READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the morning mayhem lottery... can anyone make sense as to why one person's phone is able to grab a boarding pass while someone else cannot? My son has a newer Android phone and he registered as not being in the park. I have an older iPhone. I was able to get a backup boarding pass after refreshing numerous times. We were both on Verizon LTE, all bars filled (showing good connectivity). It was so disheartening hearing the cheers of people around who had snagged a pass, when you are still trying. And we KNEW what to do thanks to this forum. I'm certain there were plenty of people arriving with the intention of riding, with no clue that if they did not book a pass with their phone by 7:05, they were out of luck. Oh and yeah...I concur with the belief that there is no Disney Magic with GET with regard to RoR. None were roaming today. Very curt answers. Long lines in the 2 locations where they were camped. Cast members seemed aggravated that they had to deal with people who had problems. Seems they were more "helpful" in the initial reports.

I agree--very disheartening to read this and to hear about all the people who are getting messages that their BG's will not be accommodated today. The curt CMs is not good! The horrible Disney IT is why I (and others) thought they wouldn't do it this way to start--too many people in the park at once overwhelming the system. Seems like they decided this was "better" than the alternative, but they should have a better way in place to deal with frustrated people.

Also would a Tokyo Disney /Sea lottery system work instead of the previous methods implemented? Enter the park when you want, click on the app and roll the dice.
Great point. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this before. We were in Tokyo Disneyland this summer and lost on the lottery, but I think it's a MUCH better system than the current one where you have to get up early, deal with the masses, and essentially roll the IT dice.

How did they notify you?

I got an alert from MDE that came through to my Apple Watch whilst I was walking. Unfortunately the notification didn’t show up on my iPhone so I haven’t been able to re-read what it said. It did say I’d get a Fastpass to use at Hollywood Studios tomorrow but the list of rides I can use it on per the detail on my MDE account doesn’t list Rise of the Resistance. I’ve also been given a 1 day Hollywood Studios pass which I’ll likely never get to use.

If anybody reading has questioned why they can’t just move to a regular queue and let people decide to wait, today is a great example as to why it would be a mess.

Look how long it went down for. Look how many times it went down. A 6 hour line in a standstill for an hour? An 8 hours line worth of people made to clear it and then linger outside the entrance in the hope of being among the first when it opens again? Never mind stressful it wouldn’t even be safe. They absolutely need the control of the BG to prevent major crowd control issues that would pop up if they handled this like a regular line.

I got a notification about 15 minutes ago saying they won’t be able to accommodate my boarding group (119) today! I’d be lying to say I’m not bitterly disappointed!
This is very disappointing and has got me worried about tomorrow. I’ve been up at 5am for the past two days now. I don’t want to wake up even earlier to just get disappointed and waste my time again.

I was happy when @GADisneyDad14 stated I could used fast passes in other parks, but after hearing @Temp77 regular boarding group did not make it on today, I wonder how people are dealing with ADR and calls for boarding groups? I have a few scheduled for our trip, but may be quick service is a better option?

I got an alert from MDE that came through to my Apple Watch whilst I was walking. Unfortunately the notification didn’t show up on my iPhone so I haven’t been able to re-read what it said. It did say I’d get a Fastpass to use at Hollywood Studios tomorrow but the list of rides I can use it on per the detail on my MDE account doesn’t list Rise of the Resistance. I’ve also been given a 1 day Hollywood Studios pass which I’ll likely never get to use.
I just talked with a Guest Experience Team member and she & her manager both said that the fast pass for tomorrow should allow you to get on. I took a screen shot just in case and got her name as she said it wouldn’t hurt, just in case we have issues. I haven’t received my push notification yet, but I’m 118, so I’m sure it will be coming soon. I will say talking to them closer up front was much more pleasant and they were very helpful!

I was happy when @GADisneyDad14 stated I could used fast passes in other parks, but after hearing @Temp77 regular boarding group did not make it on today, I wonder how people are dealing with ADR and calls for boarding groups? I have a few scheduled for our trip, but may be quick service is a better option?

If plans are flexible for you, I would move any ADRs that are important to you and not in DHS away from a DHS day where ROTR is planned. An in park ADR should be fine. An ADR elsewhere that you don’t mind having to cancel depending on how the day goes should also be fine.

I am grateful that we were able to ride in Dec before all this madness. I hope it works itself out as the crowds dissipate. While I loved not having to wait in a line, being a rope-dropper who loves the early morning relative quietness, I don't like what this all-at-once VQ system does to the rope drop experience. I would hate to see this turn into a SOP for new rides and be implemented in all parks.
what do you propose they do instead? Make less popular attractions, lol?

Can someone explain how the Japan Sea Lottery system worked? Just for my education --- if the BG gone in 5minutes continues, a lottery system does indeed seem to be appropriate.

I just talked with a Guest Experience Team member and she & her manager both said that the fast pass for tomorrow should allow you to get on. I took a screen shot just in case and got her name as she said it wouldn’t hurt, just in case we have issues. I haven’t received my push notification yet, but I’m 118, so I’m sure it will be coming soon. I will say talking to them closer up front was much more pleasant and they were very helpful!

Thanks for the info. When I read the alert that came through to my watch I thought it said the fastpass would include Rise but when I went to check the fast pass in my MDE I got concerned that it wasn’t listed. I’m just finishing up dinner at Mama Melrose and will try and speak with the guest experience team shortly.

Thanks for the info. When I read the alert that came through to my watch I thought it said the fastpass would include Rise but when I went to check the fast pass in my MDE I got concerned that it wasn’t listed. I’m just finishing up dinner at Mama Melrose and will try and speak with the guest experience team shortly.
You’re welcome. When you received the push notification, did it change your status in the app?

It would be really nice if they could somehow prevent the
Can someone explain how the Japan Sea Lottery system worked? Just for my education --- if the BG gone in 5minutes continues, a lottery system does indeed seem to be appropriate.

You scan a ticket and will be told If you “win” or “lose”. If you win, you are good to go to the show/attraction, but if you lose, you cannot enter the lottery again that day.

You’re welcome. When you received the push notification, did it change your status in the app?

When we got a no-go alert, our status still showed our BG number, teasing us that there may still be hope. But once you get the alert, it’s nearly certain you won’t board, whether the alert comes 5 hours before park closing or just a few hours before close.

If BG don’t stick around for a more reasonable amount of time in the mornings once the crowds go, I think it would be almost better to move to a full on lottery system that could be accessed from anywhere. Ration the amount of times a person can enter per period of time, set rules around who can enter (a hotel check in date, a ticket linked for the appropriate dates, an AP that hasn’t won the lottery for the appropriate amount of time) whatever it takes to make it work.

Obviously that comes with many flaws, most notably the higher amount of people who would enter without the barrier to entry, but its not okay that someone can waste an entire day at Disney, arriving exactly when they should be very early in the morning, and not get to ride. It is a lottery at this point, but with a fairly high cost to enter. Maybe it would just be better at this point to lower that entry cost.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter