• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Random rant

I spend way too much time on the DIS boards so clearly this is where I want to vent.

I’m currently on a train in Germany.

A couple had a first class ticket but they were not given a seat assignment. Someone came and said that’s my seat, and when they refused to move they got the conductor. The people spoke limited German. The problem was the man was blind and could not safely walk through the moving train cars. Conductor was unmoved so finally a woman with the toddler gave up her seat (next to them) so that the blind man wouldn’t fall. Frankly the other people - not yet seated - should have said “ok” and sat together in the next car where they wanted to put the blind man, but that would have been too logical.

Conductor was super rude and dismissive about it. “I’m sorry he’s blind but it doesn’t matter. He has to walk to the next car.”

It’s one of those experiences when one can be right (it was the people’s seats that had the reservation) but still be wrong in insisting they take them instead of having a bit of humanity and compassion for the situation. He almost fell just crossing the aisle. No way could he have walked through a moving train.

And in the vein of no good deed goes unpunished (sarcastic) - a suitcase just fell off the overhead area and landed on the toddler’s head. He is crying hysterically but she doesn’t seem to be freaking out. I feel so sorry for her/them though.

By the way, the couple in the wrong seat just got off. So literally we are talking about 20 minutes of waiting if you insisted on YOUR seat to be a decent human being.

This is not like an airplane where the seats are better or worse than others. They are just random first class European train seats.

I hate people sometimes.

Must be karma because our train - which was running perfectly - ended up having an hour and a half delay due to “people on the track” after the blind man got off!

How hard is it to be a decent person???

Rant over.

I feel you! That is why I finally left the hospitality industry. A lot of people are just not nice and don't care about anyone but themselves. They don't see the big picture. Kind of sad. Hope your trip goes better! And yes, I believe in karma, it may take a while, but it definitely comes around (for good, too!).

This will be a great story to tell over the years, when you're not on vacation in EUROPE.
Focus on enjoy the NOW.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter