READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got BG 5 today! :cheer2:

-Both on T-Mobile / iPhone X / SO has iPhone XR FWIW
-Turned off Wi-fi
-Turned off bluetooth
-Me and SO both Opened app at 7:58 for 8am opening and kept it open
-Hit the AT-AT picture right at 8:00:00 according to my Apple Watch (used the fitness face that has seconds)
-Joining boarding group wasn’t lit up so I hit “My Status”
-Added me and my SO and I got BG 5 right away
-First group on RotR at 8:10ish

I had no problems at all with the app. We were right down Sunset Blvd. in front of the gift shop and got full reception. We were a bit worried since our Lyft driver got lost trying to pick us up and we got there a bit later than we were expecting. Staying to the far right after baggage check felt like a fast pass since it moved so fast so that definitely helped.

Ride is absolutely amazing and worth it IMO. The final sequence of the ride wasn’t working 100% but I’m glad it worked out because this was our only park day since we are here mainly for the half marathon tomorrow.

Thanks for the amazing tips and may the force be with all of you!!!
I know this is a bit OT, but could affect ability for guests to secure boarding groups, does anyone know what's going on with Uber/Lyft drivers getting lost picking up or going to HS? This is probably the 4th or 5th report I've seen of these drivers either taking the wrong way or almost the wrong way if passenger wasn't paying attention. Seems like with so many people opting for rideshare over Disney transportation that the drivers should be familiar with the area and get guests to the right spot.

Our family is headed to DHS tomorrow. Can’t wait! Just curious what time everyone got there today? I know it was a strange one with the weather & race. So it’s hard to predict what tomorrow will be like.
We were in line for the bus from ASMusic today at around 6:40. In line at the park by 7. Tapped in the gates maybe 10 -15 minutes later

Right at 8, we hit Find Out More. My son got BG 15 right away, but forgot to add the rest of our family to his party! He realized right away, and I was able to remove him from my party and got back up BG 101.
How long a time passed between getting the two boarding groups?

I realized that I hadn’t posted my timeline for our most recent day on February 16 and hoping that perhaps this will help someone.

6:42am: Catch bus at Riviera (FWIW, this might have been the only bus, as the Skyliner started up at 7:30 and the app showed “no bus available” after ours. A prior poster in this thread had sadly not gotten to DHS in time from Riviera when depending on the bus- so a cautionary note here for this resort. We even almost missed it as the app quoted the arrival time as 6:45. It actually pulled away at 6:43.

7:18am: Through security and tapstiles, no finger scans. Headed to picnic tables by the lake for a snack breakfast.

7:59am: IPhone X, iPhone 11 and iPhone SE (belonging to the tween in the group, who was under strict instructions to only take screenshots of the button not becoming active as we knew this would be an issue). The first two had wifi disabled, but the SE was on park wifi, which kept blinking in and out of existence.

8:00am: BG 18 using the iPhone X and a whack of pixie dust. Interestingly, once the button turned active on the other phones, it did not show as active again once the user backed out, even before the BG was secured.
8:20am —ish: BG called. We were having a much needed breakfast and adult beverages at Hollywood and Vine so waited until after 9 to head over.

At this point, the ride went down repeatedly and it ended up taking us nine hours to ride it to completion. The saga was despondently chronicled on this thread as it went on throughout the day so I won’t repost it, but it was excruciating to say the least. I mostly wanted to post the system and timeline in case this helped anyone.

:)

I know this is a bit OT, but could affect ability for guests to secure boarding groups, does anyone know what's going on with Uber/Lyft drivers getting lost picking up or going to HS? This is probably the 4th or 5th report I've seen of these drivers either taking the wrong way or almost the wrong way if passenger wasn't paying attention. Seems like with so many people opting for rideshare over Disney transportation that the drivers should be familiar with the area and get guests to the right spot.
They follow whatever route their app gives them, and it’s supposed to be the shortest route at the time. So if they aren’t double checking...

If 2 people are trying together and the first person grabs 2 boarding spots, will it be obvious to the 2nd person that they now have a boarding pass and can quit trying?

I’m sure it has been asked but I’m not seeing it anywhere..... does anyone know, are the boarding groups going to be the permanent system for booking this ride? Are they going to eventually switch over to fast passes for this ride? Just curious?

So about 15 more BGs processed today over yesterday. Steps in the right direction!
This wasn't just a step in the right direction... this was 12.25 BGs per hour... which rounds up to 12.3... which means.............................................

I'm cheating a bit via the rounding as the 1/12 result was 12.31 BUT I think we'll allow it!

Nobody know. However given the crowds and the varying ride up time and down time they are likely here for some time. That is really better than a 10 hour potential wait.

This wasn't just a step in the right direction... this was 12.25 BGs per hour... which rounds up to 12.3... which means.............................................

View attachment 475871

I'm cheating a bit via the rounding as the 1/12 result was 12.31 BUT I think we'll allow it!

Long may it continue! An to do so on the shorter hours. Hopefully another good group today will be doing another practice again from home.

I realized that I hadn’t posted my timeline for our most recent day on February 16 and hoping that perhaps this will help someone.

6:42am: Catch bus at Riviera (FWIW, this might have been the only bus, as the Skyliner started up at 7:30 and the app showed “no bus available” after ours. A prior poster in this thread had sadly not gotten to DHS in time from Riviera when depending on the bus- so a cautionary note here for this resort. We even almost missed it as the app quoted the arrival time as 6:45. It actually pulled away at 6:43.

7:18am: Through security and tapstiles, no finger scans. Headed to picnic tables by the lake for a snack breakfast.

7:59am: IPhone X, iPhone 11 and iPhone SE (belonging to the tween in the group, who was under strict instructions to only take screenshots of the button not becoming active as we knew this would be an issue). The first two had wifi disabled, but the SE was on park wifi, which kept blinking in and out of existence.

8:00am: BG 18 using the iPhone X and a whack of pixie dust. Interestingly, once the button turned active on the other phones, it did not show as active again once the user backed out, even before the BG was secured.
8:20am —ish: BG called. We were having a much needed breakfast and adult beverages at Hollywood and Vine so waited until after 9 to head over.

At this point, the ride went down repeatedly and it ended up taking us nine hours to ride it to completion. The saga was despondently chronicled on this thread as it went on throughout the day so I won’t repost it, but it was excruciating to say the least. I mostly wanted to post the system and timeline in case this helped anyone.

:)
There’s a place on the app where you can find arrival time for resort busses?! Can you tell me where to find it? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter