Random thoughts about deployment

Yes. You'll find that's a recurring pattern, particularly when he comes home on leave about halfway through or so. Consider yourself his secretary -- DO NOT overschedule his travel during leave, and DO NOT allow family to persuade you to do it. If they want to see him on leave, THEY need to come to you, and for a specific, designated period of time.

I'm already his secretary. lol And without really knowing it, yes, I've been guarding his time.

I really cannot believe his mother said she wouldn't come up here because it would be winter. WTH? She's quite able to travel. She'll be doing another cruise in between now & then.

I like her & we get along well, but this surprised me for sure.

I really cannot believe his mother said she wouldn't come up here because it would be winter. WTH? She's quite able to travel. She'll be doing another cruise in between now & then.
Its called denial-if she ignores it will go away. If you think this is hard or scary for you -it doesnt compare to what it is for her-he is her child. But the way a lot of people deal with it is to simply pretend its not going to happen-and that it isnt happening-my in laws are good about not doing this-but my father in law was in the Navy and did 3 tours in Vietnam-so its a different case. My own family just did not live in the real world at all-the first deployment my father says-before mike leaves we need to get you moved home-i was like-hello-i have a very good job, a house and a kid in high school-what are you thinking? After that-they simply acted like it wasnt happening.
This will-in all honesty-be one of the hardest things you deal with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter