Re-ticketing Unused Airline Tickets

scanne

<font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears
My family and I have 6 unused tickets on USAirways from 10/01 and 12/01. When I called I was told that these tickets cannot be re-issued because it has been more than a year. What I want to try to do (and I can't do this until Monday) is to call the accounting department and see if they will issue a credit for the tickets so that we can use the credit for tickets this summer. What is the likelihood that I will be able to do this??? Any advice is welcome!!!! Thank you!

If they are non refundable restricted tickets, I would not bother.
You have to use tickets that are unused within one year.
You may get lucky, but, with USAir's financial problems I doubt it.
Good luck.

I second Gail's comments. They put an expiration date on them for a reason.

If you are a Preferred frequent flyer with US Airways you might have a chance.

I have been told by US that they need to go by the letter of the law when talking to customers on the phone. They might be more lenient at the airport. They told me if they did something they would be doing me a big favor. You might try that.

I am gold preferred with US and got that answer recently.

I very much doubt it. But, I suppose you could go to one of their ticket offices, and speak to someone there. I know when we used a flight voucher from old tickets, we had to go to the airport to get them issued. They were under a year old, though. :)

Here in PA USAirways closed their ticket offices. I would check and see if there is any in your state. The best bet would be the airport not during rush hour.

You did not say how much the tickets were for but the reuse fee is a minimum of $100 a ticket. I don't think you will be real successful. Airlines have clamped down on this and they just are not as flexible as they used to be.

Good Luck...but I agree with the other posters...the time limit on unused tickets is 1 yr...and then you also have to pay the $100 fee change plus any increase in airfare....

Any updates on this?

There was a spot on the morning news about canceling USAirways tickets (non-refundable). You must now rebook new flights before the date of original departure or they are worthless.

I had USAir tickets for a Nov/Dec '01 trip to WDW, and, after 9/11, my husband refused to fly. I just recently turned them into tickets to Indianapolis (got back yesterday), and it cost about $40 each. It was my understanding that because of 9/11, the one year deadline was extended. I did go to an airport ticket counter. Good luck!

Good Luck, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

My neighbor works as a FA on USAir and she said that basically, it's like holding a ticket to a play or a baseball game, if you don't show up it is your loss. I think they are well covered with the expiration date.

pin
remember the magic
DVC/BCvs 2002

Happy, I don't know when you reticketed, but you got lucky. Any 9/11 grace period on most of the major airlines has long since expired. They are getting really tough on changes etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter