• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ralph Brennan's recipe

Susie63

Dreamin' of Disney
Several years ago, the chef at RB's was kind enough to send me the recipe for the garlic cheese bread. We made it quite a bit, but it fell off the rotation. I know that a lot of garlic was slow poached in olive oil, but no ratio's or anything else. Now it has been requested for a birthday dinner and I can't find it anywhere. Anyone have the recipe please?

I found recipes like theluckyrabbit included above but I also saw an old review of the bread with a picture and it appeared to have some gooey stuff inside? Anyway, I didn't have any luck finding a recipe that matched the review/picture I saw of RBJK cheesy garlic bread. Here's the link to that review https://www.theepisodiceater.com/ralph-brennans-jazz-kitchen-anaheim-ca/
Those photos are interesting! The garlic bread looks more like a cheese (mozzarella -- maybe other cheeses added?) stuffed garlic focaccia. Kind of like this: https://iamhomesteader.com/focaccia-cheesy-garlic-bread/

This recipe makes 4 orders.

1 c. garlic puree (see below)
1 4"x16" loaf ciabatta bread
16 1" slices fresh mozzarella
16 basil leaves washed
2 oz. of garlic oil
3 lemons cut in quarters
4 12" wooden skewers
1 tbs. chopped parsley

Garlic puree*
2 c peeled garlic cloves
1 c. Olive oil
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
S&P to taste
Place garlic and oil in heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat till garlic is golden brown. Remove garlic from oil, reserve and cool. Puree garlic and oil to a smooth paste. Add red pepper flakes and S&P

Roasted garlic oil*
4 oz. olive oil
2 oz. chopped garlic
2 oz. fresh chopped parsley
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes

Slice ciabatta in half lengthways. Slice each half into 10 pieces. Brush the slices with garlic puree. Starting with bread place 1 each of mozzarella and basil until 5 pieces of bread are used. Skewer and brush top with remaining puree. Place on sheet pan and cook in a 425°oven until cheese has melted. Bread should be crispy and hot throughout. Place bread on serving dish and garnish with lemon wedges. Ladle 1 oz. of garlic oil over the top and around plate. Sprinkle with chopped parsley right before serving.

Last edited:
This recipe makes 4 orders.

1 c. garlic puree (see below)
1 4"x16" loaf ciabatta bread
16 1" slices fresh mozzarella
16 basil leaves washed
2 oz. of garlic oil
3 lemons cut in quarters
4 12" wooden skewers
1 tbs. chopped parsley

Garlic puree

2 c peeled garlic cloves
1 c. Olive oil
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
S&P to taste
Place garlic and oil in heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat till garlic is golden brown. Remove garlic from oil, reserve and cool. Puree garlic and oil to a smooth paste. Add red pepper flakes and S&P

Slice ciabatta in half lengthways. Slice each half into 10 pieces. Brush the slices with garlic puree. Starting with bread place 1 each of mozzarella and basil until 5 pieces of bread are used. Skewer and brush top with remaining puree. Place on sheet pan and cook in a 425°oven until cheese has melted. Bread should be crispy and hot throughout. Place bread on serving dish and garnish with lemon wedges. Ladle 1 oz. of garlic oil over the top and around plate. Sprinkle with chopped parsley right before serving.
Thank you!!

I'm adding a picture of the original bread in this recipe (I linked it earlier in the thread).

I'm confused about the directions. I get that you cut the loaf in half lenthwise, and then each half is cut into 5 pieces for a total of 10. I think it's saying to sort of reassemble them into a loaf, layering each bottom slice with garlic puree, add mozzarella and basil, and then I'm unclear. Do you skewer each top slice to the bottom, brushing it with the garlic puree? And does that mean you brush the top (crust) or the inside?

Please report back if you try this recipe!! Thanks to all!

RBJK garlic bread pic.JPG

Last edited:
Hooray! Can you post it here?
Done.
Thank you!!

I'm adding a picture of the original bread in this recipe (I linked it earlier in the thread).

I'm confused about the directions. I get that you cut the loaf in half lenthwise, and then each half is cut into 5 pieces for a total of 10. I think it's saying to sort of reassemble them into a loaf, layering each bottom slice with garlic puree, add mozzarella and basil, and then I'm unclear. Do you skewer each top slice to the bottom, brushing it with the garlic puree? And does that mean you brush the top (crust) or the inside?

Please report back if you try this recipe!! Thanks to all!

View attachment 796479

Yeah the directions are a little confusing. There weren't any skewers when we got ours. Since this recipe is for 4 orders, I am just going to use a small ciabatta and cut slices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter