READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are doing fingerprints this morning since this moving slowish. Hope I’m tapped in by 6:52 so I don’t run into any issues.

just being willing to be outdoors this early when it is this cold should guarantee a BG.
Im glad the opening has been moved back to 7 next week, we will be trying Friday and possibly Saturday if Friday doesn’t go well.
last time I went they were still doing First come first serve BGs.

just being willing to be outdoors this early when it is this cold should guarantee a BG.
Im glad the opening has been moved back to 7 next week, we will be trying Friday and possibly Saturday if Friday doesn’t go well.
I'm happy about it too. We are doing something similar, we had a MK day planned Saturday since we weren't supposed to arrive until noon. An opportunity presented to fly in on Friday so we're going to try for Saturday morning, Sunday, and then Monday morning as a backup if any of the weekend doesn't work out.

For me from home it switched to saying backups at 7:09, but it didn’t give me the pop up saying it would be a backup group at that time.

In line for Starbucks. We got to the gates at about 5:35. So we were in the front. They used iPads instead of the tapping things. I got nervous when at 7, the join boarding group button didn’t light up. So I did my status and then joined that way. Also I turned off WiFi.
Used my iPhone XR on Verizon data. Had full bars at the store right at the front of the park where there ears, magic bands, etc.

Random Thought: What is the impact of multiple attempts to secure a BG from the same account, those 'practicing' how to joining a BG at the same time, guest starting the process but fail to complete correctly, CMs trying to secure, etc. all at 7 AM ET? Maybe it explains some randomness in the securing of BGs if the system 'holds' those (similar to FPs) until the server request times out. Hmmmm.

Anyways, back to Lurking and reading every single post until July.

I’m very confident that it doesn’t hold your place until you select a party, because it can’t know how many spots to hold until you do. And you can’t finish selecting a party if you don’t have a ticket.

How do you know what “official” Disney time is, I.e., when the boarding groups open up? Is it nearly in sync with your phone’s time? Perhaps that slight variations may explain why some people appear to be getting in a few seconds “early” or “late” than what their phones say.
Some people have suggested standing by a FastPass return clock. Others have suggested using your phone; I have a T-Mobile Phone and a Verizon phone, both use the local network to set the time (which is the default on any modern phone), and both change time in absolute perfect lockstep; if there’s a difference between the times they keep I can’t perceive it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter