Rate my dining Reservations; any advice??

ski070880

Earning My Ears
We will be arriving Nov 6 and leaving Nov 13. There will be a group of 8 of us, 4 adults, 1 disney adult and 9,8,3 year old children. We will be doing a split stay with the Poly Nov 6-9 and Yacht Club 9-13, we will be staying club level at both resorts. We will also have Deluxe Dinning Plan The days I have 2 reservations for dinner are where the weather can factor in and we will be canceling once we get closer. We still have credits to use, so we do have flexibility.

Nov 6:
Spirit of Aloha 5:15PM
Chef Mickey 5 PM

Nov 7:
Ohanna with Lilo and Stitch 10 AM
Mama Melrose 3:05 (fantasmic pkg)

Nov 8:
Crystal Palace 8:05 AM
Cinderella Royal Table 5:15 PM

Nov 9:
1900 Park Fair 10:30AM
Yachtsman Steakhouse 5:30
Spirit of Aloha 8 PM

Nov 10:
Akershus Royal Banquet 9:25
Le Cellier 2:30

Nov 11:
Cape May 9:20
Hollywood and Vine 3:35 (fantasmic)

Nov 12:
San Angel Inn 1PM
Hoop-dee-do 7:15

Nov 13: Do not know flight times yet
Planet Hollywood 11:45

Any Advise?? We went to Disney about 5 years ago, so most of the kids do not remeber it.

We will be arriving Nov 6 and leaving Nov 13. There will be a group of 8 of us, 4 adults, 1 disney adult and 9,8,3 year old children. We will be doing a split stay with the Poly Nov 6-9 and Yacht Club 9-13, we will be staying club level at both resorts. We will also have Deluxe Dinning Plan The days I have 2 reservations for dinner are where the weather can factor in and we will be canceling once we get closer. We still have credits to use, so we do have flexibility.

Nov 6:
Spirit of Aloha 5:15PM
Chef Mickey 5 PM

Nov 7:
Ohanna with Lilo and Stitch 10 AM
Mama Melrose 3:05 (fantasmic pkg)

Nov 8:
Crystal Palace 8:05 AM
Cinderella Royal Table 5:15 PM

Nov 9:
1900 Park Fair 10:30AM
Yachtsman Steakhouse 5:30
Spirit of Aloha 8 PM

Nov 10:
Akershus Royal Banquet 9:25
Le Cellier 2:30

Nov 11:
Cape May 9:20
Hollywood and Vine 3:35 (fantasmic)

Nov 12:
San Angel Inn 1PM
Hoop-dee-do 7:15

Nov 13: Do not know flight times yet
Planet Hollywood 11:45

Any Advise?? We went to Disney about 5 years ago, so most of the kids do not remeber it.

but I would skip Hollywood & Vine. We've eaten there twice & the first time was ok, the second time was God-awful - noisy, crowded, kids running amuck (Hm, doesn't like crowds or noisy kids but goes to WDW every year :confused3) very poor service. I do see that you're getting the Fantasmic package with H & V but you already have one earlier with Mama Melrose, a much better choice IMHO. I'd go to Sci-Fi or 50's Primetime & take my chances with the crowds for the 2nd time around. Both are fun dining experiences for adults and kids. Or, if you really want a 2nd package, go with Brown Derby.

Wow Club Level AND DxDDP - that's a lot of food!! Have a great time!

but I would skip Hollywood & Vine. We've eaten there twice & the first time was ok, the second time was God-awful - noisy, crowded, kids running amuck (Hm, doesn't like crowds or noisy kids but goes to WDW every year :confused3) very poor service. I do see that you're getting the Fantasmic package with H & V but you already have one earlier with Mama Melrose, a much better choice IMHO. I'd go to Sci-Fi or 50's Primetime & take my chances with the crowds for the 2nd time around. Both are fun dining experiences for adults and kids.

Wow Club Level AND DxDDP - that's a lot of food!! Have a great time!

Totally agree with you. Hollywood & Vine is one of two Disney restaurants you could NOT pay us to eat at again (the other being Whispering Canyon). Bad service, worse food and a filthy restaurant.

Totally agree with you. Hollywood & Vine is one of two Disney restaurants you could NOT pay us to eat at again (the other being Whispering Canyon). Bad service, worse food and a filthy restaurant.

we had a terrific meal and experience at Whispering Canyons. DH is not much of a join in kind of guy but Deputy Doug had him rolling in the aisles!! He spent so much time at our table and "got" DH & DS time after time with his antics. We also, apparently one of the few, loved the skillet, especially the pork - fabulous!! Just no accounting for taste is there?!?

we had a terrific meal and experience at Whispering Canyons. DH is not much of a join in kind of guy but Deputy Doug had him rolling in the aisles!! He spent so much time at our table and "got" DH & DS time after time with his antics. We also, apparently one of the few, loved the skillet, especially the pork - fabulous!! Just no accounting for taste is there?!?

There was absolutely NO entertainment going on when we were there for dinner (I understand it all depends on who is working that night) -- no pony races, no big "ketchup" or "fork"; we heard one singing of happy birthday and it was very quiet. This made no difference to us -- whether it was entertaining or not; but the food was awful and my husband got sick on the ribs and/or chicken (the only things I didn't eat).

Our first experience at Whispering Canyon (Jan '08) was amazing ...wonderful service, food and entertainment...so funny! So much of a good time was had that we HAD to book there in Sept '09 to share the experience with our friends who came to Disney with us. The entertainment was still good, but this trip the food declined BIG TIME! I was very dissapointed. Don't think I'd do WC again.

A few new measl we did on the trip were Ohana and Biergarten, and Teppan Edo....all very fun with our large party!

Have fun on your trip, we (my teen son and I) are staying BC Club Level in August with the Deluxe dining plan.... trying to figure out our credits so that we get the best use out of them without overdoing the food aspect. It is a lot of food, but nothing says we have to eat EVERYTHING the plan offers! Moderation will be my motto....but will enjoy some of the better dining experiences this trip!

:goodvibes

Breakfast at H & V was fun and good..but never ate lunch/dinner there. I can say that Primetime & Brown Derby are good.

You might want to reconsider getting the Deluxe Dining Plan and staying Club Level. As someone else said that is going to be a lot of food and a lot of time spent eating. Since you say that you will have extra credits to play with maybe you should drop to the regular plan. Even with the 2TS options you have listed, it may be cheaper paying OOP than paying for Deluxe, especially with young ones that may not eat that much.

I agree with dropping H&V. We would never go back there after trying it two times. If I was going to see Fantasmic with the plan at MM, I wouldn't book another package. If I wanted to see Fantasmic again, I would go with the general seating. Prime Time and the Sci-Fi are fun options.

I also think some of your meals are close together. For example the Royal Banquet at 9:25am\Le Cellier at 2:30pm and San Angel at 1pm\HDDR at 7:15pm. You might not be seated right away for your meals with a large party. If that is the case for the earlier meal, your party might not be very hungry for the second meal of the day.

I would also drop Planet Hollywood.

Hope that helps!

Another vote for dropping PH:eek:. I would suggest lunch at Raglan Road or Wolfgang Puck Cafe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter