Ray's Starlight mobile ordering & Tony's Town Square Dinner Review, 1/9/2021

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
Hi Everyone,

On Saturday January 9th we had park reservations and I was lucky enough to get a table service ADR at the last minute... just the 2 of us...

Here's some quick overall thoughts of MK... It was a beautiful day, very crisp and windy, jackets and jeans were required. Everyone was masked up, and the CM were doing a great job reminding people to keep it in place... DH and I both thought the park was busier than it had been since the last time we were at MK... You could feel the excitement in the air... Pixie Dust away, pixiedust: and there were several Cavalcades that we got to see... I most likely am in the minority here, I really like the Cavalcades, for us it just a nice break to see and then move on to the next stop... and it is so much easier standing as they go by... than... trying to stand for the whole parade..

Alrighty... First up

Ray's Starlight Cafe, Mobile ordering...

So it went something like this... Scan, open, would not connect tried twice.... with DH's phone... So I pulled out my phone, as I have a Disney account with CC on file... Scan, connect and Yay we could see the menu... ordered, not accepted... tried again, ordered not accepted, Third time a charm... Yay... on to payment, payment type not found... What... so I asked a CM, she said did you get a order number... Nope... okay standing here in line here... then I was watching my phone, and all of sudden a number order came and screen came up... Yay... Ask the CM, okay.. that great, the system gets over loaded so now you have to head over there to wait till the whole screen turns purple. So over we go to wait... our time was between 12 and 12:30... 12:07 the screen turned all purple... so they directed us to the proper bay. We showed the CM our order number on the phone... she got our food, and I asked for the pickles and onions we ordered, the CM gave me the go to the devil look, and check our receipt, and basically tossed them on the tray. So off we went to find a table inside, which we were very lucky and found one and enjoyed Sonny Eclipse, We have so many memories here, it a special place for us...

Our food was barely warm, and we were hungry so we just ate it, the fries were hotter than the burger so at least that was a big plus... The bars that use to hold lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms and onions, now are stocked with condiments, and napkins... Which made it nice to be able to get what you want quickly... Our drinks were a bit watered-down.. On the way out I realized that I forgot to take some med's, so I went back to the same bay and asked for a drink refill or a cup of water, and the same CM just mumbles something, and I could not hear her....I apologized for not hearing her, and repeated myself, and she yelled NO!... so I walked off...
You ever have that moment when it just really hits you wrong, I wasn't upset about not being able to get a drink, I was upset about how she spoke to me, and acted well.... Just plain Rude... well as we were walking out... There was several CM's standing there, and I asked if one of them was a manager, and this lovely CM named Allie said she was, and she was awesome sauce for sure, I explained what happened, and then she explained that because of covid and such they can't do refills which I totally understand, Really I should have thought about it, and we were in Disney mode, and just did not think about all the this mess with Covid. Still that does not give the CM to be outright rude.. I'm a local, and AP, so I will be back.
She (Allie) told me that she ( the CM) should of explained that to me, and offered me water which I would have been good with, then she asked what we were drinking, went and got us a refill, and some kind of pastry ( which was very good and DH who really isn't a pastry guy loved it ... It was unexpected, and so much appreciated... I would have been fine with a cup of water, to take my med's with, or even just a polite no and this is why kinda thing... Allie went above and beyond...in true Disney fashion..

Overall - DH and I did not like mobile ordering, I think that once more QS's open up, that it will take some relief off of the few that are opened...I think that we might just do the carts for snacks, and then one TS for a meal...

Up Next Tony Town Square

While this spot normally does not get alot Love ... We truly enjoyed our meal, from Start to finish, and our Server Michael was on point, and gets a A++ from us...

Our Starters
We decide to split the fried mozzarella - little bite size piece's of heaven... so good... and for us was shareable...

Main Entree - We went with the Specials -
DH - it was a trio of Chicken Parm, Spaghetti and Meatballs (1 very large meatball), and Fettuccine Alfredo - and DH was delighted by each dish. His favorite was the Chicken Parm, that one of his favorite meals... he added in a couple of Peroni's beers... and it was 2 thumbs up..
Myself - I went with the Salmon and Polenta - it was topped with spinach and sun dried tomatoes - This was a real treat, my meal was perfect, the fish was cooked perfectly, light, flaky, and very moist, the polenta was very creamy and flavorful, the spinach and sun dried tomatoes were seasoned properly, and cooked down just enough, that they brought the whole dish together.... the chef that made this dish, really knew what he was doing... For me a glass of Muscato wine, nice true pour... very light and slightly sweet, paired well with my dish...
We skipped dessert.. we just could not eat another bite...
Michael our server, did a great job, keep our water glasses full, and took very good care of us... Outstanding !!!

We will be back here for sure...

Last edited:
Tony's is perhaps the worst TS I have ever had. It's been a few years now but I always stay far away from that place. However you said "does not get a lot of love" so you obviously know it's reputation. I am glad of course that your experience was good, I just can't help but comment when I see it mentioned. :-)

Our party of nine all agreed that Tony’s was our best meal during our trip last year, and we had table service dinners ten times that trip. It’s like most restaurants - it depends when you are there and who’s serving and working the kitchen that day. So we would definitely go back!

Tony's is perhaps the worst TS I have ever had. It's been a few years now but I always stay far away from that place. However you said "does not get a lot of love" so you obviously know it's reputation. I am glad of course that your experience was good, I just can't help but comment when I see it mentioned. :-)

DH and I always try to give each place at least 2 chances, before totally just dropping them to the bottom of the list... The only place we have ever done this was at Bongos... we could not find one thing that was salvageable from our dinner there. Just terrible from start to finish...

For a while Tony's hasn't gotten any love, and while some of it was reviews keeping us away, some of it was just all the new places opening and meeting friends for dinner and such it just fell by the way side... You might want to think about trying it again, you might want to think about giving it another chance... sometimes things might surprise you...

As always this is why I love this board, everyone can post their thoughts, and its up to the reader to choose...

Tonys gets a lot of hate on here but we really like it. We have eaten there 3 years in a row for the parade package which was a great value on the dining plan. We always really enjoy our meal there !

Our party of nine all agreed that Tony’s was our best meal during our trip last year, and we had table service dinners ten times that trip. It’s like most restaurants - it depends when you are there and who’s serving and working the kitchen that day. So we would definitely go back!

Same here - went went to Tony's in 2019 and it was pretty bland and just so-so, but tried it again a couple months ago and everything was excellent and we'd definitely go back.

Some more love for Tony’s. I have never had a bad meal there. I was there in 2015–good food, lousy service. 2017 was an outstanding meal with my daughter. Back again in 2019 in February and December. Both wonderful meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter