Read in DDP post Hurricane Hanna bar no fresh mixed drinks, can only

Llama mama

DIS Veteran
Someone posted they ordered a QS meal from Walk up bar at Hurricane Hanna. The only alcoholic drink option was canned alcohol. They were not able to order a fresh mixed drink with their burger.
Can anyone confirm this?

I’d also be interested in the answer to this if anyone knows?

Thanks - I suspect that’s the post the OP was referring to. Trying to figure out if it’s just the freshly made cocktails that are unavailable or if you also can’t get a draft beer.

Hello!
Any more information about this? We have purchased the dining plan and the description on the Disney website says clearly you can order a mixed drink with a meal. I am very confused why they would not allow you to do this. Do all pool bars only allow canned beer and bottled wine??

A single-serving alcoholic beverage includes items such as:

• Beer or Cider
  • Wine or Sangria
  • Mixed Drinks and Specialty Cocktails

Hello!
Any more information about this? We have purchased the dining plan and the description on the Disney website says clearly you can order a mixed drink with a meal. I am very confused why they would not allow you to do this. Do all pool bars only allow canned beer and bottled wine??

A single-serving alcoholic beverage includes items such as:

• Beer or Cider
  • Wine or Sangria
  • Mixed Drinks and Specialty Cocktails
You might receive more responses to your question on the Yacht/Beach Club thread on the resort board:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-yacht-beach-club-resorts-information-questions.3400342/

Someone posted they ordered a QS meal from Walk up bar at Hurricane Hanna. The only alcoholic drink option was canned alcohol. They were not able to order a fresh mixed drink with their burger.
Can anyone confirm this?
I can't confirm/deny this but the bar and the QSR are 2 different places. To get a mixed drink or one of the slushy type drinks you order from the bartender. It's not something you can even order from the QSR. Your quick meal credit requires a single purchase from a single location, not something pieced together from different locations. That is likely why they were restricted to the HH menu items. In the past though you could order food and drinks from a cocktail server who went around the pool so I'm not sure if that would work or how it would be billed since bars/lounges take a table service credit. It's easy enough to ask prior to making an order though.

I can't confirm/deny this but the bar and the QSR are 2 different places. To get a mixed drink or one of the slushy type drinks you order from the bartender. It's not something you can even order from the QSR. Your quick meal credit requires a single purchase from a single location, not something pieced together from different locations. That is likely why they were restricted to the HH menu items. In the past though you could order food and drinks from a cocktail server who went around the pool so I'm not sure if that would work or how it would be billed since bars/lounges take a table service credit. It's easy enough to ask prior to making an order though.
Ok but how would I know that it is 2 different places when the menu online lists everything under one. Hard to know which rules to abide by.

Each location is a profit center and negotiate with the DDP on individual items, so some items might be excluded. Terms of Dining Plan regarding beverages ~

Where "beverage" is included for Table-Service and Quick-Service meals Guests may choose ONE of the following: all canned and bottled single serving non-alcoholic beverages, any size single service fountain soda, all single size non-alcoholic specialty beverages (such as smoothies, milkshakes, frozen coffees, slushes). One beverage per meal. Guests 21 and older may substitute for beer, wine, mixed drink or cocktail. Such selection will include most of the total offering of beer, wine or mixed drink or cocktail available at the location. Some beverages will be excluded. Novelty or souvenir cups are not included.

Ok but how would I know that it is 2 different places when the menu online lists everything under one. Hard to know which rules to abide by.
You will need to ask. I ordered a burger fries along with a frozen beverage at the oasis pool bar and was able to use a quick service credit. They did not have a separate quick service window open at that time because it was a chilly evening. Sounds like hurricane Hannah may be similar to geyser point with the bar being totally separate from the quick service.

I was able to order a mixed drink- I actually ordered a cosmopolitan- from the pool bar at GF in February. It was part of my counter service credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter