READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have had days when they use the fingerscan and days when they don't at dhs. Just make sure when you tap the head turns green, if it stays blue that means you haven't been recognized inside the park and you'll have issues trying to join a bg

(Offtopic) TIP: Put your finger on the scanner at the same time as you put the band on the touchpoint. It's faster than doing them separately if they are active, and it won't matter if they are not.

AMAZING!!!! FYI not sure if it’s been discussed but definitely watched A
Disney vip family get taken through fast pass for Rise of the resistance

Just FYI, the way it works is that you still have to get there at park opening and join a BG. From there it has been reported by some they have used the FP entrance when their BG has been called (and some have used the regular entrance). Some have reported being able to move up BGs. There was one random report of a guide “getting them in” without otherwise having joined a BG but that is not widespread practice (and I’m not sure I totally trust the report). Baring strings pulled, which can vary from guide to guide and cannot be relied upon, the rule of the thumb with the VIP tours is guests still need to get in a BG that AM, so no avoiding that part.

I have a question about those people who didn't have to use their fingerprint. Does the CM tell you not to use your finger or does the Mickey head turn green without doing a finger scan? We will be going there some time this week, whenever we feel like getting out of bed early, so I was curious about the finger scan.
I was told! They will do this often when there are big backups to get into parks.

This is OT so no need to respond, only quasi relevant since RotR is “blamed” for a lot of DHS craziness these days, but it looks like DHS crowds left at least for the day. Maybe Mardi Gras week vs a down week before the spring break build. DHS wait times look downright pleasant right now.

I wonder if that’s because the DHS goers are waiting to be there for MMRT and not going Monday and Tuesday since their DHS day would be after that. It’d be interesting to see!

After you scan into the park, how do you verify that everyone in your party is "in the park," according to the MDE app? After reading several places, this seems like the typical glitch when one happens and wondering how do you verify before the BGs are released?

After you scan into the park, how do you verify that everyone in your party is "in the park," according to the MDE app? After reading several places, this seems like the typical glitch when one happens and wondering how do you verify before the BGs are released?
If you have multiple day tickets, like a 4 day ticket situation, you can go on mde, to your ticket, after scanning and see the ticket went from, let's say 4 to 3.
If you have an ap you can go to a GET cm or guest relations before the park opens and make sure you're registered as being inside the park

I have a question about those people who didn't have to use their fingerprint. Does the CM tell you not to use your finger or does the Mickey head turn green without doing a finger scan? We will be going there some time this week, whenever we feel like getting out of bed early, so I was curious about the finger scan.
Both!

I automatically put my finger on the sensor, whereupon the cm said "No fingers," and I noticed that Mickey was already green.

I am a little bummed about not being about to practice. Coming in May from the west coast, and getting up at 5am to practice is a bit of a nonstarter...

I have a question... someone was mentioning using a stopwatch. I think they were using an app. Wouldn't you need to swap quickly from that app to the open MDE app? Do most people just wait until the time on their phone hits 8am and then just count off 3 seconds? I'm basically asking how people make sure it's 3 seconds after 8am. I feel if i try to switch apps I'll screw it all up!

I am a little bummed about not being about to practice. Coming in May from the west coast, and getting up at 5am to practice is a bit of a nonstarter...

I have a question... someone was mentioning using a stopwatch. I think they were using an app. Wouldn't you need to swap quickly from that app to the open MDE app? Do most people just wait until the time on their phone hits 8am and then just count off 3 seconds? I'm basically asking how people make sure it's 3 seconds after 8am. I feel if i try to switch apps I'll screw it all up!
Personally I've never used a second watch, i just wait for my phone to turn 8am and hit find out more, have got bg for myself 2 times and for friends and family inside the park 3 times, only one unsuccessful try from home and that was because the person in the park got it faster than me . Ive never waited 3 seconds after 8 either.

I did have the stopwatch and notes app open and had no issues with swapping between them! I do think it’s easier on an iPhone without a home button since it’s just a quick swipe up to switch. The apps use very little memory(?) but I wouldn’t have stuff like social media or camera apps open. I was on stopwatch until 8 and just counted in my head the extra couple seconds as I switched apps. I would make sure to practice swapping since I think MDE refreshes if it’s inactive too long but I had no issues. You could also just stare the the time the minute or two before but having the stopwatch going had me less on edge if that makes sense.

I did have the stopwatch and notes app open and had no issues with swapping between them! I do think it’s easier on an iPhone without a home button since it’s just a quick swipe up to switch. The apps use very little memory(?) but I wouldn’t have stuff like social media or camera apps open. I was on stopwatch until 8 and just counted in my head the extra couple seconds as I switched apps. I would make sure to practice swapping since I think MDE refreshes if it’s inactive too long but I had no issues. You could also just stare the the time the minute or two before but having the stopwatch going had me less on edge if that makes sense.
Got it. I was just going to stare at the little watch on the Iphone as it has a seconds hand on it. I have that app right next to the MDE app button on the phone. I get what you mean by being too edgy... blink and you'll miss it! ;)

We were there on 2/17. After getting our BG for RotR we followed a long, snaking line to MFSR. We made it to the entrance at 8:30 and saw the single-rider line. We hopped into it and there were only four people ahead of us. That was a very busy day so I'd say you have nothing to worry about at 8:15.

We hadn't done a ton of research before our trip so we didn't know anything about MFSR, including not knowing that there's a single-rider line. We would have walked right on without following the line if we had known.

Thanks for the info.

I went today to use my MF:SR FP+ and multi-experience FP that I got during the Fast Pass Fiasco last month.

Arrived at toll booth at 7:26, waited 7 minutes to get thru. Parked in handicapped lot.

Pretty big lines at bag check & tapstiles. I forgot to time them, but I think I waited a minute or 2 at the no-bag line. There were maybe 10-15 people at each tapstile, I think I got thru in around 5 minutes; there was some holdup at the front of the line. All of the lines looked pretty equal, whether left, right, or center.

Got to my favorite spot on Sunset next to Trolley Car Cafe about 10 minutes to 8. Ran Device Maintenance on my Galaxy S10 (it was already at 100%), restarted the phone, turned off wifi (running AT&T network), and ran speed check and closed it. Started WDW app, started a Clock app that shows seconds. I still had a couple of minutes, so I browsed to time.gov to check my phone time. Then closed browser and went back to Clock app. At 8:00:00, I switched to WDW app, while counting to 3 seconds, and tapped the photo at the count of 3. Join button came up grey, my heart skipped a beat, and half a second later it turned red. Got BG 8, first of the day!

Went to Batuu and hung out for a while, but when they hadn't started boarding by 8:30 I decided to take a ride on Skyliner while waiting. As soon as I got out to the Skyliner station, the group was called! Hurried back to Batuu, I think I got there about 8:45 (on a scooter), and they were boarding thru the FP line. Went straight on; there clearly were not enough riders to fill the ride to capacity yet. I think everything was running normally.

BTW, with my MF:SR FP, I just happened to get Pilot (right side) for the first time in my 3 rides. It makes quite a difference. This was the 1st time I truly enjoyed MF:SR. Even though I fear I didn't fly the ship very well.

Last edited:
We returned from WDW Saturday and were in HS everyday (every morning) for almost a week. We rode ROTR a total of 5 times and landed some pretty good BGs. I followed one method from this thread and want to thank those that posted the tips. It may not work for others but they worked very well for us and really eased the stress levels. The method we used was to close the MDE app before going through the entrance gate. Then get through the gate and and be tapped in before 8 am (HS opening time all week for us). Once through the turnstiles we would get in the long line at Starbucks and then restart the MDE, and being careful NOT to touch the Find out More button until it's time to get a BG. It was the most anxious and strange experience each day right at 7:59 and just before the welcome announcements, the loud chatter of thousands of people suddenly gets quiet. I followed someone's post about counting to 3 right at 8:00 then tapping the find out more button on 3 and here's the results:

Day 1; tapped in park at 8:02 and got BG 127, was last group called at 7 pm, ride broke down on us and was given next day fastpass
Day 2: used Fastpass and enjoyed ride 1st time, and also sleeping late for one day
Day 3: tapped in park at 7:28 and got BG 39, actually I got a bit too anxious and pressed find out more right at 8:00, then the Join Group button wasn't active and I had to go back to the main screen then pressed find out more again and then the Join Group button was active, only few seconds back and forth but every second counts on this ordeal
Day 4: tapped in park at 7:32 and got BG 14, a lot less stressful since we rode it twice and didn't think we would get lucky again
Day 5: tapped in park at 7:27 and got BG 12, this surprised us because this worked AGAIN, the ride started 40 minutes late and started at BG 10
Day 6: tapped in park at 7:35 and got BG 12, We were helping people in Starbucks line by this point and everyone around us got good BGs and was thanking us for the tips ;)

Starbucks had an excellent signal for us. And having coffee is one of our morning priorities. We used Verizon data and stayed off the WiFi. We waited in line for coffee rather than do crazy rope drop ride lines. Actually we rode MFSR five times and learned that just before close, the lines get considerably shorter. We rode it twice in one hour on one night. If driving in your car, arrive at parking toll booth 45 minutes before park opening. Traffic builds up considerably around 30 minutes after the hour. Arriving 15 minutes earlier made the biggest difference for us. The best part was getting a good BG, walking around enjoying coffee and listening to all the screams of joy after 8:00.

Hi, new here. Been going to WDW for years but this rise stuff is messing up my planning. Over from the UK now and when planning there was no date for Mickeys and we are at DHS on the 4th. Staying at Caribean Beach but the signs say the Skyliner doesn't open till 7.30. I take it I need to get an earlier bus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter