Rapport de Voyage: A WDW Local Goes to DLP (Also London and Efteling) UPDATED Day 1 Complete 12/22

Eh... no. Sorry! Yesterday the temperature dropped a lot, it was just miserable out here in NL today. But I'm sure you'll have loads of fun!
Cold and a weekday... Efteling should be quiet on Tuesday :)

We're leaving from Pennsylvania which was about 22 degrees Fahrenheit the past two days. So Netherlands might be an improvement.

I’m going to miss you at DLP by one day! We are spending some time with relatives in Vernon now, today touring Paris, Normandy on Wednesday, and an American Thanksgiving meal on Thursday. Friday and Saturday we are driving to Phantasialand - one of my 3 most bucket listed theme parks in the world - then up to Plopsaland De Panne on Sunday, then spending Monday at DLP. Fly back to my study abroad semester in Jerusalem on Tuesday. (We know it’s a crazy schedule!) If I have any miracle tips from the day before, I’ll let you know! Never been to WDW but spent LOTS of time at DLR all growing up. Have a great trip! Let us know how Efteling is - wish I could have swung it on this trip but it didn’t make the cut - Ride to Happiness at Plopsaland just looks too good lol

We're back! I'm going to start writing the report in a few days. We didn't have any major travel issues and we did get to see most of the things on our list.

My major impression is: so glad to be going back to the Florida weather. So tired of walking around in the cold.

Efteling was very empty and wonderful, loved it.

Enjoyed England a lot, but driving around the countryside was not easy for us. Also really enjoyed London, it was cold walking around but I think a lot of the touristy sites were pretty empty, so that was nice.

DLP was more crowded than I would have hoped, but we still really loved the park and think it has some of the best versions of Disney attractions. You'll have to stay tuned to find out which ones.

I’m going to miss you at DLP by one day! We are spending some time with relatives in Vernon now, today touring Paris, Normandy on Wednesday, and an American Thanksgiving meal on Thursday. Friday and Saturday we are driving to Phantasialand - one of my 3 most bucket listed theme parks in the world - then up to Plopsaland De Panne on Sunday, then spending Monday at DLP. Fly back to my study abroad semester in Jerusalem on Tuesday. (We know it’s a crazy schedule!) If I have any miracle tips from the day before, I’ll let you know! Never been to WDW but spent LOTS of time at DLR all growing up. Have a great trip! Let us know how Efteling is - wish I could have swung it on this trip but it didn’t make the cut - Ride to Happiness at Plopsaland just looks too good lol

I know all about crazy schedules. How did your trip go? How was Phantasialand? Does that one need to go on my list?

You HAVE TO DO Efteling. It was sooooo nice. We missed some big things due to going in the off season like the nighttime fountain show and their Cirque du Soleil type show. We are already thinking of going back.

Did you think DLP was crowded? How was your day there?

I was last week in DLP, Friday/Saturday and it was busy on Saturday. Much busier than we had expected. At a certain point the Princess Pavillion reported 180 minutes waiting time. But I expected that to be because of maybe a princess who called in sick and the amount of people with a DAS pass and interest in characters was extreme. Meeting Mickey took 90 minutes instead of the posted 60 because people with DAS were let in first.

Hello! And welcome to my trip report. I am here to tell the story, and Rizzo is here for the food.

My name is not Charles Dickens, but I did visit the city that he likes to write about. I am probably a little too obsessed with The Muppet Christmas Carol. And I will be your narrator on this journey.

1670531610101.png

Once again, here is our itinerary going into the trip:

Sun Nov 20 depart Pittsburgh Airport
Mon Nov 21 arrive Schiphol Airport, go into Amsterdam for food and Van Gogh museum, then back to hotel to rent car and head to Efteling
Tue Nov 22 Efteling
Wed Nov 23 Leave on earliest flight to Heathrow. Stonehenge, Bath and spend the night in Bourton on the Water.
Thursday Nov 24 Bourton on the Water, Cotswolds, Diddly Squat Farm, return car and check into London hotel.
Fri Nov 25 British Museum
Sat Nov 26 day of sightseeing around city
Sun Nov 27 later start Harry Potter WB Studio Tour
Mon Nov 28 sightsee around the city. My Neighbor Totoro 7 pm
Tues Nov 29 Leave by train for Paris, check into DLP hotel Sequoia Lodge
Wed Nov 30 DLP
Thurs Dec 1 DLP
Fri Dec 2 depart Paris airport for home

Since this is primarily a DLP forum, I am going to go ahead and jump forward in time to the DLP portion. For those of you who are interested, I will then go back in time to report on the rest of the trip. But I'll just fast forward to the DLP parts for now.

1670532127674.png

Just to get some details out of the way. May 28 I booked a reservation through the French DLP site. It was the best rate I could find. I do know quite a bit of French, and what I couldn't translate I just had Google translate the page to English. I had spent about a month checking all the different country sites to get an idea of prices. For those of you not aware, the different countries' DLP sites oftentimes have different rates for the same exact items.

Anyway, I had booked through the French site and got Sequoia Lodge for 3 nights. I booked a package so we automatically had 4 day park hopper tickets, sadly, we didn't use the 4th day but I didn't see anything that could be done about that.

We did pay for photopass. I had heard there was a lack of photographers to be found (totally true), but I at least wanted the attraction photos.

I also paid for Disney Express luggage (more on that in a bit) and the airport transfer bus to leave DLP and go to Charles de Gaulle airport.

For anyone wondering about costs, when I booked photopass was 75 E, express luggage 30 E and the airport bus transfer was 46 E for 2 people.

At the time of booking, I only had to pay a small deposit which was refundable up to a short time before the trip. I also discovered that booking through the French site gave me the longest in which to pay off my balance. If I had booked through the US site my balance would have been due way sooner, and a bit sooner with the UK site.

I really didn't do as much research as I should have before the trip. I did download the DLP app, and I followed a couple people on twitter and instagram. But I was going in somewhat blind. I did make 3 table service reservations, one for each day. According to my email, I made the reservations on August 14. I don't think I booked as early as I could, I didn't realize I wasn't logged into the app. If you do have a hotel booking, you are able to book earlier than the rest of people, though I feel like the actual number of dates before your trip that you can first book seems debatable and no one is quite sure of the exact time frame. I would just keep checking the app to see if you can book, and make sure you are logged in.

My apologies, I don't have many pictures for this first installment, but trust me, I will make up for it later. I liked to keep my phone away and not take too many pictures in airports or train stations, and today was a very travel heavy day.

We had booked tickets on Eurostar for the train that left London St Pancras at 6:01 am (just couldn't take off at 6 on the dot, could they?) and arrived at Paris Gare du Nord at 9:17 am.

We were staying at the hub by Premier Inn Tower Bridge hotel in downtown London, which I'll talk about later when I go back in time. Eurostar recommended getting there about 60-90 minutes in advance, we had coach tickets so we were supposed to have boarded by 5:30 which is when gates close.

Since we absolutely did not want to miss our train, we were packed up the night before and woke up at 3 and we were out the door a bit before 3:30 am. The underground wasn't running at this time, so we grabbed an uber. It only cost $12 before tip and there was plenty of availability and our driver was very good.

We entered the station and got into a somewhat long line. They opened up security shortly after we arrived and we were through in about 15 minutes and waiting at the gate.

The gate area was ok, but it was pretty crowded and there were only two shops to grab breakfast and the lines were very long. Luckily, we had picked something up at a Tesco the night before to snack on while we waited.

The gates opened up at 5:30 and we quickly found our assigned seats. The train wasn't full by any means and looks like lots of people were seat hopping, probably looking for emptier areas.

After we got going Brian went to grab us some breakfast sandwiches from the food court, they were pretty good and the cost was reasonable. I pretty much zonked out for most of the trip, which was sorely needed.

My biggest disappointment with the train is that I was looking forward to seeing out the window. First, it was dark for most of our trip, and they kept the lights on in the car the whole time. Wish they would have dimmed the lights like the airlines do. So we couldn't really see anything out the window until right before we arrived.

So we arrived a little bit early and were quickly off the train. We were taking the RER to the DLP station: Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy. We needed to buy our tickets at the train station and had a bit of trouble doing so. We found the right kiosk but couldn't find the station. We got in line at the ticket counter but realized they only took cash and we didn't have any euros. We went back to the kiosk and found the right station, it was in a list under 'tourist destinations'. Go figure.

Once we reached the platform we only had to wait a few minutes for a train. It was pretty crammed inside so we Tetris'ed ourselves and our luggage into two seats and waited as the train slowly emptied out.

We arrived at the last stop and stumbled out of the train. I knew we had the Express Luggage option, where we should be able to drop our bags at the counter, pick up our park tickets, and go straight to the parks.

I could not remember where the counter was and couldn't find the info online. Brian finally found it and there was a paragraph that said the service was not available to people who took the RER train, which I thought was very confusing but we were tired and cold and decided to just go to the hotel.

We waited an aggravatingly long time for the Sequoia Lodge bus, we saw numerous buses for each hotel until ours came. It was packed with people coming into the park for the day. We should have just walked but we didn't realize just how close the hotel was.

Once on the bus it was a short drive to the hotel. It was kind of weird going through security in the front of the hotel, because we never had to go through it coming into the hotel from the back way coming back from the parks.

We waited in a short line for the front desk. I explained our situation to the front desk CM, that we had paid for the luggage express but couldn't find it and she about gave me a panic attack saying we needed to go back, that the CM at the counter had all our stuff. I calmed down a bit when she said she could still give us our room key, we would just need to stop by to get our photopass and park tickets. Which was fine, I had just thought for a moment we had to lug all our stuff back. I had thought we'd be there sooner than we were, and we'd been up since 3 am and I was about to have a meltdown. So glad that we could get into our room, we headed off to drop our bags.

We were on the second floor in room 2304. I thought it was a nice location and a short walk to the lobby.

1670537240713.png

1670537249766.png

1670537257599.png

1670537265344.png

Our view:

1670537276637.png

1670537284128.png

It was 11:40 by this time and I had thought we'd be in the parks way earlier in the day so I was ready to go.

We geared up in our winter clothes and set out for the Express Luggage counter and the parks.

I have tickets for Strange World, so it's time to stop writing for now.

Next up: the parks!

I know all about crazy schedules. How did your trip go? How was Phantasialand? Does that one need to go on my list?

You HAVE TO DO Efteling. It was sooooo nice. We missed some big things due to going in the off season like the nighttime fountain show and their Cirque du Soleil type show. We are already thinking of going back.

Did you think DLP was crowded? How was your day there?
The trip was epic! Phantasialand was the absolute best theme park I've ever been to, period. I put up a long post about it in the Disneyland forum, but man... yes put it on the list. Get out there like yesterday. INSANE.

Efteling is definitely on the list lol. Someday I'll visit Europe and do a more proper Theme Park tour - there are so many places I want to hit.

DLP wasn't too crowded. It felt like a "slow Disney parks day" - in other words, still plenty busy, but not crushingly busy. Never waited longer than 35 minutes, and that was for Thunder mountain. Access passed Crush. Got 1-4 rides on every major ride. 2 on Phantom Manor, 4 on Thunder Mountain, 2 on Pirates, 3 on Rattitoulie, 2 on Tower, 2 on Flight Force, 2 on Web Slingers. (Lots of others, those were the multi-rides) Phantom Manor was incredible - by far the best attraction there. So so so good. Haunted mansion, but with a chilling soundtrack, some story to tie it all together, more modern effects, and a darker but refined feel to it. Loved it. My personal favorite ride I think. Thunder Mountain is also awesome. Each scene of their pirates on its own is definitely better than ours in California, but I don't think the story flows as well as ours does. Maybe thats just my nostalgia. It was excellent and much more impressive than ours was. Rattitoullie also fit very well there. After spending a day in Paris and eating at the restaurants there riding the ride just felt like it fit so well in paris. Single rider was awesome. did it when the line was out the entrance and waited 20 mins. Came back in the evening and walked on twice. Really really fun ride. Maybe it's not the greatest thing ever, but very fun for what it is. I can see how WDW fans are disappointed though - it fits well in Studios where everything is just kinda a small ride that you just do, but in WDW where every ride is such an event I can see how it would be a bit of a letdown. There was so much detail and storytelling in DLP that I just couldn't soak in. Their frontierland is so impressive, and I only got to walk past all the adventure aisle (I think that's the name??) stuff. Wish I could have explored more. Maybe someday I'll be back! (Honeymoon Road trip through Europe might be a good idea... just gotta talk to the girl ;P)

The rooms look nice and big. And I love the windows and that view! Cant wait to read more. Hope you will copy your report over to our other group.

So we were off to the parks!

Looks like there are little chunks of ice in the water here, which I don't think was far off. We had high temps in the mid 40s for our visit, though most of the time it was low 40s and high 30s.

1671485865861.png

1671485883143.png

Grabbed some shots of the Marvel hotel as we walked by:

1671485904258.png

Below is a very rough map that I copied and marked up. Our hotel was D, with the arrow. B is Marvel. We walked along the path by the water (see red marker line below), went by Marvel hotel, then through Disney Village until we reached the esplanade between the two parks. We are pretty fast walkers and I don't think it ever took us more than 10 minutes to get from the parks to the hotel and vice versa.

1671486098535.png

You went through security a bit beyond the Marvel hotel, and that was the only security you'd have to do unless you accidentally exited Disney Village near the train station.

As it turned out, we needed to exit on purpose since we had to go to the Express counter to get our Photopass and park tickets. We did find it easily enough this time. The poor CM was confused as to why we didn't have any luggage but handed us our little packet. We were back through security and ready to enter!

Please see our very underwhelming park entry pic below.

1671486302643.png

It was very foggy this day, which made for some pretty cool pictures.

1671486340880.png

This hotel would be pretty cool to stay at one day, though I imagine the DLP theme park view rooms are crazy expensive.

We were quickly inside and stopped at the first gift shop we saw that allowed us to exchange our photopass voucher. We received a card we'd need to get scanned at each photo location.

My first impression was that it was weird that you didn't see the train station when outside the park, but it was the first thing you saw when you entered and then you still needed to pass underneath. So it was almost like a little contained entry courtyard.

Once under the train station, we got our first glimpse of Christmas and 30th decorations:

1671486439600.png

1671486488276.png

Then we were met with a little parade! Just to welcome us! How lovely.

Just kidding, it was the 'It's Time to Shine', which was just a mini parade/cavalcade like we have at WDW that had one float and some characters.

1671486524097.png

I'll include this next picture here because I think it sums up our day perfectly:

1671486689091.png

Brian looks more than half asleep and I look loopy. Which is basically the truth. I think we'd had about 3 hours of sleep the night before and it was freezing.

Last edited:
So, we were at a brand new Disney park. We were tired and loopy and cold.

What did we think??

Main Street was very beautiful. The decorations were great, the tree was nicely decorated and the gazebo next to the tree had matching decorations. The gas lamps were great. Loved everything about it. And the castle was very elegant.

But it was hard to stop and smell the roses because we wanted to get on some attractions!

We both love POTC, so we decided that was going to be our first attraction.

1671486972997.png

Yep! That's right, that is not POTC. Rather, we got lost and ended up at Phantom Manor, and we couldn't resist.

We waited about 10 minutes. It was fantastic hearing Vincent Price narrate, he seems like such a natural choice for the job.

I love this whole attraction, it was so eerie. A lot spookier than any other HM. I wonder if the French needed to dial up the macabre aspect because they're used to crypts underneath Paris and all that. I also really enjoyed the spooky music. Also, if we're comparing icons and such the Phantom definitely beats out the Hatbox Ghost for me.

Here was our view when we exited the attraction:

1671487153614.png

We continued on our journey to POTC.

1671487205529.png

OK yep, not POTC again. We are character maniacs and Jafar didn't have that long of line, so of course we had to stop.

Character interactions really are top notch at DLP. I'm not sure if it's because they aren't sweltering (since it's freezing) but all the characters were much livelier and we had great interactions with all of them.

But anyway, I digress, we were headed to POTC:

1671487303072.png

OK yeah, we were both really hungry and figured we should eat something small ahead of our 4 pm Pym's reservation. I've heard not so great things about CS food lines, but I guess we were eating at an off time because we had our shared fish and chips after a couple minute wait. There was a CM gate keeping the seating, making sure that you had food and then directing you to a table. Which was fine, I'd rather have that than not be able to find a seat.

1671487364237.png

1671487384412.png

1671487373493.png

This food was AMAZINGLY delicious. Was it the lack of sleep? The fact that we were frozen and just happy to be inside? It's anyone's guess, but we really enjoyed the food.

We ate quickly and then we continued on...

1671487479270.png

We made it!!

We had about a 20 minute wait, which wouldn't have bothered me except part of it was outside. I was really, really over the cold by now. There is a reason we moved to Orlando (besides Disney, of course).

Spoiler: Brian and I both decided this was our fav version of POTC. We've only been to the US parks, just for reference. But it was fantastic.

Redd even has a different outfit here:

1671487558712.png

and the donkey are also like, 50% fluffier here:

1671487642132.png

So I'm not sure if it's because I just copy and paste my pictures into the boards, but it will only let my post 10 per post. So here we are again.

1671487851669.png

1671487737102.jpeg

There we are in the back, I am getting Mike Wazowki'ed. Which is a common problem when you're only 5'3.

Also, getting your attraction photopass pics in DLP is totally annoying. You have to go to the display screen area, find your picture, memorize your number, then go to the counter. Where you usually have to wait, then you tell the attendant your number, whereas they need to click in no less than like, 10 different spots. Then they will scan your card's barcode and you're finally done.

We decided that we had time to see the 3 pm Let's Sing Christmas! before we needed to head over to Studios for our early dinner. We made it into line about 20 minutes ahead of time. I really appreciate the Jules Verne type theme that half of Discoveryland had. I wish it all looked like this.

1671488512406.png

We were some of the last to make it into the show. Though I did think this show area was odd, you could also see/listen if you were eating at the CS in the other party of the space.

We were all the way off to the left side, but we were lucky to have made it in and we were fine with our seats. I thought the quality of the 4 singers was really top notch, and it was fun to see all the characters. However, I do think this is a show you could skip, as some of DLP's other shows are much better.

1671488645269.png

1671488667474.png

1671488683595.png

1671488697824.png

1671488714909.png

1671488732930.png

As usual, for those who know me, Donald was my favorite part.

At the very end of the show, a dad in the front row put his young daughter (maybe 2?) up on the stage and she took off like a shot for the characters at the back of the stage. Minnie very expertly grabbed her hand and walked her back up to the front of the stage, where a CM was waiting.

I was pretty shocked by this, the dad obviously put her up there and maybe even coached her to run to the characters. Does this type of thing happen pretty often in DLP or was this a very odd situation? Wish I would have got it on video, could have had a viral TikTok.

I don't think this show lasted that long, I think maybe 12 minutes? I do know that we had plans to catch the daytime Christmas parade as we left the park for the Studios, so that is where we headed next.

The trip was epic! Phantasialand was the absolute best theme park I've ever been to, period. I put up a long post about it in the Disneyland forum, but man... yes put it on the list. Get out there like yesterday. INSANE.

Efteling is definitely on the list lol. Someday I'll visit Europe and do a more proper Theme Park tour - there are so many places I want to hit.

DLP wasn't too crowded. It felt like a "slow Disney parks day" - in other words, still plenty busy, but not crushingly busy. Never waited longer than 35 minutes, and that was for Thunder mountain. Access passed Crush. Got 1-4 rides on every major ride. 2 on Phantom Manor, 4 on Thunder Mountain, 2 on Pirates, 3 on Rattitoulie, 2 on Tower, 2 on Flight Force, 2 on Web Slingers. (Lots of others, those were the multi-rides) Phantom Manor was incredible - by far the best attraction there. So so so good. Haunted mansion, but with a chilling soundtrack, some story to tie it all together, more modern effects, and a darker but refined feel to it. Loved it. My personal favorite ride I think. Thunder Mountain is also awesome. Each scene of their pirates on its own is definitely better than ours in California, but I don't think the story flows as well as ours does. Maybe thats just my nostalgia. It was excellent and much more impressive than ours was. Rattitoullie also fit very well there. After spending a day in Paris and eating at the restaurants there riding the ride just felt like it fit so well in paris. Single rider was awesome. did it when the line was out the entrance and waited 20 mins. Came back in the evening and walked on twice. Really really fun ride. Maybe it's not the greatest thing ever, but very fun for what it is. I can see how WDW fans are disappointed though - it fits well in Studios where everything is just kinda a small ride that you just do, but in WDW where every ride is such an event I can see how it would be a bit of a letdown. There was so much detail and storytelling in DLP that I just couldn't soak in. Their frontierland is so impressive, and I only got to walk past all the adventure aisle (I think that's the name??) stuff. Wish I could have explored more. Maybe someday I'll be back! (Honeymoon Road trip through Europe might be a good idea... just gotta talk to the girl ;P)

I'm going to go read your post. I kind of felt the same about Efteling, that it was amazing. I think sometimes it's nice just to branch out and do different well themed parks other than Disney.

I agree with Phantom Manor, I read about the attraction story in more depth and love it even more. So creep.y

Brian and I both loved DLP's POTC.

Honeymoon road trip sounds fantastic!

We made it over to the foggy castle about 10 minutes before the start of the parade.

1671645253397.png

1671645291636.png

1671645277335.png

I was so excited to see the nephews. We don't really get to see them in the US parks, and I do love me some Duck Tales:

1671645331352.png

There was a very confusing moment where we thought the parade was skipping right past us. We were on the right hand side looking at the castle, and the parade went the oppose way around the hub and we though it would just continue right down on Main Street and bypass us. A lot of people around us thought that too because people were getting upset.

But then...the parade looped back around until it fully encircled the hub and it paused for at least a good 5 minutes while characters got down from the floats and came to the center of the hub. It was very confusing for us US park people, but I actually thought that was a nice way to do it.

Also, look at little Duffy in the bucket on the float:

1671645446226.png

1671645475491.png

1671645486301.png

1671645502643.png

1671645515254.png

More rare characters for us:

1671645544529.png

1671645564059.png

1671645581878.png

1671645595864.png

1671645613244.png

1671646351618.png

1671646377741.png

1671646385245.png

1671646444395.png

1671646409767.png

I really enjoyed this parade. After the initial confusion, I liked the path and how they stopped for a bit to do some interactions and dance routines. It was a nice way to expand the length of the parade.

It is not my favorite Christmas parade, that honor actually belongs to US Florida's Christmas parade, but I did enjoy this one a lot and was looking forward to seeing it a nighttime for a different experience.

Attachments

• 1671645612540.png
    1671645612540.png
    656.4 KB · Views: 0
It was finally time to head out for our 4:15 Pym's Kitchen reservation.

1671646564392.png

The DLP parks are like DL, you simple walk a very short ways across an esplanade type area and you're inside the other park. Something I did think was odd is that you had to physically show your park ticket to a CM before you scanned in at the park. I'm not sure what they were looking for or what the quick glimpse confirmed.

1671646623285.png

My first impression of Studios is that it was a weird park. You enter, then walk across a large courtyard and then have to enter a giant warehouse type building. So far as I could see, there wasn't a way around going through the building (though maybe there is and I just didn't see it).

It's almost like they are making you walk through another Disney Village, as you walk by a big gift shop on the left and an interconnected CS restaurant on the right. I also cannot express my disappointment upon learning that Hep Cat was not an actual tiki bar. Much sadness was had on my part.

Our reservation was for 4:15 and we got in line around 4:10, after speed walking through a brisk into tour to WD Studios park. People in line kept getting turned away, so I assume only people with reservations were being seated. Which was kind of odd since there were a lot of empty tables throughout our entire dining experience.

After we checked in at 4:20 we were seated immediately and received a giant pretzel:

1671646914641.png

I appreciated the condiment holders:

1671646930811.png

Our waitress knew that we spoke English, but she let us know her English wasn't that good and that she preferred French. I had studied French in high school and college and kept it up with Duolingo these past few years, so I was pretty excited to see if I could communicate with her. And I actually did! Even more complex phrases like letting her know at one point that I didn't have the credit cards and that Brian would be back in a minute and I could give her the card to pay then.

I did try to speak to the pasta server in French, and he immediately recognized that I was an English speaker and switched to English. This was kind of a trend, I don't believe any CM did it out of disrespect for me and my use of their language or out of malice. I think they were all just trying to be helpful, which was nice. But I actually might have liked to have been challenged a bit and forced to use more of my French.

We also had a scary moment during dinner where a manager came up to us and somehow had two of our credit cards. I am not sure if they fell out of Brian's pocket or how they even know how to find us. Maybe they had a seating chart with guests names on them who had reservations? But I'm very glad we got those cards back. Could have been a disaster.

Anyway, here are a couple pictures of my plates of food.

1671647328243.png

1671647335190.png

1671647343671.png

I am still a bit confused on the pricing and whether non alcoholic drinks were included in the price of the buffet, but we paid 90 euros for the two of us. Brian had a coke and I had an orange Fanta without sugar, which I actually liked a lot and I had it several other times and I miss it.

I didn't take any pictures of the buffet area since I was still feeling a bit timid in new surroundings where people spoke another language. Don't ask me what that has to do with not taking buffet pictures, I think I just didn't want to stand out.

Brian and I both thought the food was pretty good, I love French style green beans and think they are a lot better than the US ones. French style green beans, to me, seem a lot skinner and smaller than their US counterpart. We used to be able to find frozen French green beans in Austin, TX but haven't found them since we moved.

The black and white dessert was both of our favorites. I think it was some sort of Oreo inspired dessert.

Long story short, I do remember a couple food items that were large and small, but not really that many. They did have little burger sliders in the shape of a giant burger. Overall, I thought the food was good. It did seem pricey, but it is Disney prices so 45 Euros each for a non-alcoholic drink and buffet really wasn't that bad, especially since we did not have to tip.

So far as atmosphere went (which is a big reason why I booked the restaurants I picked), I did like the small touches at the table like the beaker condiment holders and the large pretzel. But other than that, the atmosphere was kind of unremarkable, so I wouldn't eat there just for the atmosphere. We did, overall, enjoy the experience. Food was pretty good and atmosphere had small, good touches but was overall underwhelming.

We ended up only spending a little over an hour in there. It was buffet so we went at our own pace.

We did discover that the bathroom was shared with the CS restaurant, so I did grab a picture of the Iron Man Hulkbuster armor suit that was there:

1671648365726.png

By the time we got out of there it was almost 6 o'clock. We peeked around Avengers Campus a bit, but we wanted to go over to DLP to watch the nighttime show which was at 8 pm, so we headed out of Studios.

1671649025964.png

Last edited:
We re-entered DL at 6. It was beautifully dark and foggy. We were really wiped out and freezing at this point. Even though I wanted to stick around for the night show, it was still 2 hours away and we made the call to take in the decorations on Main Street and around the castle, then call it a night. So enjoy our little picture stroll up to the castle and back.

1671649298234.png

1671649309115.png

1671649316113.png

1671649324663.png

1671649334400.png

1671649345821.png

1671649356457.png

1671649369022.png

1671649401601.png

1671649431334.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter