Rainforest Safari club?

Just a reminder to play nice folks. :D
Remember we cant always tell a persons tone of voice online and sometimes well meant advice can come off sounding not as it was intended.
Lets keep it nice so the OP can gather more helpful information. ::yes::

Hi everybody.......Wow! A lot sure has happened since I posted my experience at the RFC in DTD. I was just trying to explain that the free appetizer (w/ club card) and VKL vouchers cannot be combined. I certainly didn't expect to start a debate about tipping. The VKL vouchers do include the tip ( not sure how much) with the items that are ordered. If my memory is correct we orderd about $10.00 worth of extra food/beverage items. Our waiter did not cause a BIG problem however he did make a fuss. It bothered me because he had ALLOWED us to receive the free appetizer. If he didn't know what to do he should have asked before giving me the OK. I imagine that the manager was upset with him for the mistake. My point was that I left a very good tip inspite of the situation. Hope that helps to clear things up.

Kelly

I've read a lot of threads regarding use of vouchers and tips, and I do wish that it was clearer that the vouchers INCLUDE tax and tip - and a nice tip, too. I waited table for 10 years, and I would have traded the 'whatever I feel like giving you' tips for a guaranteed 15% or 18% anytime.

The reason that some servers really work hard to make sure that you get the most expensive things on the menu when you use vouchers is that they are tipped out on the final bill (the voucher portion) - so it's in their best interests to jack the bill as high as it can go. The OP's server may have had to eat the cost of the appetizer he incorrectly gave to the OP (maybe, maybe not - it depends on the restaurant).

And I think that one of the reasons that some servers get pissy when vouchers come out is that they are tired of seeing so much food go to waste. For instance, I had a long conversation with a server at Beaches and Cream last time I went, and he told me that the staff there was VERY happy when the Kitchen Sink was removed from the vouchers. He told me that tables would come in and order one for each person, no matter what their server tried to tell them, and of course, they would mostly just get left. A huge waste, and a fiscal burden that was NOT expected, but to WDW's credit, they honored the requests until the new voucher year. And I've read many many posts where the overriding theme was 'look at how much we got, we couldn't eat half of it, but what a bargain!'. Of course, it's legit, but having worked in the industry, I can see that it gets old after a while.

Not that the OP ordered too much food - frankly, I have 3 teenagers, and there's no such thing as too much food in MY house! I do understand what the OP was saying - I'm just responding to subsequent posts.

KC:earsgirl:

KCMiller...... Actually I am the OP and I never even asked about food or vouchers in my original question. But this thing has taken on a life of it's own!

I agree that it is terrible to let alot of that food just go to waste. However we have never eaten with the vouchers anywhere but when we do eat at Rainforest and each order our own meal there is food that goes to waste then too. With the vouchers people can split one voucher and less food will go to waste. I am getting ready to order some vouchers for the 1st time and only plan to order 2vkl and 6 Q&C vouchers. Since we will be there 9 days we won't be using them very often. :D

What I'm hoping by using the vouchers is to save money at the RFC. My guess is, with some kind of shrimp app for the ds 12, another app for me, and the lobster/steak combos split 3 ways between the ds 17, the dd15 and my dh, we'll all end up happy. And the kids can have the voucher drinks - I'm going right for a happy little cocktail :teeth: !

Isn't it funny how a thread can start out in one direction, then just merrily roll right off the tracks?

OP, you sound like a neat lady!

KC:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter