READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to let everyone know the cast at rise can't do anything, sometimes GET (blue shirts) or guest relations are able to help but not guaranteed

Just to be clear, not the line cast members, there sometimes is a guest relations person with an iPad there. He was able to help a couple. If he is not there regular cast members can’t do anything.

If anyone can record their screen while going through the BG process I would appreciate it. My wife is terrified that we won’t get one. I’ve showed her it’s a quick process but I’ve yet to convince her that everyone with a park reservation will be auto selected so we can quickly go past that screen.

My data strength is better at Pop and all throughout Disney World than it is at home! I use wifi at home and data in Florida. I have straight talk.

If anyone can record their screen while going through the BG process I would appreciate it. My wife is terrified that we won’t get one. I’ve showed her it’s a quick process but I’ve yet to convince her that everyone with a park reservation will be auto selected so we can quickly go past that screen.
There are screen shots that were posted on the previous page.....

Just to be clear, not the line cast members, there sometimes is a guest relations person with an iPad there. He was able to help a couple. If he is not there regular cast members can’t do anything.
Guest relations cm might be able to help, not always, it's important to make the distinction, some people seem to believe they can always help when they can't, so i like being very clear

It took IT 2-3 hours (each call) and several days to do the account change. It messed things up further for me.

I meant start with a new account with a new email for a new trip and just abandon the existing account after any trips on it are done. It's not ideal, but it might be the only way to make things better in the future. Sorry it's been such a hassle. I already have two accounts with different emails, but I hardly ever use the second account.

I think it’s the type of phone+wifi. I couldn’t get a pass using AT&T on iPhone 7 with all data cleared, apps closed, auto lock set to 5 minutes (it’s under Display & Brightness). ROTR guest relations tried to tell me maybe my phone was not the latest XR . Samsung+wifi at Kidani (clicking to the third join button in less than 2 second) worked.

This was in July, but both my husband and I have iPhone 7 on AT&T. We got BG at 10am for 3 days without any problems. One of us would use wifi and the other cell. One of us would always get one for the 3 of us. I think it's really random and not everyone is going to get one. I don't think any of these special things people are doing really matter. Just be on a join page logged in and ready to go. If it's just one person trying, I would probably use cell.

I meant start with a new account with a new email for a new trip and just abandon the existing account after any trips on it are done. It's not ideal, but it might be the only way to make things better in the future. Sorry it's been such a hassle. I already have two accounts with different emails, but I hardly ever use the second account.

This was in July, but both my husband and I have iPhone 7 on AT&T. We got BG at 10am for 3 days without any problems. One of us would use wifi and the other cell. One of us would always get one for the 3 of us. I think it's really random and not everyone is going to get one. I don't think any of these special things people are doing really matter. Just be on a join page logged in and ready to go. If it's just one person trying, I would probably use cell.

Sorry I misunderstood. I think creating a new account tip is great, thanks. I thought this was just a rare case.

For 7 AM BG window it will pre-select everyone that has a HS reservation and a ticket entitlement. Just keep hitting "Join" as fast as you can to get through the process steps and don't bother to look at the list.

I came here wondering about this issue. I had read that the first day (or maybe first couple of days?) that they had the 7am booking that your party was NOT pre-selected. I take it from reading this thread that that is something that has been changed/fixed now, but just wanted to confirm.

I came here wondering about this issue. I had read that the first day (or maybe first couple of days?) that they had the 7am booking that your party was NOT pre-selected. I take it from reading this thread that that is something that has been changed/fixed now, but just wanted to confirm.
That happened only first day of this process

That happened only first day of this process

I noticed this issue yesterday as it was my first day practicing. I had to scroll through and select my family. So my question is, on the day we go in Dec, will I not have to select each person? Thanks

I noticed this issue yesterday as it was my first day practicing. I had to scroll through and select my family. So my question is, on the day we go in Dec, will I not have to select each person? Thanks

When you have a valid reservation, everyone with one will be checked. So when practicing, don't stop to check anyone. So it's not an issue, it's by design.

Correct while testing it is not an issue don't stop to look around, scroll up or scroll down or click on anything but a "Join" button. If you don't have a valid Park reservation it will stop you at a page to tell you that you don't have a valid park reservation. That is as far as you can go.

For what to me seems like the 1000th time. You are only focused on practicing your timing and become familiar with how the app works for you before you have to try for the Golden Ticket aka a BG for your day at HS.

On the morning of your day planned for HS, everyone that has a valid ticket, a Park reservation for HS will be pre-selected as you instantly click the Join button.

Dave

Correct while testing it is not an issue don't stop to look around, scroll up or scroll down or click on anything but a "Join" button. If you don't have a valid Park reservation it will stop you at a page to tell you that you don't have a valid park reservation. That is as far as you can go.

For what to me seems like the 1000th time. You are only focused on practicing your timing and become familiar with how the app works for you before you have to try for the Golden Ticket aka a BG for your day at HS.

On the morning of your day planned for HS, everyone that has a valid ticket, a Park reservation for HS will be pre-selected as you instantly click the Join button.

Dave

Ok cool. Thanks

Has anyone noticed whether there is a roughly equal number of boarding groups distributed between the 7am and 2pm times or whether most of the groups are assigned at 7am (leaving few opportunities for those trying at 2pm)? Thank you!

Has anyone noticed whether there is a roughly equal number of boarding groups distributed between the 7am and 2pm times or whether most of the groups are assigned at 7am (leaving few opportunities for those trying at 2pm)? Thank you!
We will never know the numbers as Disney doesn't disclose them but usually we see roughly around 50ish bg already processed by 2pm and then at the end of a good night around 100 bg called.
Today has been a great day with 118 bg called

We will never know the numbers as Disney doesn't disclose them but usually we see roughly around 50ish bg already processed by 2pm and then at the end of a good night around 100 bg called.
Today has been a great day with 118 bg called

So...about 50 groups awarded in the morning and another 50 or so in the afternoon (with more that are backup if the ride is going extra smoothly?). We have 2 days currently scheduled over Thanksgiving at DHS and we were planning to have one morning to sleep in and relax (but didn’t want to miss the 7am drop if that is where the vast majority of boarding groups are distributed for the day). Thank you!

So...about 50 groups awarded in the morning and another 50 or so in the afternoon (with more that are backup if the ride is going extra smoothly?). We have 2 days currently scheduled over Thanksgiving at DHS and we were planning to have one morning to sleep in and relax (but didn’t want to miss the 7am drop if that is where the vast majority of boarding groups are distributed for the day). Thank you!
I’d use the second DHS day as the planned sleep in day, but if you do get shut out on the first day, designate someone to be up for the 7am on the second DHS day, just to have another opportunity to try to get the boarding group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter