READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I apologize if this is a stupid question but.....my son doesn’t have a smart phone yet but he is pretty quick on the trigger. Could he use one of our old smart phone without a data plan (with the parks wi-fi) to try and get a boarding group?

It's worth testing out at home on your home wifi. See how your son does at 10am or 2pm practicing.

Very similar story as ucf_knight above... we were in line about 20 cars back at the toll plaza and parked in second row, and went straight to MMRR. Tried for BG while in line (all iPhones models 8 and 10, on Verizon data, left location services on). DH and I have both been practicing from home.

Decided to have the kids try and explained the steps. Of course 11yr old daughter gets BG 6 right out the gate (with zero practice). We were stoked, but she’ll never let us live it down. :hyper:

Got notification we had been called right before boarding MMRR (cute!!), then proceeded to Rise. Great ride!!

Ok I apologize if this is a stupid question but.....my son doesn’t have a smart phone yet but he is pretty quick on the trigger. Could he use one of our old smart phones without a data plan (with the parks wi-fi) to try and get a boarding group along with us on our phones?
Yes that's what my kids do.. he has a tracfone from walmart.. and my other son has our old phone. Besides the MDE app .. The phones come in hand in the parks as well
They have netflix dl movies and games and DL text now and they can have a free phone number and text. Kinda nice if they get lost in the park or want to send you photos they take.

So, my experience so far with BGs. I've been able to help several friends get a BG while not being in the park (I live in Chile). Several people connected to the same My Disney Experience Profile. Every time we try this, I've been successful. Today I was even able to get BG1 for some friends!!!!
My recommendation is if you can get somebody from outside the park to help you out, do it!!! It will definitely increase your chances.

So, my experience so far with BGs. I've been able to help several friends get a BG while not being in the park (I live in Chile). Several people connected to the same My Disney Experience Profile. Every time we try this, I've been successful. Today I was even able to get BG1 for some friends!!!!
My recommendation is if you can get somebody from outside the park to help you out, do it!!! It will definitely increase your chances.

You're able to have multiple people logged into the same account at the same time?

Also I have a question that I haven't seen an answer for. If you are practicing at home how do you know you would have been successful if you were in the park?

Trying to decide if I should burn one of my vacation days trying to ride.. the last time we were unsuccessful..
Now today I went to try at 2 noticed they are only boarding 35-50 so I'm guessing it was down yet again??

Problem with I phone.
The Disney app always says " weak or no internet connection" no matter what the connection: wifi/ data.
Installed and reinstalled the app, same problem coming up.

Can't even sign in MDE since it always thinks there is no internet connection.

Problem with I phone.
The Disney app always says " weak or no internet connection" no matter what the connection: wifi/ data.
Installed and reinstalled the app, same problem coming up.

Can't even sign in MDE since it always thinks there is no internet connection.

Have you tried resetting your network settings? A lot of times this can solve network connection issues.

You're able to have multiple people logged into the same account at the same time?

Yes
Also I have a question that I haven't seen an answer for. If you are practicing at home how do you know you would have been successful if you were in the park?

Yes you can have multiple people trying in the same account.

If you get the error that says that everyone is not in the park (as opposed to the red X of death) then you would've gotten a boarding pass.

1.- You're able to have multiple people logged into the same account at the same time?
2.- Also I have a question that I haven't seen an answer for. If you are practicing at home how do you know you would have been successful if you were in the park?
1.- Yes
2.- I wasn't practicing. I logged into my friends profile. My friends were actually in the park.

Last edited:
I was 2/2 on our recent trip. Got BG 19 the first time on 10/2 and BG 9 on our second DHS day on 10/6. I never practiced, but I was faster than my sister both times.

We drove from Pop rather than having to line up for the Skyliner super early and easily got in the park with tons of time to spare. Turned off wifi because it's always iffy in the parks. It was awesome.

I was 2/2 on our recent trip. Got BG 19 the first time on 10/2 and BG 9 on our second DHS day on 10/6. I never practiced, but I was faster than my sister both times.

We drove from Pop rather than having to line up for the Skyliner super early and easily got in the park with tons of time to spare. Turned off wifi because it's always iffy in the parks. It was awesome.
When you drove from pop what time did you leave / get in the park? how long was security line ?

right now I am thinking of prebooking a taxi ( I need a car seat and dont want to risk not being able to get an Uber with a seat ) at 8:30 knowing that they will let cars in at 8:50?

i know many people suggest walking but I am not going to make reservations that I won’t keep and i am sure I would see many people walking but I did not want to experiment with not Knowing where I was even though it is probably obvious !

Also, i am having serious problems with the MDE app! Resetting network settings did not help and the app will not load or turn on because it always thinks it is not connected to internet .

Can I just wait and get a BG with GET at 10am ? Or wait before 10 with one of the get people? Or is there already a line at the blue umbrellas before 10?

We didn’t have any luck today at 10am or 2pm. Two phones with super fast fingers. A CM told me that multiple phones phones per group fight against each other and kick each other out. Can anybody speak to this? We are going again this Saturday.

Also, do the GET people really help?

Yes you can have multiple people trying in the same account.

If you get the error that says that everyone is not in the park (as opposed to the red X of death) then you would've gotten a boarding pass.

I've gotten the red x the last few times and I quickly x out and join again and get the message saying that everyone is not in the park. Also I was told that the new app automatically selects everyone that is in the park. Can someone confirm that it does this even though you have to select manually if you aren't in the park?

We didn’t have any luck today at 10am or 2pm. Two phones with super fast fingers. A CM told me that multiple phones phones per group fight against each other and kick each other out. Can anybody speak to this? We are going again this Saturday.

It's false, lots of people do it every day. That being said, don't tell the CM you tried on different phones, they like to blame that as the reason. However, it's more likely your phones were just slow today. Seems to be happening to random people at various times.

Good luck on Saturday!

No....no .....and absolutely NOT!!!!!! We usually have 4 phones connected to the same account. Never had any issues with that.

Also, i am having serious problems with the MDE app! Resetting network settings did not help and the app will not load or turn on because it always thinks it is not connected to internet .

Can I just wait and get a BG with GET at 10am ? Or wait before 10 with one of the get people? Or is there already a line at the blue umbrellas before 10?
The most recent MDE update requires the most recent IOS update. My old iPhone 7 would not load the most recent IOS update so in turn, I could not get the MDE app to work right. It didn't matter what I did. I ended up upgrading my phone (it was over 3 years old anyway) before my mid-September trip. I've had no problems with the app since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter