Rain During the Holiday Season

GoofyforDisney3

DIS Veteran
I just looked at the forecast again, so I can pack for our trip this coming week, and the one day they are calling for rain - possibly heavy and a thunderstorm on Thursday. During the other times I've been (spring, summer), when it rains the parks kind of clear out. Does that happen during this time of year? Obviously it won't help with the fast pass situation, but could it make the stand by lines better? What doesn't run in the rain at the different parks (specifically DS)? The day they are calling for the thunderstorm I have the JBJB dessert party planned so I know that will be moved inside, but will they still put the projection show on?

I'm trying to not allow this forecast to stress me out and make me anxious, but I'm envisioning all my nicely laid out plans going up in smoke and ruining my trip. (Yes, I said it. Please don't flame me for it. LOL)

Also, I'm one of those "I don't carry it if it doesn't fit into a pocket" kind of person and rain means ponchos and stuff. How much do the park ponchos cost? If I decide to tempt fate and not carry one with me I want to be prepared on cost. LOL

I can’t help you with your party question, but I think we paid somewhere around $10/poncho at MK in May. The child ones cost a little less than the adult ones and we got two of each.

While pricy, we have had Disney ponchos that have lasted for years. We only bought them in May because I forgot ours at the hotel.

If they rip while you are there, I also think they will still replace them for free which is great. They definitely used to, maybe someone can chime in about that.

I can’t help you with your party question, but I think we paid somewhere around $10/poncho at MK in May. The child ones cost a little less than the adult ones and we got two of each.

While pricy, we have had Disney ponchos that have lasted for years. We only bought them in May because I forgot ours at the hotel.

If they rip while you are there, I also think they will still replace them for free which is great. They definitely used to, maybe someone can chime in about that.

That is totally a doable price and worth not carrying a bag IMO. Thanks!

We just got back about a month ago and it rained hard one day. We brought plastic ponchos that we purchased at the dollar store. It was easy to throw them in a small backpack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter