• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going in Pctober. I am practicing at home. On mY 2019 iPad Pro I get my fake party to the not so fast you have to be in the park screen every time. On my Samsung galaxy it consistently takes too long and I miss out. I guess I haul the iPad Pro to the park and put it in a locker?

How early are they letting you into the parking lot at Hollywood Studios? We went to Epcot last weekend and we were too early and they made us turn around and come back at 10:30am.

We drove and arrived at the parking lot at 8:59 and waited in line (5 cars back) until 9:15. Parked, walked, and made it through temp check and security by 9:25. We went straight to slinky and lined up, they started running it at 9:45, we rode and were off by 9:50. Walked over and got a table in the shade by Woody’s lunch box, I started refreshing at 9:59, got boarding group 9 on my iPhone 11 with Verizon...sounds like everyone around us were unsuccessful. They still haven’t started loading the ride as of 11:30 this morning. We stopped and asked if they had any idea when boarding groups would start to be called and were just told they were having more trouble than usual. Fingers crossed it is up and running soon!

We drove and arrived at the parking lot at 8:59 and waited in line (5 cars back) until 9:15. Parked, walked, and made it through temp check and security by 9:25. We went straight to slinky and lined up, they started running it at 9:45, we rode and were off by 9:50. Walked over and got a table in the shade by Woody’s lunch box, I started refreshing at 9:59, got boarding group 9 on my iPhone 11 with Verizon...sounds like everyone around us were unsuccessful. They still haven’t started loading the ride as of 11:30 this morning. We stopped and asked if they had any idea when boarding groups would start to be called and were just told they were having more trouble than usual. Fingers crossed it is up and running soon!

Yay!

I tried practicing with the "refresh" method this morning and it scared me lol it wasn't refreshing very quickly when I was pulling down so I switched back to waiting on the main page of the app and hitting "join" at 10. Had another successful attempt. 29 days to go.

We're here also today. We were on the first bus from the contemporary resort at around 850. Got into the park around 920 ish. Temp and bag checks were fast and easy. Walked all the way back to GE and we were the first group on smugglers run at around 940. Had to wait until 945 and they let us on. We were out of there by 956 and right under the falcon when we signed up for Rise. We had three people trying for our party of 7, groups on MDE were pre organized so we could hit select all. We were using Google pixel phones (2s and a 3) on Verizon and had full bars. We used the "refresh" method. Worked great for us. When we came a few days ago, we got BG #16.

Wife got BG #1 today. We were pretty excited.

However, it's now 1150 (update.. still unopened at 1:10p) and they haven't opened the ride yet or called any groups. It also opened very late and broke down a couple of days ago while we were on it. Definitely a finicky ride, but amazing and welll worth the hassle to try to get on.

Last edited:

Sounds exactly like my dad except I got BG 10. Lowest I’ve gotten since reopening. My plan was to ride one thing, get a BG and Go home. But with such a low group I figured I should stick around. Bad decision haha.

We're here also today. We were on the first bus from the contemporary resort at around 850. Got into the park around 920 ish. Temp and bag checks were fast and easy. Walked all the way back to GE and we were the first group on smugglers run at around 940. Had to wait until 945 and they let us on. We were out of there by 956 and right under the falcon when we signed up for Rise. We had three people trying for our party of 7, groups on MDE were pre organized so we could hit select all. We were using Google pixel phones (2s and a 3) on Verizon and had full bars. We used the "refresh" method. Worked great for us. When we came a few days ago, we got BG #16.

Wife got BG #1 today. We were pretty excited.

However, it's now 1150 (update.. still unopened at 1:10p) and they haven't opened the ride yet or called any groups. It also opened very late and broke down a couple of days ago while we were on it. Definitely a finicky ride, but amazing and welll worth the hassle to try to get on.
There’s a video on Twitter of a massive lightening bolt striking Galaxy’s Edge last night. That may have damaged some of Rise’s electronics.

Is the only lightning rod in that park on HTH? I would have thought GE had one for this very reason. I got a pretty good shot of what I think was the same lightning bolt last night. Crazy storm.
I would think every structure in WDW would have a lightning arrest system.

Is there any difference anymore in backups and regular other than likelihood of getting on? I assume they aren't handing out free tickets to people that don't get to ride anymore surely.
Not really. I had BG 1 on Sunday and didn't get on until about 6:30. I think they were in the 30s by then but it was up and down all day.

Is the only lightning rod in that park on HTH? I would have thought GE had one for this very reason. I got a pretty good shot of what I think was the same lightning bolt last night. Crazy storm.
there are several all around each park, SWGE has a couple, actually the Mickey on top of Crossroads (entrance) is a lightning rod. But RotR works with a lot of wifi and other types of remote communications so that might be what is fried right now

I swear this ride is doomed. It's a struggle to get a boarding pass to ride it, it goes down all the time, and now lightning messed it up. LOL

I've noticed Muppets has also been down all day. It is right next to RotR and I have to assume this is somehow related, but I'm not sure why or what about Muppets could have been messed up. Maybe it's just due to excess need for backstage access to Rise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter