READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would want to arrive at least 30 minutes or more before scheduled park opening ( up to an hour) just to assure you are in the park a few minutes before scheduled opening. Traffic, bus schedules, long lines at security checkin, and at the park entry tapstiles can slow your entry. So it’s good to get there early. Everyone that wants to ride must be inside the park in order for you to get a boarding group. On average you will likely be allowed into the park about a half hour early, then held on Hollywood Blvd. The boarding group process on the Ap will open at scheduled opening and seconds matter if you want an early boarding group and all regular boarding groups will be assigned rather quickly.
Thank you!! WOW!! I thought booking fastpasses was crazy LOL

Hi folks! Long time Disney fan here, though this will be my first time to the parks since GE opened. I'm going on Jan. 6 (shockingly was able to get a lightsaber reservation for 10:45 a.m.), and I know the time has been changed to 7 a.m. As such, would you say I should be OK if I get there around 6/6:30? I know I need to be there and in the park preferably before 7 so as to (almost) guarantee myself a BG based on what I've been reading in here.

Also, this two hour window, apologies if it's been asked before, but say my BG gets called around the time I'm building my saber, do I really have two hours? I know they say on the app getting a BG doesn't guarantee you on the ride, so I just want to get some takes so I know I didn't screw myself by booking my lightsaber for 10:45. Any advice is much appreciated.

First let me say THANKS so much to everyone who has contributed to this thread. I’ve read every post and every post from the previous thread- which was so much fun as things seemed to change every day- of course I wasn’t there dealing with not knowing what to expect! This information has been so helpful as we prepare for our Jan 3-11 trip! I understand the whole BG process as it stands now, but I have a rope drop question. With everyone trying to get a BG is rope drop still the same as always? We are the family typically there about an hour before opening ready to take off right at opening. Are people still doing this when they have to be trying for their BG at the same time? Is the initial rush delayed a little while everyone is on their phone? We want a BG but are also trying to figure out where we want to head first. We have FP+ for SDD so trying to decide between SR or Rnrc/ToT.

We are the family typically there about an hour before opening ready to take off right at opening. Are people still doing this when they have to be trying for their BG at the same time? Is the initial rush delayed a little while everyone is on their phone?
When the gates open the mass of people head forward until they are stopped by ropes closer to the theater.

If you have ever been in a runDisney corral of people that’s been released to start their run, that’s what it feels like. Once stopped, guests prepare for the moment Boarding Group joining begins. It occurs as soon as the opening message over the loudspeakers ends.

After that guests head to rides or Guest Experience Team CMs for assistance with joining BGs. The lines were huge yesterday.

When the gates open the mass of people head forward until they are stopped by ropes closer to the theater.

If you have ever been in a runDisney corral of people that’s been released to start their run, that’s what it feels like. Once stopped, guests prepare for the moment Boarding Group joining begins. It occurs as soon as the opening message over the loudspeakers ends.

After that guests head to rides or Guest Experience Team CMs for assistance with joining BGs. The lines were huge yesterday.
Thanks. So I guess the whole rope drop process hasn’t changed much. I thought maybe there’d be a little delay and we could get a jump on things. Do you think we should head to SR or Rnrc/ToT. My family could ride ToT over and over. How long does it take that line to build? We’ve always rope dropped tsmm in the past but thinking of switching it up.

Yup, app shows 109 as last BG. Which I think is pretty much the worst performance since the ride opened. On what seems to be the busiest day since it opened. And raining all day to boot.

What a ****show. Wish I could say my 3 weeks of planning here was helpful but unfortunately it was not. My best advice to anyone is make sure you are inside the park before it officially opens, and cross your fingers the app works well for you.

Wanted to share my experience of getting on ROTR today

5.00am left hotel room
5.15am got to car park
5.20am thru security
5.31am gates open
5.36am in queue on Hollywood boulevard

Then at 6am we were one of the many not recognised and had to queue to get a boarding pass - it was absolute chaos - Disney really needs to get its act together

My advice to anyone trying tomorrow would be to just queue up by a cast member guest experience blue shirt person before 6am just in case

We got BG 102 and were called at 5.40pm, little did we realise how lucky we were to get 102 as back ups started at 107 & 109 seems to be it today

In the queue for the ride it went down for 30/45 mins and we got a photo op with Chewie (and the offer of a banana)

Finished the ride and everything at 7.10pm - no spoilers but as a family who have visited Disney for the last 20 years this was the most amazing immersive experience ever - by a long way

Also special thanks to the cast member who gave us a FastPass for SR as an apology.

Finally if any of the guest relations people read this thread you all deserve a big thank you for the work you do in dealing with a lot of unhappy customers at 6am!

Did they scan fingers today? That seemed to be an issue yesterday
No they didn’t - clearly the IT system can’t cope with the volume of people entering the park at the same time (suspect the fingers slow down the entries and make sure everyone is counted)

Thanks. So I guess the whole rope drop process hasn’t changed much. I thought maybe there’d be a little delay and we could get a jump on things. Do you think we should head to SR or Rnrc/ToT. My family could ride ToT over and over. How long does it take that line to build? We’ve always rope dropped tsmm in the past but thinking of switching it up.
Yesterday, we booked RnRC as FP#4 for 11a-ish and then ToT immediately after for FP#5. There was a 2-hour Standby wait for ToT.

I didn’t check waits for MFSR as all of us have ridden it at DLand.

We were fingerprint scanned @ 6:20 but I noticed several people having problems with it.

Since you wont be there in the evening, I would rope drop smugglers run since the line could be 1-2 hours by late morning. Then, if you dont mind walking, do tower of terror right afterwards. Your SDD fastpass will be good until 945am. For MLK weekend, they might open up HS earlier, so you can take advantage of that. Then, you can easily get everything done way before 2pm. Plenty of time to walk around GE.

Thank you, that is very helpful! Didn't think of doing rope drop for smugglers run but makes sense.

Thank you, that is very helpful! Didn't think of doing rope drop for smugglers run but makes sense.

I’m not sure what it’s like at 6am but at 6:3am SR was 180 minutes ie. Most people have this same idea. In
Contrast, this evening 5-6pm it was 50-90 minutes

We were there opening week when you could join a boarding group as soon as you were scanned in. I'm sooooooo glad we did it then. This mess where everyone tries to get a BG at the same time would seriously work my nerves, lol.

For what it’s worth -
Up at 4:30. Two Ubers cancelled on me.

Bus from BLT picked up at 5:10, arrived at 5:27 or so. We had bags but everything was moving quick. No finger scans.

My sister and family had gotten an Uber so in the queue well ahead of us, but we were in the park and met them near Trolley Car Cafe before 5:50.

My sister and her husband were each using a phone. I was double-fisting my phone on LTE and my wife’s on WiFi.

Her husband pulled BG 17 and I only pulled 42. Figures, I’m the one who’s been watching, teaching and planning. :)

Due to the opening issues, she was called around 8 and I was called around 10:45.

... and totally worth the stress.

Do you have to be in the park to join the virtual queue or can you do it from your room, on your way, etc, via MDE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter