#Rant - What is going on with all the turnover at Dis Weddings????

JustBusiness

Mouseketeer
Have been incredibly busy with working, and planning an out of state wedding, but we just received a third e-mail from Disney Weddings with ANOTHER person leaving just prior to our wedding. So far we've lost:

1) Our wedding planner
2) Our wedding planning assistant
3) Our florist

This is highly unimpressive. Does Dis underpay these employees? Why are they so anxious to get up and leave? I realize they are probably just rotating and moving up in the organization, but all 3 people we met on our planning trip are GONE! We won't see a familiar face at our wedding at all.....

Oh my goodness!
I'm new here... so please forgive me for asking. How long ago did you start to plan your wedding? What's the time frame for the turnover?

We are 6 months out and only just signed our contract. - You have me a wee bit worried :sad1:

Does Dis underpay these employees?

Yes, yes they do. I don't know how much they make doing weddings but I'm familiar with other cast member positions pay rates and they are all quite low. They probably are just moving on to better things, or their internships have ended.

DH use to work for DIS and depending on the position they move their employees around every so often... his was yearly may just be that all 3 of them started at the same time... that really does suck though

Have been incredibly busy with working, and planning an out of state wedding, but we just received a third e-mail from Disney Weddings with ANOTHER person leaving just prior to our wedding. So far we've lost:

1) Our wedding planner
3) Our florist

This is highly unimpressive. Does Dis underpay these employees? Why are they so anxious to get up and leave? I realize they are probably just rotating and moving up in the organization, but all 3 people we met on our planning trip are GONE! We won't see a familiar face at our wedding at all.....

Not to worry - Your wedding will be wonderful!

Don't fret. There wasn't a familiar face at our wedding either, but that's simply because we didn't get a face to face planning session - which is pretty common.

So long as the new people work just as hard for you as the old ones did you won't have any problems at all!

We're in the same boat - I'm guessing we had the same planner and florist. I think I'm more worried that our BEO still isn't 100% correct and we're only 3 weeks away at this point (probably due to everyone leaving)...but I'm sure everything is going to turn out fine.

We're in the same boat - I'm guessing we had the same planner and florist. I think I'm more worried that our BEO still isn't 100% correct and we're only 3 weeks away at this point (probably due to everyone leaving)...but I'm sure everything is going to turn out fine.

Our BEO isn't accurate yet either! We have a call with our old planner and new planner on Friday, and hope it will be a smooth transition. My fiance was freaking out about it yesterday, but she's calmed down.

We started our planning in August with a site visit, and then our planning trip was over Valentines day weekend this year.

Is there anyone to express our displeasure with the wedding staff turnover that might help make a difference? Their management probably changes all the time too.

OH well, I'm not too worried, I know the event will be fine, but it doesn't leave much peace of mind with all of these changes.

Yes, yes they do. I don't know how much they make doing weddings but I'm familiar with other cast member positions pay rates and they are all quite low. They probably are just moving on to better things, or their internships have ended.

I was just going to post this. Cast Members usually make the minimum for whatever job they are doing. Not sure if it applies to the DFTW crew, but it does to the other areas of the company.

Our BEO isn't accurate yet either! We have a call with our old planner and new planner on Friday, and hope it will be a smooth transition. My fiance was freaking out about it yesterday, but she's calmed down.

We started our planning in August with a site visit, and then our planning trip was over Valentines day weekend this year.

Is there anyone to express our displeasure with the wedding staff turnover that might help make a difference? Their management probably changes all the time too.

OH well, I'm not too worried, I know the event will be fine, but it doesn't leave much peace of mind with all of these changes.

Hmm. I didn't think about it that way. Come to think of it -- I would be upset, too. What's the point taking the time to do a planning session that involves getting to know who you're working with if they're not going to be there? I think you're owed another planning session! ;)

Working at DFTW is no different than working at any other job. Of course people are going to take promotions, leave the company or transfer to a new position just as what happens in any other company. Shortly after my wedding, I found out our planner transferred to another part of the company doing other types of events because she was just ready for something different.
It's just an unfortunate coincidence that you have had to switch all 3 main people but DFTW is not going to sacrifice the quality or service of anyone's wedding amidst all of the changes in personnel. I have no doubt all of the new people you will work with will do everything to make your wedding as wonderful as the others would have. :thumbsup2

1) Our wedding planner
3) Our florist

I just posted something very similar to this in my PJ earlier today! We have lost:
1) Our wedding planner
2) Our wedding planning assistant (and I never have heard from a new one:confused3)
3) Our florist (a few days ago and out wedding is June 6)
4) Our room block manager

I couldn't agree with you more! I am paying a fortune for my wedding and although I am sure everything will flow smoothly, I can't help but feeling slightly annoyed with the constant emails that I have yet again had another change!

Do you know why you lost them? My friend recently "lost" her planner because she is going out on maternity leave. I think there was a very legitimate reason for why she "lost" some others to but I can't remember.

I am sure your wedding will still be perfect. Our planner was at our wedding but a different one at our lunch and none at our dessert party. There were TONS of Disney staff at all 3 events and it all went smooth. I was very impressed with the amount of staff.

But just think, you have gotten 3 new people who are clearly much more devoted to their jobs! Maybe this is a good thing!

The turnover isn't a new thing. I was married in 2007 and I ended up with a different planner. I also remember quite a few girls had the same thing happened to them. I pretty sure that the pay isn't great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter