READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s funny, I’m reading this specific board every day, to the point that I’m obsessed.

Our trip is March 4-8, and I hope they continue with the boarding groups! Not sure how it’ll change with Mickey’s Railroad.

We’ve never been during the opening of a new ride, do you think getting there 2 hours before open will be okay? They open at 9am in March.

Dec 29th and Jan 1st.
Pop - buses run early, no sweat. Uber are rare and hard to get. Skyliner WAS NOT running that early.
Security is tight, plan time accordingly!
No finger reader.
BG 17 and then 73.

both let in about half hour prior. Moved crowd through well, kudos to staff.

6am, rope to smugglers, tons of people heading that way, only pays to be near the front of the herd, we walked most of the que, over an hour wait when we exited. Called right after, walked through rotr que.

7am, rope to rnrc, walked through to the studio room, then 20 min at tot. Called 4.5 hours later. Rotr que area was full at 1:00, but moved well.

LOTS of people have no idea how this works.

The only advantage to getting there an hour early or just 5 minutes is rope drop. If you’re in the park when BG open, same odds as everyone else.

Last edited:
It’s funny, I’m reading this specific board every day, to the point that I’m obsessed.

Our trip is March 4-8, and I hope they continue with the boarding groups! Not sure how it’ll change with Mickey’s Railroad.

We’ve never been during the opening of a new ride, do you think getting there 2 hours before open will be okay? They open at 9am in March.
If they continue with this same setup there's no need to get to the park that early.
Now since we don't know how they'll do MMRR 2 hours should be fine but again, keep checking for that later on

Same, I just found this thread a few days ago and am reading every day now and I’m not going until March 14. I will be looking forward to hearing how it goes with MMRR when it opens.

135. Seriously the most frustrating theme park experience I’ve had in a long time. App totally crapped out on two phones, just wouldn’t work at all.

Will smile and make the most it, be happy we got one, etc, but that experience was one and done for us. Not worth the stress and randomness of your connection.

Reserve the right to change my mind when my current saltiness wears off. 😎

135. Seriously the most frustrating theme park experience I’ve had in a long time. App totally crapped out on two phones, just wouldn’t work at all.

Will smile and make the most it, be happy we got one, etc, but that experience was one and done for us. Not worth the stress and randomness of your connection.

Oh, no. After all the tips...

For data points, were you near a GET CM or did you need to search for one?

Wifi or not?

I‘ve been following this thread and checking the app in preparation for a visit next Thursday, the day before the Marathon Weekend 10K. Looks like non backup BGs were gone within 10 minutes today.

Also looks from following this thread like getting a lower BG number for anyone in the park at opening is more a matter of luck than method or preparation. Pretty much a lottery.

This whole thing is pretty funny/interesting in terms of human behavior.

My 6:44am thoughts are that we are all nuts. 🤣

😬 Sorry to hear that. Well, at least you can say you tried it. I hope the ride itself makes the headache worth it. MTFBWY!

PS- As a tip if there’s ever a next time:
Use the force!!! 😉:darth::chewy::yoda:

Last edited:

Ugh, that really sucks ... Is 135 a regular or back-up? If back-up I would be tempted to talk to GET CM - just feels wrong to do everything right but then due to technology issues you don't get a guaranteed ride. If it is a regular BG Gus's just enjoy the rest of your day and know you should get on at some point

Same experience this morning. App kept getting stuck and saying the BGs were closed as people around us were successful (and after announcement that BGs were open). Finally through at 7:03 - got BG 121. Three minutes after the system went live.

I was willing to give the virtual queue a chance despite not liking them at all (try to get to Volcano Bay early just to avoid theirs). This has made my opinion even less favorable - which I didn’t think was possible.

Oh, no. After all the tips...

For data points, were you near a GET CM or did you need to search for one?

Wifi or not?

I didn’t see a lot of GET CMs, although I didn’t look that hard, to be honest.

No WiFi.

Internet and app speed were really off starting around 10 mins before 7am. Like being at a sports venue where connections are slow.

People around us were getting BGs, cheering, etc. My app signed me out and wouldn’t let me back in. DW and I had split up, she had issues too and eventually got in.

And I guess 135 is a backup. Good grief, within 6 mins of opening???

I rarely post, but been following this thread since the beginning. Today was our day.
Left Contemporary at 6:15 and arrived at 6:30. Through the tapstiles by 6:50. Tried to get bg on two phones and neither worked until 7:07 when we got backup group 132. We were stuck before sunset blvd, by the time we reached the get team we had our bg.
Very frustrating. Arrived at rnrc at 7:10 the wait was already 45 minutes.

Same experience this morning. App kept getting stuck and saying the BGs were closed as people around us were successful (and after announcement that BGs were open). Finally through at 7:03 - got BG 121. Three minutes after the system went live.

I was willing to give the virtual queue a chance despite not liking them at all (try to get to Volcano Bay early just to avoid theirs). This has made my opinion even less favorable - which I didn’t think was possible.
There's no better alternative at the moment. You'll get to ride it today. Also, enjoy volcano bay, love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter