different thing all together. Also the construction made it hard to find. Mind you thanks to delays and reroutings this was after 14 hours sitting on planes and in airports so that might have affected me a bit. My drink was yummy.

Tuesday
I spent the morning at the pool. Best decision I made.
I had tickets to the Oogie Boogie Bash so at noon I wandered over to Downtown Disney. Not much going on there but Salt and Straw was delicious.
I went over to DCA as soon as my OBB tickets allowed. Now I know what it's like during that cross over period. But like child birth, you forget how bad it is. I wanted to wander through the park, saw that the line for Monster's Inc was 25 minutes so I popped in there. I stood in line there longer than for standby at Rise of the Resistance. It's tempting to go early for a Disney party to squeeze every minute out - don't do it!
Once the Bash started I got in line to see Oogie Boogie - he said he was adding me to his list.
I got to see the neon lights go on in Carsland.
I went on Mission Breakout twice over the course of the night.
I went on the swinging Pixar Pal-a-round and Midway Mania.
I watched the excellent work of Sid, Cruella, and Ernesto.
I watched the parade twice. I love this parade, I seriously think that was the reason I flew to California, to see that parade. It did not disappoint.
I ended my night walking through Villain's Grove.
I had a spectacular time. I can't recommend the Oogie Boogie Bash enough.

Wednesday - Disneyland
Based on my experience the day before, I decided to buy Genie Plus. Second best decision of the trip.
I did about 15 hours total so not quite the whole day.
At rope drop I did the Haunted Mansion on standby, then breakfast, then everything else:
Alice in Wonderland
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (G)
Disneyland Railroad - twice, to move around the park and to see all the vignettes
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage - my submarine leaked! It was like being in a light rain
Indiana Jones Adventure (G)
It's a Small World
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Mr Toad's Wild Ride
Pirates of the Carribean
Sailing Shop Columbia
Space Mountain (G)
Splash Mountain (G)
Rise of the Resistance
Storybook Land Canal Boats
Tiki Room
Watched the Halloween Screams Projections
Then another go on Haunted Mansion (G)
So that's 18 rides, 5 using Genie+. Without it there's no way I would have done so much, definitely worth the price. I wish i could have gone on more dark rides but the lines were too long.

Then Thursday I drove to Los Angeles to do Halloween Horror Nights (the Terror Tram was the stand out) and Friday I flew home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter